2003 Cruise Points

AndyUK

Earning My Ears
FYI
I spoke with MS on Friday (toll free ;-) ).

They now have the 2003 DCL Points list, and can take firm bookings for 2003 Cruises with points.

The bad news is that the point requirements have gone up, nearly 10%, so you need more points than you thought if you were planning a 2003 cruise based on the 2002 points listings.

Andy

Just went to book a cruise for May 2003 using points and forgot about the 11 month booking window. Doh!
I've got to wait until June 17th now!

On the plus side, our cruise date falls into Value Season, which we were not expecting. Woohoo! Less points than I thought.

Kev

Kevin - probably (no, better make that 'undoubtedly' ;) ) me being dim, but I didn't realise there was a booking window to use your points in non-DVC resorts.

I do vaguely remember reading something about time-frames for booking member exchanges, but didn't appreciate that it would apply to the cruise as well. Does that mean that we can't book anything at all (using points) before our 11 month window, and if so why is it 11 months, not 7, when booking somewhere other than our home resort, i.e. the cruise? I think I'm confused :confused: !

Andy, I'm not planning a 2003 cruise, but thanks for the info anyway :)

Hi Hilary
The booking window is 11 months from sailing date. This is ONLY for DCL, it doesn't apply to II exchanges, which I think can be up to 2 years ahead [not very clear on that tho']

Can't wait for the cruise...I've heard so much about them, they sound fantastic...especially for the kids entertainment (and mine I expect..I'm a big kid really!!)

Andy

Good news....

The full listings for Cruise Points and WDW Hotels for 2003 have now been put up on the members web site.

I just worked out today that the staterooms that MS booked us into for our cruise in Jan are "Secret Porthole" ones....they didn't tell me at the time...that's looking after members in my book.

P.S. Kevin...I've been meaning to say thanks for the trip reports...excellent and really enjoyable.

Andy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!