2 Weeks? Will I get bored?

Shock13

DIS Veteran
Last November I went to WDW and planned for a 9 day relaxing trip but last minute someone joined me and because she'd never been to WDW, we were always on the go as I wanted her to experience everything. In the end I had an okay time and ended up getting sick halfway through. So, I'm entertaining the idea of going for 2 weeks solo (I've done solo before so that is a non-issue). Ideally, I'd like to only visit the parks for 3-5 hours a day and take long leisurely lunches/dinners. I want to relax and explore still lots of things I haven't yet done. I'd be doing this in February 2019 when Epcot has the Festival of the Arts in which I'm super interested in. I'm not a big shopper but definitely want to spend some time at Disney Springs and possibly a water park if it's warm enough. I probably won't be staying on property but totally okay with checking out some of the resorts especially the ones that have the nice restaurants.
So my main worry is...will I be too bored?
I just don't have the energy to get everything done in a week and because of a visual impairment I can't tour the parks at night so I feel like 2 weeks gives me that breathing room and truly enjoy a relaxing vacation. But of course taking off 2 weeks is quite the commitment especially for an American! I guess I don't want to regret the decision.
Just any advice, suggestions, warnings would be great. I know I've got time on this but it's been on my mind for a while now. Thank you! :)

I just recently returned from a 2 week solo trip. I had a fantastic time and will certainly be doing the same thing again when I can afford it.

If you're anything like me there might be the odd occasion when you find yourself thinking "ok then, so...what now?" but whenever this happened I just reminded myself that it's ok to have that space to be able to take in the little details or just wander at your own pace. How much of that translates to boredom is going to depend on you, but for me just being in WDW was enough to take away any any elements of boredom. I will say that I'm am avid photographer, so I also often defaulted to taking photographs whenever I had extra time spare.

If it helps too I started this thread while I was there about my experiences travelling to WDW solo https://www.disboards.com/threads/im-at-wdw-solo-right-now-heres-what-im-learning.3669335/

Thank you for this! I read through your post and replies and there is some really great suggestions and advice. I understand that everyone is different but we have some similarities with our touring style. This will be my 7th visit to WDW but there is still plenty I haven not seen or experienced. Plus there is going to be a whole new land to explore at DHS.

So my main worry is...will I be too bored?
I don't know you and (as you point out) everyone is different. I wouldn't get bored on a two week trip to the World.
My 7th trip is coming up in Sept. 7 days. My first was 10 days. My last three were 5 and 4 - not enough time. I'm planning a 10 day in January.

You don't seem the type that needs to be moving every moment ("take long leisurely lunches/dinners") so a full day of simply relaxing at your resort might be something you would not find boring. Sounds like you have a lot you want to do. Do you need more suggestions?

If you get tired of Disney you have SeaWorld and Universal, too.

I would do some of the special tours Disney offers.

Disney's Imagineer's lunch is a must do. I like the Hollywood Derby one.

Take advantage of the Disney street live entertainment like DeVine in AK.

Do some Disney meet and greets.

Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian is fun.

Have fun taking a lot of pictures.

Last edited:
I have been to WDW more than 25 times, I have a ten day solo trip booked for October. It is my INTENTION to slow down a bit and take in some of the quieter aspects of touring. I purchased an 8 day hopper ticket that will ensure that I do the other non park activities that I always say that I will, but opt to go to a park at the last minute. Two weeks - Nirvana. Have a great time.

Dawn

HI
All my trips to florida were always 7 or 8 days. After each one, I would say that it is not long enough and needs to be 2 weeks. I finally did a 2 week trip. By day 12 I was ready to go home. So now I plan 11 day trips.

I can't speak as a solo traveller but me and dh always spend 2 weeks at wdw to make travelling from the UK worthwhile. We normally allow for 2 days in each park and do visit the waterparks but when we're tired or it's too hot we have the flexibility to go have a break at the pool. We usually have a couple of days at universal but this year will be the first year we don't so we might visit one of the outlet malls or spend a whole day at Disney springs instead. We've never found ourselves struggling for things to do, we normally have a nose around other resorts or go to the boardwalk as other non park options

If you get tired of Disney you have SeaWorld and Universal, too.

I would do some of the special tours Disney offers.

Disney's Imagineer's lunch is a must do. I like the Hollywood Derby one.

Take advantage of the Disney street live entertainment like DeVine in AK.

Do some Disney meet and greets.

Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian is fun.

Have fun taking nt a lot of pictures.

Totally agree with all of these suggestions! I did Keys to the Kingdom tour solo and it was so much fun! I actually rode Haunted Mansion with the tour guide and she gave me some extra factoids that I wouldn't have learned otherwise. It was one of the best experiences I have at WDW. Afternoon Tea is an amazing experience, so relaxing and yummy. I haven't done the Imagineers luncheon but I so want to. You wouldn't be alone either, since they have multiple people booked into one lunch - I've heard it's a great experience!

2 weeks would be such a great amount of time. You can take your time through each park, have a chance to thoroughly explore different resorts, and relaxation time in the room without feeling like you're missing out on park/activity time. We'll be going in February 2019 for the festival as well - maybe we'll bump into each other :cutie: Have fun!!

We have done 2 weeks with Disney and never set foot in a park:
2 nights at VB
7 night DCL
5 nights at BCV.

Depending upon what you are into, you can go to WDW and enjoy lots of things outside the parks:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

Have you looked into possible renting a DVC studio? Checkout the DVC board here on the DISBoards, for cost and instructions. You can get a larger room, onsite, for less than a regular hotel room.

I’m sure you can fill out two weeks with different dining experiences alone! I would recommend trying out the Sunday brunch on California grill. The food is amazing and it usually takes up our whole morning. The luau at polynesian is also a fun dining experience.

Disney Springs has more than shopping too! Live music, bowling, movie theater, etc. They also have that new void Star Wars experience which was AWESOME.

One other thing to note is they close the water parks for refurbishment in the winter. They might not be open in February so I would suggest a backup plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!