2 weeks to go... a few last minute tips needed - Breakfast, trip into Paris etc

All_things_disney_brit

Earning My Ears
Were heading to Disneyland Paris to celebrate our engagement In September for 4 days/3 nights (mid week) during the Lion King & Jungle Book Festival. Its over 10 years since I last went to DLP so could do with a few tips to make the most of it. Were getting the Hull to Zeebrugge Ferry and then driving to DLP staying at the Cheyenne.
We love everything Disney and the parks, were thinking of counter service during the day mostly to maximise our time, maybe throwing in a couple of table service meals later on a night (were not on a dining plan). Main thing for us is meeting characters, taking photos and riding rides

Does anyone have any additional tips for us?

1. We dont have a meal plan but are usually more quick bites to eat/snacks to maximise our time. We will be doing the EMT so were thinking of grabbing a croissant etc on the go, is starbucks a good option for this or would we be better using a local hypermarket and stocking up? (if there are any nearby)

2. As were there for 3 nights and the park will be on 9pm closing, we were thinking of heading into Paris one night to see a few sights. Are we better off jumping on the train or booking a tour?

3. Are there any tips or things you can recommend for us to celebrate our engagement?

Starbucks, McDonalds and Earl of Sandwich are all good places to buy a quick breakfast, although I think only Starbucks is open early enough for EMT. There is a Starbucks in Cheyenne. Main street bakery is also good and there are a few little places in the Studios. There are also some places in the station that are a little cheaper than Disney prices. If you have time then go to the Auchan supermarket in Val D'Europe - its a 5 min drive or train ride away.

Jumping on the train is very easy and a lot cheaper than a tour. It takes 45ish mins depending where you are going and costs around 15 euro return or 18 euro for a day travel card (mobilis).

Not sure about celebration - depends what you like. California Grill is fine dining at around 100 euros per head or they do a sparkling experience for around 200 euros per head. Inventions character dinner in the Disneyland Hotel looks out over Disneyland and is around 70 euros per head. Walts is a bit more special too. You would probably have to book a reservation ASAP for all of those if they aren't already full.

If you want to maximize your time, I wouldn't do fine dining because it takes hours. I think the trip itself is already a celebration. You are doing something special and something you love. What more do you need :) Maybe just go to the Fantasia Bar in the Disneyland Hotel for drinks as a midday break.

At Cafe Brousse, opposite Hakuna Matata Restaurant, get the chicken bites to snack on. The portions are very good and could count as a lunch (in my book). I''m not a fan of Starbucks, I usually get something at the Market House on Main Street, or get a snack somewhere and then have an early lunch. If you have a car available, go to Val D'Europe, there is a big supermarket in the mall.

I would go by train, it is so easy to get around, and you are not bound to the times of the tour. If you want to go earlier, leave earlier, want to stay longer at a certain location, you can do that when you are on your own.

That's great :) thank you so much for all your help. were really excited!! Looking forward to getting back to DLP after our last couple of trips have been WDW

Not sure you know, but at DLP you can find character at M&Gs in the hotels during the morning. You do not have to be a guest of that hotel to participate. Usually the character is one of the fabulous five. If you're staying at the Cheyenne, you could go through the New Port Bay Club and the Disneyland Hotel before you go to the park, and have some extra pictures.

(As always at DLP, do not forget your camera, as PhotoPass photographers will for some reasons never been there when you need them.)

Not sure you know, but at DLP you can find character at M&Gs in the hotels during the morning. You do not have to be a guest of that hotel to participate. Usually the character is one of the fabulous five. If you're staying at the Cheyenne, you could go through the New Port Bay Club and the Disneyland Hotel before you go to the park, and have some extra pictures.

(As always at DLP, do not forget your camera, as PhotoPass photographers will for some reasons never been there when you need them.)

I didn't know that... Thank you that's a really big help :) I've got the camera packed and ready to go. I'm really really wanting to meet Marie (absolute favourite)!! I know at some parks shes rare and last time I went to DLP she wasnt there as M&G but I've seen a few people online meeting her this week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can find her!

Thanks for all the advise :)

Then you are in luck, because the last 2 or 3 days Marie has been meeting (next to the Old Mill / Princess Pavillion). There also have been some other unusual sightings, like Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh, Horace and Clarabella, and Frollo who is usually only out for Halloween. So my guess is they are giving some extra training sessions to prepare for the Character AP-holder night and Halloween.

Then you are in luck, because the last 2 or 3 days Marie has been meeting (next to the Old Mill / Princess Pavillion). There also have been some other unusual sightings, like Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh, Horace and Clarabella, and Frollo who is usually only out for Halloween. So my guess is they are giving some extra training sessions to prepare for the Character AP-holder night and Halloween.

That's fantastic news!! Thank you :)

I didn't know that... Thank you that's a really big help :) I've got the camera packed and ready to go. I'm really really wanting to meet Marie (absolute favourite)!! I know at some parks shes rare and last time I went to DLP she wasnt there as M&G but I've seen a few people online meeting her this week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can find her!

Thanks for all the advise :)
Just seen this message, don’t know where you’re based but thought I’d let you know I got a Marie passport cover (€2) and a Marie luggage tag (€1) in Penney’s today, they’re fab

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!