2010 Honeymoons

snowpixiemn

Earning My Ears
Are there any brides taking JUST the honeymoon in WDW? Have any ideas of romantic outtings/ dates that think outside of the box? (ie: not a romantic dinner at Albert and Victoria's) I just think it would be nice if we ladies could connect and chat about it. It just seems to me that the Honeymoon only girls get lost in the celebration of the DISweds (although I am a little envious ;) hehe). So to all the honeymoon brides out there why don't we post where when we're going and ideas of where to stay! :D

August 23, 2010 POR

Can I join even though I am getting married in WDW ....Please!

My honeymoon plans so far are - 4 night Disney cruise (booked!) and 4 nights at a deluxe - were thinking the YC or BC but we really like the look of Bay Lake Tower - but we spend more time at Epcot so that would make more sense?:confused3

This is for December 2010 :banana:

I'm getting married at Disney also, but my honeymoon will be there as well

Sept 6-13 Cont (hoping MK view)
I'm planning on the keys to the kingdom tour....DFi has always wanted to do that. Meals at all our usual places and a last night meal at Cali Grill

I didn't mean to try to exclude anyone, but when you are a DIS bride it does seem to focus on the Wedding primarily. I think both of you, ladies honeymoons sound great. Hopefully, we'll hear from more people doing honeymoons at WDW too. :)

snowpixie- you can start a PJ for your at-home wedding and disneymoon! Don't feel left out just bc you're not getting married at Disney... we would still love to follow your wedding plans and swap ideas with you for invites, flowers, etc:goodvibes

We're having our honeymoon in Disney in January :)

I've been researching romantic things to do and quite honestly, I don't think we're gonna do any of them!

Check out this thread for ideas

What I want to do, what I have wanted to do for the past few trips, is check out other resort restaurants besides the ones around the boardwalk (where we always stay). I've eaten at other resorts when we've stayed there, but there's so many I haven't been to. I definitely want to check the AKL this trip. I think that'll be a fun little adventure.

Are there any brides taking JUST the honeymoon in WDW? Have any ideas of romantic outtings/ dates that think outside of the box? (ie: not a romantic dinner at Albert and Victoria's) I just think it would be nice if we ladies could connect and chat about it. It just seems to me that the Honeymoon only girls get lost in the celebration of the DISweds (although I am a little envious ;) hehe). So to all the honeymoon brides out there why don't we post where when we're going and ideas of where to stay! :D

August 23, 2010 POR

FABULOUS idea!! :thumbsup2

As much as my fiance and I would havve LOVED a destination Disney wedding, it just was not in the budget, and Grandma won't travel, so oh well. :confused3

HOWEVER, I am happy to report, that my fiance and I went to disney this past December, and became DVC members @ BLT. SOOO excited.

We are going back down this september on our "gift" points, but are not getting married until November, 2010.

We are thinking, for our honeymoon, of doing 4 nights at either the Grand Floridian, or Beach Club.
Then taking the 7- day eastern disney carribean cruise...still up in the air, but that's what we are thinking.
Hoping that the cruise will be romantic. :love:

GEMMY-
We are planning the HM for the first week in December also!
LOVE being there for the christmas magic!

I'm Lisa by the way, and my fiance is Dave, we are from NY, and LOVE LOVE LOVE all things Disney!! xoxox

ohhhh!
i fit into this category! i would have loooooovoed a disney wedding..but its not practicle for us....so we are having a home wedding...which is totally awesome for us
then spending 10..yup 10 days at disney...we are torn between the beach club, and the beach club villas ( i know i know such a huge difference) but since we wont be on a plane down until september 20, 2010 ( we get married september 18, 2010) we havent thought much about the planning and romantic side

other than i picked this resort because of the beach ...i always dreamed of staying at the GF butttt this area is much more suited to our personalities

We will be going on our honeymoon jan 3-10. We're staying at POR. I'd love to hear others ideas for romantic things to do!
I think your right that the honeymooners only get lost with all the disney brides threads. (I too am envious!)

Thanks for starting this honeymoon thread! :thumbsup2

We are actually doing a destination ORLANDO wedding at a hotel about a mile outside of Disney. We will be staying at our venue for the entire wedding and wedding events and then that Monday moving to Disney for a week! We currently have reservations at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I am so glad that you started this thread! I am a huge Disney fan, but a Disney wedding was just not the right fit for us. Even though we did think that it would be amazing, and truly considered it.

We recently bought into DVC and are staying December 26th- January 2nd at BLT. We are so excited for the New Years' celebrations and can't wait to head out.

I work with another DVC member and she suggested eating at the Coral Reef. Apparently, if you call and let them know it is your honeymoon they will have a diver with a sign and will seat you near the tank to see it. As soon as we have ADR we are calling. Even though the DF doesn't know, its my little surprise to him.:lovestruc

Hope to see more advice!

If you go to allearsnet.com they have a TON of ideas for romantic, as well as cheap/free things to do at WDW. You'll have to look around a little bit but I think you can find stuff under planning. Good luck and congratulations!

I work with another DVC member and she suggested eating at the Coral Reef. Apparently, if you call and let them know it is your honeymoon they will have a diver with a sign and will seat you near the tank to see it. As soon as we have ADR we are calling. Even though the DF doesn't know, its my little surprise to him.:lovestruc

Hope to see more advice!

They actually stopped doing this last November. I'm sorry. But be sure to note that it's your honeymoon on all your ADRs.

New Year's is fun at Disney, but really busy. If you want to eat at any Table Service make ADRs they won't be taking walk-ups.I've done it 3 times in the past 4 years, but I'm taking a few years off.

We are looking into renting DVC points from a Dis'er.

If it works out that we can be at WDW for 2 weeks in total (wedding and HM), we want to do:

-5 days at Beach Club Villas
-5 days at Wilderness Lodge Villas
-5 days at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

Also, again depending on how much time we will have, we'd really like to spend a day with the Dolphins at Discovery Cove.

If we could afford it, we would also love to do an Illuminations Cruise, but that would likely be out of our budget.

I love that you started this thread :thumbsup2

We were very very close to a DCL wedding, but it fell through, but I'm getting married in Puerto Rico, so I can not complain much.

Our disneymoon is in Jan. 2010 we rented points from another DISer and are staying at the BWV, it was between that and the AKL, but we figured the location would be better for BWV, maybe next time. We ended up with a BW view which is cool, we should be able to see Illuminations from the balcony :woohoo:

We are going to do the Epcot Honeymoon Shoot. Not cheap, but we're not getting e-pics done and our wedding photo package is extremely inexpensive. I was going to do a private dining for my DFi, but he wants to do the deluxe DP so I'm not spending anymore money on food :laughing:

I know California Grill and Flying Fish will do special menus. CRT is suppose to do toasting glasses as well. Another bride on here is actually bringing little surprises with her to give to her DF through out the week, which I thought was really cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter