2 Disney Employee's Arrested In a Child Predator Sting.

I still never really understand why they include information about the fact that 1 of the people arrested in a sting like this is a Disney employee! It has absolutely nothing to do with the case itself nor was any part of the sting or other events related to it ever I'm just a property. Seems like the news media just puts the word Disney into articles like this to get people to read the story. I'm very surprised that Disney lawyers don't put cease-and-desist orders against the media republishing things like this. You never see them publish any other corporation as where the perpetrators are employees.

I still never really understand why they include information about the fact that 1 of the people arrested in a sting like this is a Disney employee! It has absolutely nothing to do with the case itself nor was any part of the sting or other events related to it ever I'm just a property. Seems like the news media just puts the word Disney into articles like this to get people to read the story. I'm very surprised that Disney lawyers don't put cease-and-desist orders against the media republishing things like this. You never see them publish any other corporation as where the perpetrators are employees.
They posted where everyone works, not just the Disney employee.

One guy works at the Boathouse restaurant which is not Disney owned or operated, he's not a Disney CM.
I did a search of the second person on the Disney CM internal directory which lists all CMs working at WDW and nothing came up. It could be an incorrect name or he's already been terminated.

Off topic, but what I noticed in the article is that several of them already had previous arrests for similar behavior. Sorry... NO child or sexual predator deserves a second chance. It's been proven over and over again they are at extreme risk of repeat offenses. First offense deserves life in prison.

I don't see how Disney can stop the media from printing facts. The men were arrested. They did/do work for Disney.

I agree with the pp it's like they put that the person was a Disney employee to make Disney look back or grab attention. When these men are caught and they are a Target employee that's never in the headline.

I agree with the pp it's like they put that the person was a Disney employee to make Disney look back or grab attention. When these men are caught and they are a Target employee that's never in the headline.
Target isn't a kid-focused business. It's like when an educator is charged of the same. It's worse when it's those who have easy daily access to kids. Pretty simple really.

My quote button isn't working but to the above poster ^^ there are just are plenty of kids in Walmart or Target too so that thought process doesn't work for me.

Target isn't a kid-focused business. It's like when an educator is charged of the same. It's worse when it's those who have easy daily access to kids. Pretty simple really.

My quote button isn't working but to the above poster ^^ there are just are plenty of kids in Walmart or Target too so that thought process doesn't work for me.

A Target or Wal-mart employee doesn't have the same kind of access and influence on children as a school employee or Disney employee usually does.
You can bet if there was anything else known that tied the person into a child-centered company, a school, a religious organization, or an extracurricular (coached soccer, Boy Scout leader) that would also be in the headline.

And I am sure Disney is OFTEN used in headlines to draw readers when it may not really relate at all.
If it is true, though, Disney can't do anything about it.

Sensationalism.

2 Men Arrested in Child Predator Sting - oh, that's awful!! Next....

2 Disney Employees Arrested in Child Predator Sting - Oh My God!! There's a Lot of children at Disney!! This is crazy!! I want to read the story!!

It's attention grabbing.

If you can’t see the difference, I don’t know how to help you with that.

Wow..Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean you need to be salty in your opinions.

To me it's just about grabbing attention and sensationalism in our news reporting..But that's okay for us to defer in opinions - I'm cool with that...Checking out of this conversation.

Wow..Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean you need to be salty in your opinions.

To me it's just about grabbing attention and sensationalism in our news reporting..But that's okay for us to defer in opinions - I'm cool with that...Checking out of this conversation.
To be fair, you seemed a bit salty in your response first. Basically, you can pretty much equate Disney employee to Day Care worker when it comes to a headline like this. Disney is geared towards children, Target is not.

I wasn’t being salty. I merely think you do see the difference here. I don’t know if Disney employees require a vulnerable sector check, but they should. Target not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter