2 ressies, 2 contracts, one room?

jerseyduke

Home is just where you stay when not at WDW
I currently have 2 reservations, 1 3 day at Boulder Ridge, then the following 5 days at grand Floridian. Each ressie is booked at the resort with its home points (my 3 day BR was booked with BR points at 11 months, the GF with GF points at 11 months). It is 2 separate contacts (obviously), 2 different use years, both titles the same.

My plan was as the 7 month window opens to try and switch the first 3 days to either Boardwalk or Beach Club, then the last 5 days to the Poly. Problem is, currently, the Poly does not have the very last day available, and I do not want to switch again, so I was thinking, to keep the total point usage the same, do the first 5 days at the poly, then the last 3 days at either BC or Boardwalk.

Problem is, to do this, I would have to switch the first 3 days to the poly, then 3 days later, try and switch the next 2.

I am ok with all of this, but, if it were to work out, I would have a 3 day ressie at the poly with contract A (Boulder Ridge Points), then a 2 day with GF points. Would member services be able to link these, or whatever, so I do not have to move? Or at least, IN ALL LIKELIHOOD not have to move? Obviously both poly reservations would be the same view type.

TIA

Yes, member services can link the reservations. It doesn't matter how they were "paid" for; contract, rented or cash.

even if they don't eventually link them, as long as you notify the front desk AHEAD of time that you have a continuing reservation, they will make best efforts to not have you move. I book single consecutive nights quite often (for dining plan purposes) and even though they are all different reservations, I have never had to move. I've done this 5 or 6 times now. Obviously, it's not fool proof and there is a risk, but I think the risk is rather low. I also check-in the first day at the front desk and confirm with that person that I am not switching rooms.

They can’t link the, but what they can do is put a note that is a continuous reservation from the first reservation and list the reservation number. When you check in, be sure to mention it to the, so they can ensure you are slated for the same room. I have done this before and did not have an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter