2 Castles, 2 Send out 2011 & Ring in 2012...12 Days of Christmas

Sorry for not responding to each of you...updating by iPhone is difficult, at least for me! We are standing waiting to go into the Tiki Room before heading to have lunch in the castle! Can't believe the trip is almost over, but I am ready to be home in my own bed! Ab is freaking out over missing 3 days of school...but of all of us she is the one that needs the break!

Sorry for not responding to each of you...updating by iPhone is difficult, at least for me! We are standing waiting to go into the Tiki Room before heading to have lunch in the castle! Can't believe the trip is almost over, but I am ready to be home in my own bed! Ab is freaking out over missing 3 days of school...but of all of us she is the one that needs the break!

Of course the over achieving child who is in "the happiest place on earth" would be upset about school!!! :rotfl2:

Oh stop--- enjoy your trip and catch up when you have time! Tell Ab to have fun she is going to go back to work and she's so smart she'll pick up on all missed stuff rather quickly! Keep having fun!

Whew...made it safe and sound without any issues or stress (or none that I am revealing until I start a trip report or in this case finish one). So glad that I hired a driver to take us to the airport with all the mess of the marathon!

Almost all unpacked...lots of little odds and ends (all those things that I hate the most to put away...and I dont even have clothes laying on the back of the couch). They boys are outside terrorizing the dogs with the cars they built at Ridemax (I think the dogs like it though...they have been lonely).

Whew...made it safe and sound without any issues or stress (or none that I am revealing until I start a trip report or in this case finish one). So glad that I hired a driver to take us to the airport with all the mess of the marathon!

Almost all unpacked...lots of little odds and ends (all those things that I hate the most to put away...and I dont even have clothes laying on the back of the couch). They boys are outside terrorizing the dogs with the cars they built at Ridemax (I think the dogs like it though...they have been lonely).

Yay! Welcome home Tammie!!! Glad you all made it safe and sound!

Welcome home, Tammie! It was great meeting you and your wonderful family. Too bad we missed each other yesterday. The food court was really hopping last night, lots of marathon people there. Hope you enjoyed Ohana last night. Look forward to the TR!

:welcome:Welcome Home Tammie and family!!!:welcome:

Glad that you got home safe and sound and the dogs are happy to see you guys!

Glad you all made it home safely. It was great meeting you and the kids. Ab was so sweet to Maddison. That is one special girl you got there. My question is do you think your hubby will give a green light to another trip after seeing how great this one was?

Noelle

Okay...need some advice and maybe a hug. Is it normal to come home and wake up disaapointed in your trip? I am reading all the funny things and unpredicted happenings that made all of your trips magical...and well simply put our trip was just uneventful mostly...kind of like my life...you know go through the motions but without emotions. I (ME and ME alone) had some magical moments alone in my mind, but I feel like my family just never got it or got the trip. Maybe my expectations were too high and I tried to hard...:sad2: I have tried the last year to really work on family life and doing things together as a family, but I guess that I have raised everyone to be way too independent...

Okay...need some advice and maybe a hug. Is it normal to come home and wake up disaapointed in your trip? I am reading all the funny things and unpredicted happenings that made all of your trips magical...and well simply put our trip was just uneventful mostly...kind of like my life...you know go through the motions but without emotions. I (ME and ME alone) had some magical moments alone in my mind, but I feel like my family just never got it or got the trip. Maybe my expectations were too high and I tried to hard...:sad2: I have tried the last year to really work on family life and doing things together as a family, but I guess that I have raised everyone to be way too independent...

I can give you a lot of these :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: Tammie.

But I don't know what to tell you to actually reassure you. But I can point out at least one thing from the picture you posted already... The picture on Goo's face in the picture with Lightening McQueen should make you reconsider questioning your trips worth. He had the same smile on his face Alexa had when she meet "Rella" (Cinderella) in Disney!

Personally my family just needed to get away from reality. And mine and my mom's place is in Disney. The goal of the trip was to take my mom's mind off the situation with my dad, and it did. The trip was the happiest we had seen her.

You were also dealing with the teenager wanting to be back at school! That might have put a little damper on the mood too. At least you know school for her will never be a problem!

Again :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Tammie,
Glad you all made it home safe and sound.
I'm sorry you are feeling a little blue. I felt the same way when we got back. I honestly think that some of us "planner types" do soooooo much ahead of time and conjure up such huge expectations that we tend to get disappointed when it's all done and it wasn't as picture perfect as we imagined or the other people in our party didn't get as thrilled as we had thought they would. Trust me....I thought David would LOVE our vacation and he seriously acted like it wasn't even a big deal at all the whole time. It made me so:headache:!

anyway.....I'm sure your family will always remember it and I also know they surely had a great time. I'm working on my scrapbook of the trip now and it's going to be huge. I know after a year or two everybody is going to look at all the photos and have great memories because somehow or another, the good stuff that happened always seems to rise to the surface and any of the snafus or attitude problems that may have happened seem to fade away. You'll see! Start your TR and then do some scrapbooking and you'll feel better, trust me. That's why I did my TR so fast when I got back. It made me ease back into the real world and helped me remember all the fun little details.

Tammie, I bet they had a better time than you think. I asked my dh if he thought your dh enjoyed Disney. He said they had a conversation...are you ready for this???...about Walt Disney...not the resort, but Walt Disney the man. Your dh was very interested in the man who started this all. My dh said that he gave your dh the quick 411 on the man and had recommended that he check out One Man's Dream at DHS.

Can you believe that?! And we thought they only talked fish!!!

In my experience, I think I enjoy the planning the most. The anticipation of the trip is usually more exciting than the trip itself. Especially, if I have been planning for a long time. When I go back and look at pictures and watch the videos, I remember it being more fun than when we were down there. Sounds crazy but that's usually what happend to me. I bet once you relive it through the trip report, you will not be so disappointed.

I'm with Ashley on the :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:'s!!! I think that all of us went for different reasons! Whether it be for more family time or to get your mom to think of something else! I went as almost a last straw with K and his silly ways and not wanting to do family things just work and things like that! So with that in mind if I look at the trip in the sense of comparing it to others I'm not able to say my trip was successful. If I ask myself did we accomplish most of what we wanted to do (like get K to spend more time with us and 'let his hair down') then yes my trip was very successful! I think that there are moments you just have to look back at them! Like when you swam with the dolphins wasn't Ab happy? Or like Ashley said that face he has with McQueen! Just think about those moments and take them as a trip well done! I think that from what pictures I have seen it looks like it was a really good trip and they were more pleased with it than you may feel. Maybe your kids and husband just don't know how to express it? Maybe try sitting around the table with some of the memory pages you can find all over and have each person say what he/she liked most about the trip and I am sure that more will come out then you realize! :grouphug:

Awe, Tammie :hug::hug::hug: I think what you are feeling so sooo absolutely normal. It is the day after Christmas and the presents are all open and there is a mess to clean up and you wonder if anyone really appreciated anything they got...right? At least that is what I equate it to. I had to think about the trip long and hard before starting my TR. At first I thought that my family was totally not into it.. that I wasted my time. Then when I talked to dh a bit.. I learned it was his favorite time. He LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!!!! it. I then began to really take myself out of the picture and realize how nice everything was. Just because they didn't all jump eagerly out of bed with me...and feel that OOOOOOh, AHHHH every time we entered a park or and area for the first time didn't mean they didn't like it. I think it was me...hoping for extreme reactions. I mean...didn't they know how long and hard I had planned for the "perfect" vacation? (does this sound at all familiar? ;))

2 weeks is a long time and you did travel with a teen. (trust me I know how much of a downer they can be) Give yourself a couple days to get back into reality and then reflect on the trip as a whole...and then focus on little moments. In the end, there are sure to be a moment here or there where the magic just wasn't flowing... but over all?

And as it has been mentioned... a lot of the fun is in the planning ...the anticipation of the trip. I think what also changed my mood was the thought I would go back and next time I wouldn't take xyz for granted or I would make sure to do x or y or z. See... no regrets now since I "know" I will do it right next time. ;)

hang in there... and LOTS of :hug:

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter