2013 Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic 12/15 - 12/20/13 SOLD OUT!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving fellow travelers!

Just over 2 weeks until we all start this fantastic adventure! :cool1:

We saw Frozen today and loved it so much we can't wait to see it again at the El Cap! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if we visit Griffith Park & Walt's Barn and the trains on this Adventure?

I seem to remember reports of this in the past, but do not see it on the current itinerary.
Just curious...

Does anyone know if we visit Griffith Park & Walt's Barn and the trains on this Adventure?

I seem to remember reports of this in the past, but do not see it on the current itinerary.
Just curious...

We visited Walt's Barn on this Adventure when we did it in July 2012.

Just curious...

We visited Walt's barn on the June 2013 trip.

I really can't wait for this trip. My mom and I really need some good times about now it has been the worse few months of our lives. First my brother dies suddenly a few months ago and now just a few days ago my dad's heart gives out. My parents were high school sweethearts they were together for over 40 years. We will all miss him terribly. We promised we would go on our trip and try to have a good time if anything happened to him so that is what we are gonna do.

I really can't wait for this trip. My mom and I really need some good times about now it has been the worse few months of our lives. First my brother dies suddenly a few months ago and now just a few days ago my dad's heart gives out. My parents were high school sweethearts they were together for over 40 years. We will all miss him terribly. We promised we would go on our trip and try to have a good time if anything happened to him so that is what we are gonna do.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but glad y'all are still coming with us. It sounds like Disneyland at the holidays is just what you all need for a pick me up. Our thoughts are with you. :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you will be able to still travel with us- hopefully that will ease some of the sadness you have had lately. :grouphug:

What is everyone packing clothing-wise? With highs in the 70's and lows in the 40's, I'm debating what I want to pack. I'm stressing way too much over this decision. :headache:

I'm packing right now!
I chose to go with all long pants with a combo or long & short sleeved tops.
One pair of sandals, the rest are closed toe shoes and one pair of sneakers.

I'm bringing one light jacket, plus the one I wear from home (where it's freezing!).

Last time we went in April and it was the same temps and I froze. There the 72 is not as warm as our 72. Jeri said it's because they don't have our humidity. So when I see 72 for them it's more a feels like temp of 62 for us. Plus that's only at the hottest point of the day so it's actually cooler than that for most of the day.

I'm taking jeans and cords, long sleeve tees and short sleeves for layering, two sweaters, one fleece, my gloves and coat. I wanted something cuter/nicer for Saving Mr Banks and the farewell dinner but as it turns out all of that stuff I have is for warmer weather so I guess I'll just have to get by with casual.

Keep in mind my temperature breakdown only works if you're southern and have thin blood! The rest of you will probably be in t-shirts thinking 72 feels about perfect!

I can't wait to see you guys! Five days and counting!! Delta, in their infinite wisdom, have changed our plane to the arrive at 7:30 plane out of Atlanta. Thanks for that! Trying not to be annoyed. Why do they do that?!? Grrrrr

I will be sending an email to everyone regarding our upcoming Adventure, but here are some of the things I have learned....

It has been very cool in the morning and evening, but warming up during the day.

It has been suggested that we wear layers or plan on costume changes..

I am planning for both. :)

We will not be dining in Club 33 on this Adventure.

Rather, we will be having breakfast in Blue Bayou and touring Club 33 later in the day.

ABD will take care of Fireworks, Parade, Fantasmic and World of Color.

There is no need to make special plans for those things.

I think that's it for now.

Oh yeah...there are some great surprises and some things that we have done in the past that have since been "plussed"! I love that word..."plussed". :thumbsup2

Last time we went in April and it was the same temps and I froze. There the 72 is not as warm as our 72. Jeri said it's because they don't have our humidity. So when I see 72 for them it's more a feels like temp of 62 for us. Plus that's only at the hottest point of the day so it's actually cooler than that for most of the day.

I'm taking jeans and cords, long sleeve tees and short sleeves for layering, two sweaters, one fleece, my gloves and coat. I wanted something cuter/nicer for Saving Mr Banks and the farewell dinner but as it turns out all of that stuff I have is for warmer weather so I guess I'll just have to get by with casual.

Keep in mind my temperature breakdown only works if you're southern and have thin blood! The rest of you will probably be in t-shirts thinking 72 feels about perfect!

I can't wait to see you guys! Five days and counting!! Delta, in their infinite wisdom, have changed our plane to the arrive at 7:30 plane out of Atlanta. Thanks for that! Trying not to be annoyed. Why do they do that?!? Grrrrr

Well, since I'm southern, I will probably lean more toward the 3/4 length and long sleeve over the short sleeved. If I'm wrong about that, then it gives me an excuse to buy something. :) I was wondering about Saving Mr. Banks too...I think I'll be in black pants and a sweater. Nothing too nice. I've got to get packing. My job needs to understand that there are priorities and let me out of these pesky responsibilities so that I can prepare for this trip. Saturday is quickly approaching. :cool1:

I will be sending an email to everyone regarding our upcoming Adventure, but here are some of the things I have learned....

It has been very cool in the morning and evening, but warming up during the day.

It has been suggested that we wear layers or plan on costume changes..

I am planning for both. :)

We will not be dining in Club 33 on this Adventure.

Rather, we will be having breakfast in Blue Bayou and touring Club 33 later in the day.

ABD will take care of Fireworks, Parade, Fantasmic and World of Color.

There is no need to make special plans for those things.

I think that's it for now.

Oh yeah...there are some great surprises and some things that we have done in the past that have since been "plussed"! I love that word..."plussed". :thumbsup2

"Plussed" is definitely a nice word to hear. :thumbsup2

I'm actually excited about the Blue Bayou change. I've never eaten there so it will be a new experience. I'm glad we still get to visit Club 33 though. I was thinking that with the changes for Club 33 that they announced we would miss it altogether.

Thanks Kevin!
All the announcements sound terrific!
I am very glad we will get to visit Club 33. Not eating there is OK. We were able to see (and stand in) the elevator on the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour a few years ago- but we were not permitted upstairs. I would love to see it once before they renovate.

Layers are packed! I sure I'll buy something there too though. :)

Can't wait to meet/see everyone!

We had breakfast at Blue Bayou 2 months ago on the October trip since Club 33 was under construction in the mornings. The breakfast was delicious!

Enjoy your trip!

:cool1::cool1: It's time!! It's time!! :cool1::cool1:

I just finished packing and we leave in the morning!! Going to Orlando first- having lunch with our son tomorrow. Then flying to LA on Saturday morning.

See you all on Sunday evening! :goodvibes

:cool1::cool1: It's time!! It's time!! :cool1::cool1:

I just finished packing and we leave in the morning!! Going to Orlando first- having lunch with our son tomorrow. Then flying to LA on Saturday morning.

See you all on Sunday evening! :goodvibes

Safe travels! I'll be heading out to LA on Saturday morning. Only two more sleeps! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!