2 hrs of sleep, early park arrival, ROTR down all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

KdKyA

Mouseketeer
My husband and son are doing a trip together. They flew in at 1 am, ME wasn't going to have a bus so thankfully Disney paid for a cab for them to get to the hotel. They get to the hotel around 3, get 2 hours of sleep so they could get a boarding group. They arrived at the park at 6:30 and after a glitch in the app got boarding group 75. The ride was working until group 26, then went down for an hour. Then up and running and got up to 36, and now they have been down for 3 hours. I understand rides go down, but all day? This is crazy. Such a waste of time.

BG 75 means being called back around noon (best case scenario). They could've easily gone back to the hotel and slept for a few more hours.

BG 75 means being called back around noon (best case scenario). They could've easily gone back to the hotel and slept for a few more hours.
They had Oga reservations and Light Sabers. The fact that Disney has been having this problem repeatedly is crazy. I get that rides have problems, but this seems to happen almost every day.

They had Oga reservations and Light Sabers. The fact that Disney has been having this problem repeatedly is crazy. I get that rides have problems, but this seems to happen almost every day.
Test Track STILL goes down on a regular basis. It was down at some point every day of our trip last month. Same for Hagrid's.

After having ridden RotR it is easy to see how it can go down. A TON of "moving parts".

Their day isn't wasted. They can go back to their hotel and sleep until their group is called, at which time they have TWO HOURS to get back to the park to ride.

well, if you have been following the process, as your reference to 'repeatedly' infers, than they should have had the expectations that they were likely to encounter some type of down time. However, with little exception, the ride seems to go down early (8 - 8:30) on many days, but as the chart on page 1 shows, there has only been one or two days that they have not accommodated all boarding groups. This is still in a 'soft' opening, which is why they have the BG process. Until they have it going at full capacity, they will continue to have down time and kinks. (see Hagrids - open since summer and still having some issues).

Last edited:
Test Track STILL goes down on a regular basis. It was down at some point every day of our trip last month. Same for Hagrid's.

After having ridden RotR it is easy to see how it can go down. A TON of "moving parts".

Their day isn't wasted. They can go back to their hotel and sleep until their group is called, at which time they have TWO HOURS to get back to the park to ride.
I don't mean their day was wasted, but to be there so early after such little sleep was a waste. I understand that it has a lot of moving parts and those have issues, just seems crazy to me with such a big to do ride, that it would have this many issues.

I don't mean their day was wasted, but to be there so early after such little sleep was a waste. I understand that it has a lot of moving parts and those have issues, just seems crazy to me with such a big to do ride, that it would have this many issues.

They had to be there early to get a boarding group. Definitely not time wasted.

The ride is incredibly complex. Until you ride it, you just can't comprehend it. Im surprised it works as well as it does.

As someone who just did it (RotR) and who also did the EMH for Smugglers Run in October....I can say it is a LOT of work for some silly ride. Smugglers Run was fun but so much like the old Star Tours. I was meh about it. And then RotR was really dumb to me. Admittedly I am lukewarm on Star Wars in general. Anyway, a lot of work and sucks the fun right out of a vacation. The RotR day we had also arrived to WDW the night before after driving from 9.5 hours away. Got up after like 4 hours sleep. And were with friends who only wanted to do 1 WDW park day and hit 3 parks. So we went until Epcot closed. Tired tired tired. Took a couple days to recoup. Oh and if you want to see Oga's, while also having to be there at 6:30am to get boarding pass, then you are at a bar at like 10am. All just my opinion.

they will likely get on it at some point today, so I don't think the effort was completely wasted, and they had other things to do anyway.

There is s till a good chance they will ride today and if they don't they'll get a fastpass they can use tomorrow. So in no way was getting up early a waste.

There is s till a good chance they will ride today and if they don't they'll get a fastpass they can use tomorrow. So in no way was getting up early a waste.
They are only there for one day before their cruise tomorrow :(

I'm so sorry this happened today! Flexibility is the the name of the game for this ride, but I'm sure they are disappointed.

I've been out all day and just got back, this topic should've been discussed in the BG thread. Closing this one, any further discussion on BG and delays should be done there. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!