20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

does Anyone remember the number to text for the $10 donation that Pete mentioned? I failed to write it down, but want to participate in the power of ten.

Thank you to all who attended our celebration!!! It was a crazy, busy and fun week.

A couple of quick items:

1. We raised over $85,000 for GKTW. I still need to get the change counted and get Kathy Werling's forky money so our final number will go up!!!

2. We have heard from Handbid and they have offered an apology and an explanation of what happened during the end of our auction but we are going to pursue it further with them.

3. I understand there were several issues with the buses. I am very sorry about this. We have been in contact with the bus company and told them how unhappy we are with their service this time. They apologized and said they would investigate further. If you have an experience with the buses you want to share please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will make sure it gets forwarded to them.

4. We had some technical difficulties with recording the live show and we're not sure it will go up on YouTube. Craig is working on it and "fingers-crossed" he will get it resolved.

5. If you were not able to donate to GKTW this week we have worked out a way you can do so with GKTW so it goes to our overall fundraising totals. Just text Dreams20 to 44321 and you will receive a link that takes you to a donation page. From there you can donate any amount you're comfortable with. We're asking you to consider talking to 10 friends to get them to donate $10 each. It's a truly great cause and organization and you will feel good having helped send a child to Walt Disney World.

Thank you to everyone who donated, whether it was an item or money. We couldn't have done it without all of you.

@WebmasterJohn thank you and everyone for a great weekend. @k8Davies and I had a family staying at GKTW behind us in the fp line at slinky and we got to chat with them about the ice cream and told them about the weekend and how much had been raised. It was fun getting to chat with them and the mom was appreciative of what we all do to raise money. It brought it all full circle and was a good way to end the weekend.

Thank you to all who attended our celebration!!! It was a crazy, busy and fun week.

A couple of quick items:

1. We raised over $85,000 for GKTW. I still need to get the change counted and get Kathy Werling's forky money so our final number will go up!!!

2. We have heard from Handbid and they have offered an apology and an explanation of what happened during the end of our auction but we are going to pursue it further with them.

3. I understand there were several issues with the buses. I am very sorry about this. We have been in contact with the bus company and told them how unhappy we are with their service this time. They apologized and said they would investigate further. If you have an experience with the buses you want to share please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will make sure it gets forwarded to them.

4. We had some technical difficulties with recording the live show and we're not sure it will go up on YouTube. Craig is working on it and "fingers-crossed" he will get it resolved.

5. If you were not able to donate to GKTW this week we have worked out a way you can do so with GKTW so it goes to our overall fundraising totals. Just text Dreams20 to 44321 and you will receive a link that takes you to a donation page. From there you can donate any amount you're comfortable with. We're asking you to consider talking to 10 friends to get them to donate $10 each. It's a truly great cause and organization and you will feel good having helped send a child to Walt Disney World.

Thank you to everyone who donated, whether it was an item or money. We couldn't have done it without all of you.
🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Craig can work some magic to get the show up. We wanted to be there but had to be on an airplane home. Would love to watch, or even just listen. Now lemme go donate some money since I didn’t win my auction item 😉.

Thank you to everyone who made the weekend possible, both John and the DIS team and all of the folks who attended or otherwise supported it. Everything was great, both the official events and the unofficial events. We did a number of things for the first time and had a great time just hanging out with everyone at 3 Bridges, Nomad, AKL, and other places.

Safe travels to all who are heading home. We're here until Friday so we have a few more days on the surface of the sun. Today was truly awful. We lasted about 2-1/2 hours in Studios this morning but at least we got to ride Slinky Dog for the first time. We plan to do AK tomorrow but not until the evening. We might just sleep in and go in our pool during the day. There's just no way I'm doing a park again if it is anything like today again.

Thank you to everyone who made the weekend possible, both John and the DIS team and all of the folks who attended or otherwise supported it. Everything was great, both the official events and the unofficial events. We did a number of things for the first time and had a great time just hanging out with everyone at 3 Bridges, Nomad, AKL, and other places.

Safe travels to all who are heading home. We're here until Friday so we have a few more days on the surface of the sun. Today was truly awful. We lasted about 2-1/2 hours in Studios this morning but at least we got to ride Slinky Dog for the first time. We plan to do AK tomorrow but not until the evening. We might just sleep in and go in our pool during the day. There's just no way I'm doing a park again if it is anything like today again.

You have been in New Jersey way too long!

You have been in New Jersey way too long!
It’s kinda funny-ish. I was melting like Olaf the entire time I was down there. I am now huddled under a blanket cold back in Maryland. The dogs appear comfy...apparently I have just conditioned myself for a solar landing😂

It’s kinda funny-ish. I was melting like Olaf the entire time I was down there. I am now huddled under a blanket cold back in Maryland. The dogs appear comfy...apparently I have just conditioned myself for a solar landing😂
It gets plenty hot and humid in NJ. The difference is when it does, we don't do things that require us to be outdoors for hours at a time. When the temp is in the 90s or 100+, we pretty much go from our house to our car to work or a store. We don't go for 8 mile walks like we do at Disney.

It gets plenty hot and humid in NJ. The difference is when it does, we don't do things that require us to be outdoors for hours at a time. When the temp is in the 90s or 100+, we pretty much go from our house to our car to work or a store. We don't go for 8 mile walks like we do at Disney.
Yup...same here. We have a high of 79 here tomorrow😳 Not terribly usual for August. I could’t drink enough water down there. It was the Scorch Trials of Orlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!