2 Savanna Studios or 2BR STD

River Country

15hours49Minutes away without traffic
Ok here is my dilemma for my august trip.

there are 5 of us going and i have 255 points that i need to use this year so its me, DW and DD(7) DM(63) DD(66). We need 2 bathrooms so a 1BR is out.

Points wise OKW is the least amount of points for 2 studios at 99pts each for the week. BTW i love OKW and Olivia's

HOWEVER my DD is in love with animals and if we stay at AKV we would get Savanna View for 246 pts total for 2 studios. Is it worth it to stay at AKV and not get a Savanna View? The 2BR is 255pts for std view.

Any thoughts

kidani 1BRs do have 2 bathrooms...but for that group, i'd probably go with a standard AKV 2BR. plenty of viewing areas around the resort for animals (and you might even luck into an obstructed savanna view room classified as a standard).

Ok here is my dilemma for my august trip.

there are 5 of us going and i have 255 points that i need to use this year so its me, DW and DD(7) DM(63) DD(66). We need 2 bathrooms so a 1BR is out.

Points wise OKW is the least amount of points for 2 studios at 99pts each for the week. BTW i love OKW and Olivia's

HOWEVER my DD is in love with animals and if we stay at AKV we would get Savanna View for 246 pts total for 2 studios. Is it worth it to stay at AKV and not get a Savanna View? The 2BR is 255pts for std view.

Any thoughts

You can buy up to 24 one time use points from DVC as long as you are seven months out.

I wouldn't book AKV unless I booked savanna view. That's why I go to AKV/AKL.

I am of the opinion that not all savannah views are equal. You may or may not have a good view with lots of animals. The first time we stayed at AK was back in the first year that the resort opened - before it was also DVC. We paid extra for a "deluxe savannah view". Had the walk from you know where AND had zero animals the whole week. It was a real pisser. We don't spend THAT much time in the room so we wouldn't do it again - esp. on our precious points. There are lots of viewing areas around the resort where you can view the animals. I'd go for the 2 bedroom unless I was seeking some privacy - then the studios would be OK. We usually book std. view studios and prefer Jambo House to Kidani.

I would for sure pick a 2 bedroom over 2 studios because a 2 bedroom gives you a family room and kitchen area plus 2 bedrooms....all you get with 2 studios is 2 bedrooms. That extra space is soooo worth it!!! Good luck in your planning!!:thumbsup2

does your DM or DD try to interfer with you, DS or kids?

if yes then do with the separate studios.

if no, then do with the standard 2-bedroom.

with DVC some rooms at AKL said were savannah views are now on the standard list. and definitely saw some animals - the problem it is near where the animals were enclosed and not a pretty view.

If you like your privacy, bet two studios. If sharing space is not an issue, then a 2 bedroom is nice because of the living area. We love AKV, love having the animals right outside our room but you have to keep in mind that they aren't out in the Savannah all day. We spend quite a bit of time in our room so we always see animals, but if you're in the parks all day...you may see very few.

Regardless, if you do decide to stay at AKV - Kidani then request the Sunset Savannnah, much better view of animals.

If you do stay at AKV, be sure you check out their daily classes/events. There's a lot going on there. DD is the perfect age for AKV. Kidani has a wonderful pool and splash area that kids LOVE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter