2 year old that refuses masks at resort

Rct studies conclude that wearing masks do not prevent the spread of Corona virus. Hence, why there's an uptick in cases even when we've been proactively social distancing,mask wearing and quarantine.

Do they ever throw off the hat, shoes, or bib? I know my kids do. So I think that's the issue that many people are having. My youngest loves taking off her shoes and socks in the stroller. And before everyone gets mad at me, yes, we are considering changing our plans for April if she can't wear a mask and 2 year olds are still expected to at all times.

Oh, he does all the time. I sympathize with parents whose kids rip off the mask, and am preparing myself for that battle in 14 months time.

I was responding to the idea that we shouldn't make our babies wear things/do things they don't understand. Because we do that all the time for babies.

Seriously? Forcing a little baby to wear a mask when they don't understand is absurd. My heart broke when my granddaughter said "I need to bweath." I don't care who I upset but the masks we wear have been scientifically proven not to work. Toddlers are also not at high risk. Believe me, I have listened to the scientists and a group of scientists even pleaded on the steps of Washington only to be disregarded. I am getting really sick of this. I know this will be deleted but, I am so tired of children being dragged into our nonsense. Especially when politically charged mandates effect little babies.

Actually, it's been proven that the masks scientifically are the best thing. Read up.

I really didn't intend for this thread to turn into a debate about masks and whether Disney should require them for young children. I wanted to know what our options outside of the park, at the resorts were if part of our family was not willing to keep a mask on.
Regardless of your feelings on the effectiveness of masks, it is a requirement that Disney currently has, and as a parent, I aim to teach my children that we follow the rules, whether or not I agree with them. If you don't plan to go to the parks, or take your children and don't have constructive ideas to help, then there isn't a reason to comment.

Seriously? Forcing a little baby to wear a mask when they don't understand is absurd. My heart broke when my granddaughter said "I need to bweath." I don't care who I upset but the masks we wear have been scientifically proven not to work. Toddlers are also not at high risk. Believe me, I have listened to the scientists and a group of scientists even pleaded on the steps of Washington only to be disregarded. I am getting really sick of this. I know this will be deleted but, I am so tired of children being dragged into our nonsense. Especially when politically charged mandates effect little babies.

It is a worldwide pandemic. And Covid doesn't care what political party you belong to.

Not to mention, I'm not sure what scientists you have heard that say masks don't work. They do what they are meant to do--keep the wearer from spraying the virus around. Are they perfect? Nope. But if we are waiting for a perfect method to control Covid, then we had all better be prepared to stay at home for a long long time.

So my question is... I will be going in 2 weeks and my son will be 23 months. He is kinda tall for his age. On my Disney magic band / reservations I have his birthday 12/14/18. Will they just go by that or do I need proof of age? It was a last minute trip and we are driving down bc not enough time to get a birth certificate
They’ll just ask his age...maybe. Most of the time no one said anything to us. On 2 separate trips, I think we got asked maybe 3 times.

Just want to clarify that little babies do not have to wear masks. Just about everyone agrees that this would be dangerous. The mask requirement is for ages 2 and up. So...toddlers and older.

My son was a mask hater before our trip last week. He recently turned three and moved up to the 3 year old room at daycare where they are supposed to wear masks. He has refused to wear one and the daycare really didn't enforce it. They require that he comes with one, but if he takes it off, they leave it off.

He does love Disney. He has been twice, and while I am not sure if he remembers those trips as the last one was more than a year ago, we are DVC members so our family has been to WDW a lot. His older sisters talk about our Disney trips so he was excited for the trip. We just said, if you want to go to the parks, you have to wear the mask. We told him this a lot before we left. We just kept saying if you don't wear it, they will make us go back to the hotel. He did wear one without too much issue. Now he even wears one at daycare now. The director said, she should send them all to Disney :) We did find that he liked the paper ones better than the fabric ones. By the end of the trip, he even wore the fabric ones. He really liked the Christmas one we bought him at WDW.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter