2006 - Present : Food Pics with Chat

I had the may contain bacon burger on my last visit, your experience was better than mine! There was literally NO bacon on it and NO side pork! I spoke with my waitress and said that I didn't realize the name "may contain bacon" was so literal! They did bring me some bacon and pork on a plate, which I found quite odd as now i had a cold burger with hot bacon, they should have just replaced the whole thing, but wasting food is bad too. Regardless, the burger tasted ok, but the overall experience was a dud :)
It certainly appears as if there is some inconsistency at this place. We've been about 6 times and it has always been great. Others have said worst meal ever. It has never been busy when we have visited. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I had the may contain bacon burger on my last visit, your experience was better than mine! There was literally NO bacon on it and NO side pork! I spoke with my waitress and said that I didn't realize the name "may contain bacon" was so literal! They did bring me some bacon and pork on a plate, which I found quite odd as now i had a cold burger with hot bacon, they should have just replaced the whole thing, but wasting food is bad too. Regardless, the burger tasted ok, but the overall experience was a dud :)

I try not to be too negative when I go out and I never insult a service worker's intelligence, but the fact that they said they didn't realize the name "may contain bacon" was so literal makes me believe that they were either acting oblivious, or they are oblivious. I'll use those words. I understand someone not noticing bacon not being on a burger (has happened many times to me in all sorts of restaurants) and I'm sure people will argue they should notice it (my mother would), but I'm pretty laid back. Just give me bacon on the side and it's all good. However, please, do not tell me you're a trained server, at a resort that is very serious on theming, who should know your menu inside and out, and state you had no idea at all there was even supposed to be bacon on it, especially if it's called "may contain bacon". I have a feeling they thought it was best to act as if they were unaware rather than admitting fault of someone forgetting it entirely, however, it just makes you look as if you do not know your menu and need to be re-trained. It's not her fault, but both server and chef might need a lesson anyway. You're supposed to bring it back and get an entirely prepared meal. It takes forever, but as you said, getting a plate of pork and bacon, but having a cold burger doesn't help. It's a double edged sword once something goes wrong, because you either get an entire new meal (and wait), or get another item, or two that is corrected, but then other parts are cold.

I try not to be too negative when I go out and I never insult a service worker's intelligence, but the fact that they said they didn't realize the name "may contain bacon" was so literal makes me believe that they were either acting oblivious, or they are oblivious. I'll use those words. I understand someone not noticing bacon not being on a burger (has happened many times to me in all sorts of restaurants) and I'm sure people will argue they should notice it (my mother would), but I'm pretty laid back. Just give me bacon on the side and it's all good. However, please, do not tell me you're a trained server, at a resort that is very serious on theming, who should know your menu inside and out, and state you had no idea at all there was even supposed to be bacon on it, especially if it's called "may contain bacon". I have a feeling they thought it was best to act as if they were unaware rather than admitting fault of someone forgetting it entirely, however, it just makes you look as if you do not know your menu and need to be re-trained. It's not her fault, but both server and chef might need a lesson anyway. You're supposed to bring it back and get an entirely prepared meal. It takes forever, but as you said, getting a plate of pork and bacon, but having a cold burger doesn't help. It's a double edged sword once something goes wrong, because you either get an entire new meal (and wait), or get another item, or two that is corrected, but then other parts are cold.
The poster made that quip, not the server.

The poster made that quip, not the server.

Had to re-read it. Kind of confused if you would order it, notice it didn’t have bacon or pork, but didn’t realize the name was in relation to having those things, but oh well. Re-reading it again it have still be referring to the server as well just not providing actual quotes in between what the server said. As I’m confused of noticing it didn’t have those things, but didn’t know the burger was literal. If the server pointed out the no bacon or pork, they shouldn’t of brought it at all.

Like I said previously it seemed awkwardly executed with bringing those things on the side and not a complete re-do.

STRONG WATER BAR

SPICED CHOCOLATE CAKE

i-RNK5xjq-X2.jpg

Bar Sol at the Aventura Hotel:

Sol Blush:

GOPR1972.jpg

Spritz:

IMG-1498.jpg

Thyme Out!

IMG-1500.jpg

Today Cafe at Universal Studios:

Cake:

IMG-1081.jpg

Big Apple Grilled Cheese sandwich:

IMG-1083.jpg

Halloween Horror Nights 29 Drinks:

IMG-1088.jpg

IMG-1150.jpg

IMG-1183.jpg

IMG-1243.jpg

IMG-1330.jpg

IMG-1833.jpg

IMG-2276.jpg

IMG-2688.jpg

Halloween Horror Nights 29 Snacks:

Ghostbusters Popcorn:

IMG-1267.jpg

IMG-1268.jpg

IMG-1270.jpg

Killer Klowns From Outer Space Candy Bar:

IMG-1565.jpg

Halloween Horror Nights 29 Tribute Store Bakery Case:

IMG-2721.jpg

IMG-2722.jpg

IMG-2725.jpg

IMG-2727.jpg

IMG-2729.jpg

Finnegan's:

Beers:

IMG-1209.jpg

IMG-2111.jpg

Loaded Potato Webb (from the Passholder Appreciation menu):

IMG-1214.jpg

Irish Soda Bread:

IMG-2115.jpg

Beyond Burger Vegan Shepherd's Pie:

IMG-2117.jpg

Cinnabon at City Walk:

Center of the Roll:

IMG-1227.jpg

Mel's Drive In at Universal Studios:

Gardein Chick’n & Avocado Sandwich Platter:

IMG-1241.jpg

WOW!

My first time seeing this thread.........:confused3.........not sure how I’ve not seen it before, sooooo many great pics everyone!!!

Better yet all the great food!

I’m hungry now......:thumbsup2

Well, this thread which is a sticky started in 2006

The more it is posted in, will bring in more current attention and pictures

I was about to retire this sticky and make a new one as many do not view it when looking for up to date info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!