2011 brides... have you made reservations yet?

helloirishkitty

DIS Veteran
We have booked our 2 bedroom villa at BLT but that's only because we are DVC and were able to book it early. I am staying at the GF the night before the wedding and I haven't been able to book that yet because I don't know if something better than the wedding discount will be released.

My MOH and a few others are waiting for 2011 packages to come out so that they can do dining and I'm getting so nervous waiting for them to book!

Have you booked yet? Did you pay the "guranteed" rate knowing that the prices will drop or are you using your wedding discount?

Hi we are having our VR on May 4th 2011
We are from UK so things may be different!!
We are all booked. Have booked our flights with Virgin leaving on 1st May.
I have all the accomodation for the first five days we are there (1st - 5th May) booked using my DVC points. We are staying at BLT in a two bedroom villa with my two sons and my Mum. My daughter and her partner and DH's Mum and her partner have studios at BLT. Our friends and their children (two families) are staying at Kidani Village in two studios.
The second five days (6th - 11th) we are all booked to stay at PORS. We are all staying here in 5 different rooms and have managed to get free dining :woohoo: We upgraded from quick service DDP to the regular DDP. I can't wait!!!!!

We've book 5 nights at Pop Century, and that's it. I'm getting a little antsy about the rest! But we know we want a night or two at AKL and are trying to wait until our guests figure out when they are coming and going so that we can do that once they leave.

We haven't booked any flights yet...DF keeps saying "just wait, just wait, they'll go down...", but they at the same price they were when we booked our trip two years ago. Argh! The Halifax School board has a two week break in February this year (it's usually a week in March), so I feel like prices are going to sky rocket out of here!

I told our guests to wait until August to book so they can do the DDP. Seems to make sense. Although I'd like it all done NOW! We're soon under 200 days!

My wedding is in January and we haven't booked yet. Hopefully we get DVC before the wedding and can use points to stay.

We're just now thinking of renewing our vows in August 2011, so nothing's booked yet. I just stopped by to see if I could find some tips on planning!

We are tentatively scheduled for June 21, and our coordinator told us to go ahead and book the honeymoon. A friend of mine does travel stuff and she's taking care of it for us; however, we have to wait until the 2011 rates are released in August.

We booked using the wedding discount, so I can budget using that total, however when the discounts come out (fingers crossed for November) we'll change it over.

We are tentatively scheduled for June 21, and our coordinator told us to go ahead and book the honeymoon. A friend of mine does travel stuff and she's taking care of it for us; however, we have to wait until the 2011 rates are released in August.

It's strange that we have been able to book for May 2011 (through the official Disney site - UK version) and you guys from the USA are still waiting for 2011 prices to be released!!! :confused3

We are waiting for discount codes as well. Just finished writing and sending a newsletter for my guests since they were asking this very same question.

I told my international guests to book with the wedding discount now and then add codes if they pop up later and told my in-state guests to wait for codes to be released later on to book.

Everything else, including officiant we have taken care of, plus we are having our ceremony in low season, odds of rooms being hard to get a month or two out are close to none.

It's strange that we have been able to book for May 2011 (through the official Disney site - UK version) and you guys from the USA are still waiting for 2011 prices to be released!!! :confused3

Tell me about it! My cousins, coming in from Ireland, are all booked with free dining, while we can't even book our rooms with any dining until sometime next month. very frustrating :confused3

Don't mean to hijack this thread but when (how many months/years) can you book your hotel and/or honeymoon hotel? We plan on staying a WDW a week before and the a few days after the wedding then go to disney's new resort in hawaii. How far in advanced can you book? So I can write down a date to start looking out for it. I'm a 2012 bride but I'm just curious!! Thanks!!

Don't mean to hijack this thread but when (how many months/years) can you book your hotel and/or honeymoon hotel? We plan on staying a WDW a week before and the a few days after the wedding then go to disney's new resort in hawaii. How far in advanced can you book? So I can write down a date to start looking out for it. I'm a 2012 bride but I'm just curious!! Thanks!!

well, it depends. Once you get your wedding discount, so after you sign your contract, you can book your rooms. But if you want packages with tickets and dining, you have to wait until the package rates for the year of your wedding are out. My wedding is in February 2011, but packages have not been released yet for next year, so many of my guests haven't booked. We're at 6 months and some days out, and it's so nervewracking! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter