2 DVC cruises for 2019!

Will definitely try for Pacific Coast one!
Good luck! The timing of these make them impossible for us, so I don't have to stress about the $$. It's much easier to be missing the 2019 ones when we're still planning for the 2018!!

Good luck! The timing of these make them impossible for us, so I don't have to stress about the $$. It's much easier to be missing the 2019 ones when we're still planning for the 2018!!
Looking forward to an in person meet!

OK, i have a question. I would love to do the west coast cruise. Can I do one person on DVC points and one person on cash? I know if I rent my points that would be better but not interested in the stress of renting. I was already planning a DVC vacation next May but instead maybe I'll do the MC with the points. Than we'll stay several extra days and visit Vancouver.

Not interested in cruising in October, nervous about storms during that time of year.

OK, i have a question. I would love to do the west coast cruise. Can I do one person on DVC points and one person on cash? I know if I rent my points that would be better but not interested in the stress of renting. I was already planning a DVC vacation next May but instead maybe I'll do the MC with the points. Than we'll stay several extra days and visit Vancouver.

Not interested in cruising in October, nervous about storms during that time of year.
You can do one person cash, one person points.

Thanks bobbi, My husband just shot me down, says it cost to much, so I guess another MC I'll be missing. He never says yes to any Disney cruises, too much money.

The price on these is absolutely insane. DCL prices are incredibly high already-then to add 2000 on top of that. Wow.

Thought I read that for these, you could do all cash. No points required. You still have to be qualified for Membership Extras though.

ETA: It's in the Know Before You Go Section on the website.

Thought I read that for these, you could do all cash. No points required. You still have to be qualified for Membership Extras though.

ETA: It's in the Know Before You Go Section on the website.

Yes. You can do all cash if eligible. Some like to book cash and points.

The price on these is absolutely insane. DCL prices are incredibly high already-then to add 2000 on top of that. Wow.

Seems that DVC takes advantage of DVC owners and charges them a premium since their ownership may prove that they have deep pockets. Sad really.

:earsboy: Bill

i guess the thing that gets me is we already paid disney a lot to be members....and i understand they cant lose money but they should try and break even on the cruise or lose a little bit but this is not a memeber extra well extra cash HAHAHA....funny they are doing 2 of these but still have not announced any special AP or ticket offers please give us stuff we all really want!

i guess the thing that gets me is we already paid disney a lot to be members....and i understand they cant lose money but they should try and break even on the cruise or lose a little bit but this is not a memeber extra well extra cash HAHAHA....funny they are doing 2 of these but still have not announced any special AP or ticket offers please give us stuff we all really want!
Doing my best @disneynutz impression. Ahem.

Disney doesn't do these things to be nice. The Member Cruises are to make them more money. Ask yourself, what's in it for the Mouse? If they're not going to make more money by doing it, they won't.

:earsboy:

In all seriousness, they're a giant, publicly-traded corporation beholden to their shareholders. As qualified members, the best we can do is take advantage of things we can that are in place solely to generate more DVC sales. The fewer expectations you have from a magnanimous Mouse, the less likely you are to be disappointed.

It is an experience you pay for like D23 events, Party for the Senses, dessert parties and so on. I have heard Joe Rohde speak in person, seen the China Nature film 6 month’s before it opened, saw some pre cut scenes of Coco, listened to Moana and Miguel talk and thoroughly enjoyed Broadway Singers shows. These things are worth paying for or not.

DCL offers their activities, DVC offers theirs, your days can be very full!! Gratuities for stateroom and wait staff are included in charters. I asked MS if that would be the case, and was told not all particulars have been decided.

Tom and I will try to book the West Coast Cruise. I love that it stops in Victoria! We have already booked a Princess Cruise and land excursion to Alaska that leaves Vancouver 2 days after the DVC cruise ends. So we are heading west next year DVC Member Cruise or not! We want to see Denali in person, or just the cloud cover, we understand clear days are rare.

Bobbi:)

Last edited:
@HookdonWDW I had the same thought! We could totally drive to NYC to debark; however, the stop in Boston is less appealing - we're from MA already - we've seen enough of Boston :)

Feeling similarly... leaving from NYC means I wouldn't even have to drive, which is super convenient. But I've already been to Boston a million times :-)

@HookdonWDW I had the same thought! We could totally drive to NYC to debark; however, the stop in Boston is less appealing - we're from MA already - we've seen enough of Boston :)
Feeling similarly... leaving from NYC means I wouldn't even have to drive, which is super convenient. But I've already been to Boston a million times :-)
Living in San Diego for 40+ years ... I never seem to tire of boarding a cruise ship from our home port. San Francisco, Victoria and Vancouver ... sure, been to each many times (Victoria and Vancouver yet again this month) ... but nobody says you must get off the ship, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!