2 things from my DVC tour, including price increase

xjuax

Earning My Ears
Hey all, I took a DVC tour over the weekend to get some info that I may not have already had, I got 2 things to share:

1. The direct prices are going to increase to $210 per point, he didn't say when, I'm sure it was a bit of a scare tactic to get me to buy, but that's quite the jump. (Sorry if this has already been shared, hopefully it's new info to someone.) Definitely gives another benefit to buying resale.

2. I've heard many times about the person giving the tour wouldn't pressure into making a purchase, that was not the case with me. He very much was acting like a car salesman, he said multiple times "what do I need to do to get you in?" I told him flat out multiple times that I wasn't signing anything, and when I said I needed to discuss with my partner he said "do you want me to call them?" Which is very skeevy to me.

Anyway, definitely still interested in DVC and leaning even MORE into resale than I already was after this tour.

Hey all, I took a DVC tour over the weekend to get some info that I may not have already had, I got 2 things to share:

1. The direct prices are going to increase to $210 per point, he didn't say when, I'm sure it was a bit of a scare tactic to get me to buy, but that's quite the jump. (Sorry if this has already been shared, hopefully it's new info to someone.) Definitely gives another benefit to buying resale.

2. I've heard many times about the person giving the tour wouldn't pressure into making a purchase, that was not the case with me. He very much was acting like a car salesman, he said multiple times "what do I need to do to get you in?" I told him flat out multiple times that I wasn't signing anything, and when I said I needed to discuss with my partner he said "do you want me to call them?" Which is very skeevy to me.

Anyway, definitely still interested in DVC and leaning even MORE into resale than I already was after this tour.
Probably not the best guide. The only verified price increase is for Copper Creek going to 210. The reputable guides have been indicating an increase might be possible, but have been saying 2 things: 1) the price increase would be announced with some time to make a decision and 2) the incentives are definitely dropping at the end of this month (I believe the new incentives are already available to the guides).

I would speak to that guide's leader if you desire to look more into direct purchasing and explain your concerns. Usually they can assign you to a much better guide and hopefully rectify the situation.

Nice of him to push you towards saving money with resale . :D

I too believe that's only CCV that will take that big jump but that may be where you're looking to buy.

Direct price for what resort? Riviera or Copper Creek?
Right now, they list only one direct price for all 3 of the resorts they're selling. I would think that's by design, and done for a good reason.

Unless they want to never finish selling CCV, why would they raise just CCV?

I talked to my guide this morning about RIV. He indicated that a price increase is coming on May 30th. He didn't indicate if this date was for a hard (PPP increase) or maybe soft price (Incentive discount change) hence an increase. He thought that since CCV was a hard increase already announced this would be the date for all hard increases. He didn't say if RIV would be apart of this hard increase or not. My guide at the end sounded a little annoyed at my detailed questions. Maybe I just need a spray of more pixie dust and just give him my credit card, lol.

Right now, they list only one direct price for all 3 of the resorts they're selling. I would think that's by design, and done for a good reason.

They are raising CCV, because it will be sold out when the price increase hits. The price CCV is being brought too is considered the "sold out" price. It is meant to discourage people from wanting to buy sold out resorts vs the active resorts. So even if Riviera increased it would certainly be much less than CCV, else they could have people requesting CCV still if the margin is close.

CCV is almost sold out. When they consider it "sold out" is when they will increase the price for it. Currently there is no definite date that will happen although typically they'll give a little heads up to get that last rush on it.

That is crazy,I've never herd of a guide being that pushy, do you remember his name?

CCV is almost sold out. When they consider it "sold out" is when they will increase the price for it. Currently there is no definite date that will happen although typically they'll give a little heads up to get that last rush on it.

I actually have the email from DVC still about the price increase. This is a quote from the email.

"Act fast! The cost per Vacation Point at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge is projected to increase from $188 to $210 on June 1, 2019, or before.*”

$210 is the sold out price for CCV. The question is will RIV hard price also increase on May 30th.

“What do I need to do to get you to sign today” sounds like you can negotiate or is it just me? I wish I could get someone that desperate give me a cruise or free annual passes and I might sign today is what I would have said lol.

“What do I need to do to get you to sign today” sounds like you can negotiate or is it just me? I wish I could get someone that desperate give me a cruise or free annual passes and I might sign today is what I would have said lol.

Except they don't do that. He's almost certainly from a different system and still saying the same things even if there's nothing behind it. Some will make standard things sound like they're special too. Or that the offer is only good that day or if you sign before leaving. Doesn't mean it's true though.

Except they don't do that. He's almost certainly from a different system and still saying the same things even if there's nothing behind it. Some will make standard things sound like they're special too. Or that the offer is only good that day or if you sign before leaving. Doesn't mean it's true though.

Believe me I get that but it would back track him real quick and let you get out of there. My guess is he tried to withhold the extra points that are standard or maybe help with a priority welcome home booking which is also standard for first time direct buyers. It’s just funny this guide would say that because honestly they can’t do anything of substance, total sleeze move.

10 years worth of tickets would have done it for me......:)

$210 is the sold out price for CCV. The question is will RIV hard price also increase on May 30th.

I'll take that one. :)

No, the base price will not change. It's an annual increase. The discount may be modified based on initial sales, but the price will still be $188.

Soon, we'll find out if I'm right again. :D Really, though, that's been how it's worked from the beginning; I don't expect that to change.

By resale for your first set of points. But if you also buy Riviera, you won't be able to use those resale points to book there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter