2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

Tell me about rack rate, please. Does that mean at the full price rate with absolutely no discount; or, does that mean the rate at the time of the vacation?. Maybe season is what I'm thinking. Anybody done this yet?? TIA:goodvibes:goodvibes

Rack rate is the rate you pay if you simply call and ask for a room. No other discounts applied. Rack rates do differ between seasons. Rack rate for Sept. would be cheaper than rack rate at Christmas.

I noticed that is says 6 days/5 nights. What if your trip is longer than that? Do you still get FD for the extra nights as long as you book the whole package together? Also can you do the Disney Visa code online booking on Diseny's website or do you have to call the phone number to book the whole thing?

You can book longer or shorter than the 6days/5 nights. Thats just a sample to show example pricing. As far as I know the only way to get FD is to call.

First post here! I have been listening to the podcast for about a year and lurking on the boards for a few months planning our Sept 29-Oct-5th trip, watching the free dining threads very closely. Thanks for all the great info I have learned alot. Well, we have the Disney visa and I finally booked our trip earlier this week when the kids stay, play and eat free code was released. I have three young boys, DH and I are traveling with my parents. We booked 2 rooms at CBR (pirate rooms!) with two kids in one room and our oldest in a room with my parents. My question is this, Could I call and change our reservation and have 3 kids and 1 adult in one room with the original kids play and eat free discount and put three adults in the second room and change the discount to the free dining? I tried to call Disney but they are closed for the night, and I was hoping someone here might know. I am just not sure if they let you change reservations this way after the deposit has been made and initial confirmations sent out. My husband would be very excited if I could save us even more money!

Thanks again for all the information, speculation and rumors that have kept me reading the past few months! :goodvibes

Call to be sure but yes, I think you can do that.. not sure.

OMG, that would be great for us. I could book myself and our oldest daughter in one room on the FD plan and book my husband and the other three little ones in another room with the Kids eat and play free promo. That would knock other $750.00 off of our price. I'm definitely going to see if I can work this out . . .

Just wanted to let you know that I just got off the phone with Disney reservations. I was able to split our rooms and discounts this way and after canceling the trip insurance (which I realized thanks to these boards we can purchase elsewhere for less or may not need) our savings on the 2 reservations was an additional $922! :yay:

Just wanted to let you know that I just got off the phone with Disney reservations. I was able to split our rooms and discounts this way and after canceling the trip insurance (which I realized thanks to these boards we can purchase elsewhere for less or may not need) our savings on the 2 reservations was an additional $922! :yay:

Fantastic.

Could someone please clarify: Does the free dining package include hotel and park tickets and a dining package? So when it says $60 for value, than includes park tickets, quick service dining and hotel.

I am trying to plan a "budget friendly" girls get away weekend during opening weekend to Food & Wine Festival. I have a Disney Visa and could get the discount for us.

Could someone please clarify: Does the free dining package include hotel and park tickets and a dining package? So when it says $60 for value, than includes park tickets, quick service dining and hotel.

I am trying to plan a "budget friendly" girls get away weekend during opening weekend to Food & Wine Festival. I have a Disney Visa and could get the discount for us.

hotel, dining and park tickets

Speaking as someone who already has Free Dining booked with a bounce back, I can honestly say I am still very relieved to see it finally announced.

From the day I first stumbled on Free Dining back in 2006 (before I discovered Disboards :worship: and became well informed) and was able to book the last room they had available at CSR, August/September Free Dining has become one of those traditions that I look forward to every year.

Seeing all of the concern and distress that Disney caused this year by delaying the announcement until the end of April, all I can say is THANK GOODNESS it has finally arrived.:banana:

I am crossing my fingers that everyone gets the resort and dates they are hoping for and I'll see you there.:thumbsup2

So I jumped on the free dining deal thanks to you all here and your swift info on Thursday! Booked my trip starting 10/2 at Yacht Club with free dining. I don't have any other deals tacked on to my trip so it's still a bit pricey. My question is that I'm aware of three other possible ways to typically lower costs/deals currently or that could happen:

1. The whole percentage-off pin code thing.

2. A promotion i saw in the winter where booking each level of resort got the guest a Disney gift card. I believe Deluxe was a $750 value.

3. The usual AAA 10% off.

My question is could I/can I apply any of these to the existing reservation I have and maintain my free dining? Or would I have to re-book? (I believe I've heard you go through AAA with their deal so that would probably lose me free dining).

Forgive the naivety...i'm a newbie at Disney bargain hunting!

could I/can I apply any of these to the existing reservation I have and maintain my free dining?

No, you can't. You can apply only one type of discount.

Well done for providing the info I am going to ring (I am in Austalia) Monday morning USA time to try and have free counter service dining added to our sept reservation. My wife rang an hour ago and was told only for visa card holders then general public from Monday. She was told she would need the codes!! Can anyone advise the code for non disney card holders for value (pop Century) conter service. I know the code for visa holders is QD4. thanks greg

Yep, I asked about this as well. We booked 2 rooms at pop, 1 room has our mother in law and the 3 kids in it on the kids stay and play free promo. The other myself and husband at full price with tickets. So when this offer becomes available to the public the CM said I could add free dining to my room and keep the kids savings in theres. Yay. Since we are staying 12 nights that means a total of 48 quick service meals and 48 snacks. Yay. Fingers crossed it comes out to the public soon!

im also interested in finding out if family suites are included. I have one booked now and was hoping to just get it switched to free dining. Otherwise we have to go to 2 rooms.

Well done for providing the info I am going to ring (I am in Austalia) Monday morning USA time to try and have free counter service dining added to our sept reservation. My wife rang an hour ago and was told only for visa card holders then general public from Monday. She was told she would need the codes!! Can anyone advise the code for non disney card holders for value (pop Century) conter service. I know the code for visa holders is QD4. thanks greg

We will not have the codes till Mon. morning. So have Dis up and call, if CM does not know them yet then you can get the codes as they are posted here and inform them of what they are. Hopefully someone will be able to post them this afternoon, we can wish anyway.

im also interested in finding out if family suites are included. I have one booked now and was hoping to just get it switched to free dining. Otherwise we have to go to 2 rooms.

I don't believe they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts