2 Simple Questions for the Experts

jbusch

Earning My Ears
We are sailing on the Jan 26th Magic and as I am starting to pack, I came up with a couple questions:

1. We are planning to go to Dawn Beach on St Maarten, Coki Beach on St Thomas, and of course, Castaway Cay. The question is "do we really need water shoes for these beaches or are they nice and sandy so we don't have to pack them and can just go barefoot"? Our suitcases are filling up rapidly even though I am packing as light as humanly possible.

2. Could someone describe the coolers in the staterooms? I would specifically like to know the size and how much pop, beer, juice they hold. I had planned on taking a folding soft-sided cooler to put on the closet floor and possibly take to the beaches but if we can get refreshments on the beach and the stateroom cooler will suffice, my suitcase may get a little lighter. What are your thoughts on bringing it?

Thanks for any input or advise!!

Jodi

We were on the 12-8 Magic and I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

1.) I didn't go to those other beaches, but for Castaway Cay in January you will not need water shoes.

2.) You can squeeze about 10-12 cans of soda/beer in those fridges. The drinks are then quite cold by the next day. DW brought along a soft sided cooler, but we never used it. I brought a 12 pack and only drank 2. There's just so much other stuff going on on the ship (I can't wait to try the Western Itinerary), and so many other drinks to try, that I never really saw the need for my beer. Next time I'll only bring water for the cooler, and that's just because I need water next to the bed when I'm sleeping.

BTW, a tip on the mixed drinks on board. Try to stick to the specials. They have a different one every day and are much cheaper and you'll end up sampling a good variety of Caribbean drinks.

Hope this helped.

You should bring water shoes to any beach where you expect to encounter reef formations. This certainly applies to Dawn Beach and Coki Beach.

I would also add that water shoes are a good idea on Castaway Cay if you plan on going to the adult beach. I'm not sure if it was just the area where we were or if it's the entire beach, but the bottom was rough enough that I felt like I had to tread lightly. And it did hurt my feet.

Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter