2 days at MK, party of 9... what you pick for FP?

hcox31

DIS Veteran
We're spending 2 days in August at MK prior to our cruise. What would be on your top FP picks? Assuming we do one side of the park one day, and the other the next.

Party of 9, 6 adults, 3 kids ages 4,4 and 9

Do all the kids like coasters? Are they tall enough to ride everything at the park? Are meeting characters (princesses, Tink, Mickey) important? Will you be planning to rope drop either day?

Generally, good choices for FP would be SDMT, any of the mountains, Peter Pan's flight, either of the princess meet & greets, meeting Mickey

The girls like princesses, and we all love characters but we will be meeting them for sure on the cruise. Far less line ups for those on the cruise :P

Rope drop probably both days, going back to resort for lunch/swim/naps, then returning in evening. Big kid is leery of coasters, but I'll be trying to persuade him to go on at least one. ;)

Ok, taking out character meets for FP, if your plan is to split MK into two "halves" for your two days, I'd probably suggest:

One of the days: FP for SDMT, Peter Pan's Flight (unless you want to do that at rope drop), and Buzz Lightyear or Tomorrowland Speedway based on your kids' interest
The other day: FP for Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion or Pirates based on your kids' interest

You can focus on the other Fantasyland rides of interest at rope drop with shorter waits, then the other day start your morning in Liberty Square or Adventureland

My girls loved Enchanted Tales with Belle when we went 4 years ago (they were almost 4 and almost 6 years old at the time); we are going back four year later and they can't wait to do that again ;-) . I'd probably do that instead of Buzz/Speedway. (Also, having followed the FP availability, it seems that Buzz is feasible to get as a 4th fastpass. (It's not really in the same category as a meet for us.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter