2 ECVs, Taxis and Disney World transportation

KatieS98

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
So, me and my family are going to Disney world at the end of this month.
However, we will have 2 ECVs, and 2 wheelchairs in our party, as me and my mum have long term illnesses and my grandparents need to get around too and they can't without assistance.
I may be asking for the impossible here, but do any taxi services have room for 2 ECVs? We'd have 6 people total, 2 in ECVs, 2 with fold able wheelchairs and 2 able bodied.
We were hoping for a taxi now and again to avoid Disney buses and the inevitable sighs from the lines, however 2 taxis is going to be super expensive. So I was hoping to find a company able to hold 2 ECVs.
Thanks for any help you're able to give :)
-Katie

That would be it, though. No taxi I'm aware of has room for more than one ECV. Your other option would be two cabs for each trip, as my recollection of the Heads accessible vans is that there's enough room in the accessible area for the ECV and a folder wheelchair.

SueM, one of our moderators, posted this on another thread:

There is a dedicated bus that group with multiple wheelchairs/ECVs can use by request. I don’t remember how many it holds, but it was for groups traveling together with 3 or more mobility devices.

I suggest you contact Disney directly and ask about this.

I believe I read there is a larger accessible Minnie Van that can take 2 ECVs. I’ll try to dig up that info.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks very much :)

That would be it, though. No taxi I'm aware of has room for more than one ECV. Your other option would be two cabs for each trip, as my recollection of the Heads accessible vans is that there's enough room in the accessible area for the ECV and a folder wheelchair.

That's what I'm afraid of! It would be super expensive every time we wanted to go out though. Fingers crossed Disney has some magic hidden somewhere.

SueM, one of our moderators, posted this on another thread:

I suggest you contact Disney directly and ask about this.

Thanks! I emailed them already, as I saw the main post about this and read this part:

SPECIAL SITUATIONS:
Two or more guests in a party using mobility devices who need wheelchair spots

Contact Guest Relations, or a Bus Supervisor, or ANY bus driver, and ask for one of the "Special Services Buses".
- two buses reserved for larger parties, with multiple wheelchairs.
- each bus has FIVE wheelchair stations, and plenty of seating.
- especially helpful for groups visiting from schools for the disAbled
- there is no charge to use these buses
These buses can usually arrive within 20 minutes of being requested and will take you and your party wherever you need to go. You are much better off making your request well in advance--a driver is not assigned to one of these buses until its needed. You may make arrangements, if needed, with your driver for future pickups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!