20 year old first timer

bellarapisarda

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going to WDW for my 21st birthday in March 2021(I know I have a while, but I like to plan) and taking my boyfriend along. He'll be about a week shy of his 21st birthday, and he's never been to Disney World nor had any interest in going. He agreed to go because he knows how important WDW is to me. I know to take him on thrill rides and try to tailor it around his interests, but are there any tips to get him to embrace classic Disney? He didn't grow up watching the movies and is only really a fan of newer IPs. I don't want to smother him with everything I love, but I want him to be genuinely excited and not just excited for my sake.

My family and I are going to WDW for my 21st birthday in March 2021(I know I have a while, but I like to plan) and taking my boyfriend along. He'll be about a week shy of his 21st birthday, and he's never been to Disney World nor had any interest in going. He agreed to go because he knows how important WDW is to me. I know to take him on thrill rides and try to tailor it around his interests, but are there any tips to get him to embrace classic Disney? He didn't grow up watching the movies and is only really a fan of newer IPs. I don't want to smother him with everything I love, but I want him to be genuinely excited and not just excited for my sake.
For my husband, WDW came first. He wasn't interested in Disney. But after we visited WDW he saw the light and now all things Disney has grown on him. And we keep going back to WDW.

I wouldn't worry too much about exposure. He'll know enough just from pop culture and he won't know what hit him after he sees how fun the parks are even if you didn't think you were a Disney fan.

If you have Disney+, watching The Imagineering Story might get him interested on how the parks were created. A lot of stories revolve around older attractions, like the Tiki room, the Caroussel and other classics.

My boyfriend is the same way. We've never been to Disney but our first trip is coming up in January! I get him involved with the planning portion and he found a few things he wants to see so that got him excited. Maybe have a date night in and look up some cool stuff he'd be into and show him?

My son's girlfriend came with us as a first timer last year and had a blast! She was excited about all of it and loved sampling as much as she could of parks, rides, resorts, festivals, food and restaurants, Disney Springs, exploring, etc. Of course, DS is obsessed so it helps to see things through his eyes, too.

I second watching the Imagineering shows on Disney plus, we've been watching them and have learned some new things ourselves, even as veterans. The Disney trip planning videos and books are good, too.

One tip I will add seeing you're going for your 21st, and we had that experience last year with our kids, is to make sure you have a new license that doesn't expire while you're there, as in many places, you will not be served alcohol if you have an expired license. Just fyi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter