2012 Swap Calendar/Preparation

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Ok, it's time to start planning for 2012!!! I have names of previous hostess listed on some of the swaps as they were previous hostesses and they have priority to host again. If they don't want to host than it is open for another hostesses.

Please post in this thread if you don't wish to keep a swap or if you want to take over a swap. At your earliest convinence if you know when you want to host a swap lets get it on the board so that we don't have mass swaps going on at once. I hope to space things out a bit better this year.

Ok, here's the first amount of information.. in post #2, you will find the calendar.

2012 Swap Calendar

Important Information:

Hostess Guidelines:

Hostessing a swap:
1. Check in on your swap at least 2-3 a week. Questions do pop up that need to be answered by the hostess… If there is a change in the requirements; please note it in the original post (OP) and bold it in a different color!
2. Respond to questions promptly.
3. Once you have received items put them somewhere safe until everything arrives.
4. If someone's items are not up to standard let them know and work with them on correcting the situation. PM them don't bring it public and cause hurt feelings. (We have not had this problem; just wanted to make the request)
5. Once you have the items; divide them out for people quickly and mail them out. Make sure you are keeping on top of this and staying in contact as you do this.
6. Please note the status of your swap in the title: Sign ups Open; Active/Progress;
Return Mail; Complete.
7. Hostesses, we ask that you contact those interested in being an angel before you open it up to others already in the swap. I know sometimes it's easier just to ask the other swappers but if someone wants to angel, let's ask them first.

** Please remember the following information from the FAQ of joining a swap**
Hostessing

I've swapped and hosted swaps on other boards. How do I host a swap here?
A: We like to get to know swappers before they become a hostess. As such, we prefer that new posters complete three swaps on time and according to guidelines before hostessing their first swap. After the completion of the required swaps (3), post on the Swap Calendar thread that you are interested in hosting and you will receive additional instructions. Each first time hostess will work with a hostess mentor on their first swap. This person is an experienced hostess who will help “coach” the new hostess through their duties and act as back up as needed. After the first successful swap is completed, you are welcome to host any future swaps that will fit on the calendar.

I don't want to participate in three swaps before I host one. Can't I just host a swap now?
A:You are free to post a swap at any time. The issue is that most swappers on our board won't sign up for a swap hosted by someone they don't know or who didn't follow the above process. We do this to protect our significant investments of time, money and creativity.

A final message from Webmaster Alex on swapping on the DIS Boards. See the word “swap” where he has written exchange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmasterAlex
I thought I would give everyone a refresher on the DIS exchange rules.
The DIS boards will not, under any circumstances, become involved in disputes over exchanges. All exchanges are at your own risk.
We specifically will not allow threads attacking anyone or attempting to shame someone who did not follow through on an exchange. That must be kept to private message or email.

SWAPS
The list of swaps we have held this year or there has been interest in is below.. If there is a name next to the swap, the previous hostess has first dibs to host again. If the hostess wants to host, I ask that you post to this thread and let me know when is best for you to put this on the calendar. If you don’t plan on hosting, please PM me and I’ll mark it off and open it up to everyone. I would like for sign up and due dates to be given especially for January, February, March. If you are later in the calendar, you can give me ball park months (dates) if you know them. The goal is to eliminate as I said overcrowding and due dates that are falling on top of one another.

If you are hosting and a change needs to be made, we can make those changes. I know things happen, its okay. Just please post all changes to the swap calendar so that the changes can be made in the calendar for the new swappers coming onto our boards and even for the veteran swappers who are looking to see what else they want to be involved in.

To make the swaps on this board run smoothly we are going to try to eliminate some of the overcrowding that has been done with all the Mega/Large swaps being done so early in the year that new swappers while they may participate need to wait almost a full year to get into the Mega/Large swaps. (Especially the park swaps).

We've broken the swaps up into categories and the number of each category we’d like to see on the calendar. There can be and will be adjustments, these are just desire/guidelines to make things run smoothly and keep things spread out!

**if the swap is italic it is already on the calendar. **

Mega Swap: Mega Swap is the big Park Swaps. Over the years these 4 swaps have manifested into huge under takings with lots of options open to all of us. *With this being said, we may need to consider holding the Mega Park Swaps individually; but maybe breaking down some of the big wish list items into small larger swaps ~ for example the breaking down of character names etc…maybe doing a MK Character altered letter swap or a MK Ride altered letter swap that will be done after the Mega Swap is complete).

The Mega Swaps we would like to be hosted Seasonally… breaking it down into every 3 months.
Examples:
Park 1 -Jan/March ~~ MK
Park 2 - April/June ~~ AK
Park 3 - July/Sept ~~
Park 4 - October/December ~~

Magic Kingdom (MK) ~ 123SA
Animal Kingdom (AK) ~ 123SA
Epcot ~
DHS ~

Large Swaps – (1-2 per month) these are the swaps that are big but not as big as the
Examples:
Resort ~
Disney Topper ‘n’ Tag ~ M2MRB
ABC/MAW pages ~ m2mrb
Color Sketch Pages ~ AlexWyattMommy (AWM)
Character Elements ~ M2MRB
ABC Letter ~
Everyday ~ Mickeyteacher
School ~
Sports/Activities ~ DB
Holiday Elements ~
Autograph Pages ~
Sketch Swaps {holiday, everyday} ~
Character Duo/Rare ~ JLD
Rides ~ 2" words & 4" letters ~
Parks/Lands ~ 2" words & 4" letters ~ jj&jhsmom
character ~ 2" words/4" letters ~
Parks/Lands Pages ~
Disney General Page ~

Smaller Swaps- we are looking at adding 2-3 of these per month into the calendar.
Examples
Spring/Summer Activity Swap ~ JJ&JHsmom
Out of the Park (Disney) Pages ~
Events (Disney) Pages/Elements ~ JLD
Other Parks (Sea World, Universal, etc) ~ Mom-to-2- princesses
Pets ~ DisneyBarlans
Surprise ~ disney_akj
Newbie Swaps ~ PN96 if interest Newbies ONLY 3 times a year
Cruise ~
Pass It Forward ~ mycutiepatooties (MCPT)
Tag Book ~
character tag ~
Disneyland/DCA ~ JLD
Lyric Swap ~ MusicalDisneyDreams
Paper Doll ~ MusicalDisneyDreams

Technique Swaps (1 per month)- anything that is technique driven or more of altered art than for our books
Examples
Shakers
Altered Paperclips
Paper Bag Albums
ATC-
A to Z ATC
Deco Squares ~ MickeyTeacher
Paper Piecing ~ hopemax
Slidemounts ~
Disney Wall Art ~ MCPT

Gift Swap (1 per month)- swap designed to be gifts for other
Examples:
rolodex-
planners ~
Altered Binder Clips
Making Pages Swap
Recipe
Card Swap ~ morganmom2000
Card Candy Swap ~ morgansmom2000

Gift tag ~

Purchase Swaps (1 per month)- buy something and send it in, should be due within 6 weeks(for our international swappers)
Examples
Grocery Bags-
Jar of Whimsy
Embellishment Swap ~ MickeyTeacher (MT)
Prima Flowers

Interest:
Secret Sister ~ rlovew ~ dates tba

Hello Everyone!!!

For those who are new to swapping on the disboards and are intersted in joining... you can find a wealth of information at the following link... Any questions just ask..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2542961

So, on with the show!

Swap Sign Ups
Title - Hostess - Sign Up Date; Link

December 2011
Color Sketch Swap - AWM - 12/30 - 1/3 Complete

January 2012
MK ~ 123SA ~ 1/10 - 1/12 Complete
2" letters for Parks/Lands ~ JJ&JHsmom ~ 1/28 - 1/30 Complete
Partner paintcan - JLD - TBA Complete

February
Sports/Activity Swap - DB - 2/10-13 Complete
Disney Topper 'n' Tag - M2MRB - 2/24 - 2/27 Complete
Cricut Cut Swap - LM3Ks - mid- Feb Complete
Duo/Couples/Rare/Villain - JLD - mid-Feb Complete

March
Disney General Sketch Pages - AWM- 3/9 - 3/13 Complete

April
Spring/Summer Activities - JJ&JHsmom - 4/13 - 4/16 Complete
Event Elements/Pages - JLD - 4/13 - 4/15 Complete
AK Swap - 123SA - 4/23 Complete
Everyday Theme Partner Swap - JLD - 4/23-4/25 Complete

May
Character Element - M2MRB - 5/18 -5/21Complete
Surprise Swap - Disney_akj - 5/23 Complete
Lyric Swap - MDD -5/18 @ 6PM ESTComplete

June
Card Swap - MM2000 - TBA Active
DLR/DCA - JLD - 6/1 @ 9am PacificComplete

July
Altered Paper Clips - Catinthehat35 - 7/9 Complete
Other Parks - Mto2P - 7/26 Sorting
Disney Wall Art - MCPT - TBA Active
ABC/Big Give Pages - M2MRB - 7/26 Complete
Deco Squares - MT - TBA
Resort - dacky041208 - 7/30-8/3 Complete

August
Sketch Swap General {holiday, everyday} - Hostess Needed
Paper Piecing - MCPT - TBA
Paper Doll Swap - MDD - TBA
Holiday Theme Partner Swap - JLD - 8/27-8/29 Active

September
Pass It Forward - MCPT - TBA
Everyday - Mickeyteacher - 9/13 Active
Embellishment Swap - MT - 9/7 Sorting
Epcot Swap - CKMom97 - 9/25 - 9/27 Active

October
Pet Swap - DB - 10/22 Sign ups OPEN

November
MK Completed Page Sketch Swap - MM2000 - 11/15 2 8:30am Interest Thread

December

Swap Due Dates
Title - Hostess - Due Date

January 2012
Holiday & Seasons Swap – 123SA – 1/17

February 2012
Partner paintcan - JLD - TBA

March 2012
Color Sketch Swap - AWM - 3/7
MK ~ 123SA ~ 3/12
Duo/Couples/Rare/Villain - JLD - end of march

April 2012
2" letters for Parks/Lands - JJ&JHsmom ~ 4/11
Sports/Activity Swap - DB - 4/16
Cricut Cut Swap - LM3Ks - 4/18
Disney Topper 'n' Tag - M2MRB - 4/30

May 2012
Disney General Sketch Pages - AWM- 5/4
Event Elements/Pages - JLD - 5/31

June 2012
Spring/Summer Activities - JJ&JHsmom - 6/11
Everyday Theme Partner Swap - JLD - 6/22
AK - 123SA - 6/25
Suprise - disney_akj - TBA

July 2012
Lyric Swap - MDD - 7/24
Character Element - M2MRB - 7/31

August 2012
Paper Doll Swap - MDD - 8/4
Surprise Swap - disney_akj - TBA
DLR/DCA - JLD - 6/22
Altered Paper Clips - Catinthehat35 - 8/27

September 2012
ABC/Big Give Pages - M2MRB - 9/17
Other Parks - Mto2P - 9/26
Deco Squares - MT - TBA

October 2012
Resort - dacky041208 - 10/4
Sketch Swap General {holiday, everyday} - Hostess Needed
Holiday Theme Partner Swap - JLD - 10/26

November 2012
Everyday Mickeyteacher - 11/14
Paper Piecing - MCPT - TBA

December 2012
Disney Parks/Lands Sketch Swap - Hostess Needed

Due 2013

January

Epcot element - CKMom97 - 1/8/13
Pet Swap - DB - 1/14/13

February
MK Completed Page Sketch Swap - MM2000 - 2/15 FIRM

I am going to stick to the sketch swaps this year.

That means the others can be open to new hostesses. I am willing to host them if one is not found for them though.

I would like to start with a Sketch Swap based on colors. Red group, blue group, etc.

Sign ups December 30, 2011 through January 3, 2012 [this gives weekenders a chance but doesn't start on a holiday]
Due date March 7 with me swapping out that weekend.

Disney General Swap - Disney Colors, Fab 5, Princesses, Major Characters [easily found at meals or in park]

Sign ups March 9 through March 13 [gives me time to run the sign ups before swapping the then current swap]
Due date May 4. [this will be a smaller grouped swap so swapping shouldn't take long, I will also use simple sketches that newbies can join in and they won't take long to do. Will have measurements for sketches] I will be going to Disney the first week of June so I don't want to stretch out the due date.

Sketch Swap General - Holidays, Everyday

Due date October 25th

Disney Parks/Lands

Due date December 11

Thanks Nan!!

Nan ~ I plan to be swap free for the year (okay, maybe I'll make a couple exceptions ;)). I have a ton of scrapping to do before Sarah graduates in May! Therefore I will not be up to hosting any swaps, so the swaps I hosted in 2011 can be open to whoever wishes to host them. Thanks :)

:woohoo: was wondering when this was going to get up and running!

Nan, I would like to host two swaps this year....but not the paperclips!

Disney Topper and Tag...would get a thread going for topper titles first of the year
due date April 30

Character Elements
due date July 31

idea for this would be just doing the little icons, etc for the characters ... what do you think? what has been done in the past for this???

Nan-
Here're the dates I'm thinking:

Lyric Swap-
due date June 2

Paper Doll Swap-
signs ups starting June 15
due date August 4

Hello,
I would love to participate, but I'm concerned that I don't have what it takes. I've looked at soooo many of your posts and they are all just beautiful. Does anyone happen to live in the Orlando area and if so would you be willing to mentor me? I have been scrapbooking for 20 years and own a Cricut, so I'm not a complete beginner, but I definitely don't share the creativity I have seen on these pages.
Thank you.

Hello,
I would love to participate, but I'm concerned that I don't have what it takes. I've looked at soooo many of your posts and they are all just beautiful. Does anyone happen to live in the Orlando area and if so would you be willing to mentor me? I have been scrapbooking for 20 years and own a Cricut, so I'm not a complete beginner, but I definitely don't share the creativity I have seen on these pages.
Thank you.

Are you wanting to participate in the swaps? If so, jump right in... you are probably more creative than you give yourself credit for... (I know, I'm my own worst critic!).

I don't live in the Orlando area but I'd be happy to mentor you if you want to participate in a swap next year. You might try your hand at a sketch page swap hosted by AWM coming up the end of the month is sign ups. Her sketches are great... she finds the ones that give you the measurements.. so the main creativity you will need is paper selection and then the embellishments. She usually limits the groups to 5. So you can start with 1 group to get your feet wet.

I'm sure if you just want to dabble in elements there will be a swap for that coming up after the first of the year.

Just give me a yell or anyone of the other swappers because we are all willing to help in anyway!

Hello,
Thank you.

I am about 1.5 hours from Orlando but I can give you a hand if you would like I am up at Disney at least once every 2 months. In fact I will be up there 1 time next week and 1 time the week after (although after that I have no more trips planned and will not be up for a bit).

As Nancy mentioned start small- do 1 group or so in a swap and then as you see other pieces and get more comfortable add a little more.

Rebecca

Everyone is so nice. Thank you so much! I can't do anything for the next several weeks, but I will definitely ask questions mid-January.
Thank you again.

Nan, if you need someone to host in summer time, I'm free from work starting mid-may until mid-august. I'm open to try anything

Reddy, if there is anything that interests you on the list feel free to claim it and let me know what you dates would be.

Hey Nancy, I am open for some hostessing. Let me know where I can help. I'd like to do the event swap for sure but you can put me anywhere. I always say im gonna go swap free but I know that I cant :)

I would love to run a partner swap like the one I used to run over on the cricut board. I loved making things for 1 person and making a good friend in the process. Let me know what you ladies think of that one. I can get you more information.

Hey Nancy, I am open for some hostessing. Let me know where I can help. I'd like to do the event swap for sure but you can put me anywhere. I always say im gonna go swap free but I know that I cant :)

I would love to run a partner swap like the one I used to run over on the cricut board. I loved making things for 1 person and making a good friend in the process. Let me know what you ladies think of that one. I can get you more information.

Let me know which ones you want exactly and the dates.... I'll be happy to get you on the board.
Partner swap... give me more information about it... I might be up for that one because I'm going swap free (except emergency angels) this year.
I'll mark you down for the event swap but give me dates when you have time.. NO hurries as I know the holidays are quickly upon us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter