2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

Safe trip to both of you Toni. It's been fun living vicariously through your extended adventure! Really hope there will be another opportunity to meet up with everyone again. Seems no matter how much I try and explain how awesome the trip was I just can't do it justice. You really had to be there doing it with the people we did it with.

I checked the ABD page for the photos and came up blank too Pete. glad it's not me missing something.

I completed the ABD survey but not the Dreams one. I felt it was a little generic and catered more towards personalised vacations to the parks whereas the ABD one was very specific to our adventure so seemed more purposeful.

The tour was the best part, it was a pleasure to meet you all and share it with a great bunch of fellow dis people, being able to talk Disney without eyes glazing over and friends falling asleep was fantastic.:thanks: :thanks:

So from mrs grump aka christine and myself please take care of yourselves and hope to meet up again one day.

Toni,

It was a pleasure meeting you and Christine (and everyone else too!). I was thinking back along the same lines yesterday. When I talk about the things we saw on the trip with freinds and family, I can tell they don't really understand why we would want to do some of these things:

Me: "And then we got to see Walt's barn!"
Friends: "Uhhhhh....."

I haven't tried to look at the pictures on-line yet...hopefully someone posts on here when they are up.

Safe travels Toni and Christine! I think you'll need a WDW trip soon and then we can have a mini reunion here in Florida! :)

So true Pete! I won't go into detail about our trip with non Disney friends, they don't get it. The question I was asked repeatedly...Why would you go to DL when you live 20 minutes from WDW?? So, to many people I just said we were going to CA. It was easier. Lucky for me (and not so lucky for John) :lmao: I have lots of Disney friends! :thumbsup2

Have a safe trip, Toni and Christine!

I completed the ABD survey but not the Dreams one. I felt it was a little generic and catered more towards personalised vacations to the parks whereas the ABD one was very specific to our adventure so seemed more purposeful.

I had similar thoughts about the Dreams survey. There were several places on it for comments, though, and I used those to address some of the issues that were more specific to our adventure.

I never received a survey from ABD and I really wanted to fill that out. Did anyone else not get one? I didn't bother with Dreams because it was so generic and focused on a Disney World trip, nothing to do with ours so I would have just answered Not Applicable to all the questions.

I never received a survey from ABD and I really wanted to fill that out. Did anyone else not get one? I didn't bother with Dreams because it was so generic and focused on a Disney World trip, nothing to do with ours so I would have just answered Not Applicable to all the questions.

I got both surveys, but haven't had a chance to fill out either one. I definitely want to though. The ABD one came right after the trip on the 17th. You might want to check back through your e-mail. I would send you the link, but not until I am sure it isn't a "one-time use" thing.

The only gripe I gave to Matt and Dean, which I will repeat in the survey, is that they should allow you to extend your park tickets past the last day of the trip. You can extend your HOTEL - no problem, but not the ticket. I know that Disney's excuse would be "because it is ABD they get the tickets at a discount, and can't extend the tickets past the 4-day pass". However to me that is foolish. We would've probably stayed longer if I hadn't had to spend $250 (hopper price) for an 5th day in the park. And if you stay longer, what do you do? Spend more money. In my mind, they should not allow it, they should ADVERTISE that you can extend it.

Safe trip home Toni & Christine.

I agree with you Adam....most people just do not get this trip which is why it was great to travel with the lot of you guys who do get it!

I haven't gotten either survey & I really wanted to fill out especially the ABD one to sing Dean & Matt's praises.

Pete, I totally agree about the ticket extension being really ridiculous even though we did shell out the money for one more day but didn't get the hopper option to save that money. As much as you are paying for this trip it should be an option!

Excited to see the photos when they are up.

Now who to email to see about getting those surverys?

I just filled out my survey. I tried reusing the link - but they wouldn't let it go more than once. I was mostly very positive, but gave a few recommendations for improvement. Specifically as I've talked with others here, I commented that they should let people add days to their park ticket. I also thought the Disney Studio tour could've used more of a "backstage" aspect as opposed to mostly just looking at the outside of buildings. Of course, I think it suffered in comparison following Imagineering.

Hey everyone

Just checking in to say we are home :sad2:

It was like walking into a freezer, 5 degrees C, think thats in the 40's F, some of you may think thats not that cold for winter, but after the warm LA days it was a huge shock to the system.

Had to have a hot shower to warm the old bones, didnt want to get out but the water ran out so had too :lmao:

God I hate unpacking!!! I dont where the maid is, oh thats right she's gone home to her hubby and son :) I'm kidding really, Chris was wonderful and I couldnt have done it without her with my stuffed shoulder and hip causing me gyp all the way. Its weird being on my own again without anyone to talk to.

Anyway enough of my waffling - trying to stay awake to go to bed at normal time. Its 4.30pm Wednesday now. Pete my body is sure I lost 17 hours :rotfl: Sorry my friend - couldnt resist!!

take care all

I'm glad to hear that you and Christine made it home safely, Toni. Also, I'm clearly not Pete, but I think you should try to convince your body that you lost a day but then gained seven hours. ;)

Glad you & Christine made it home safe Toni. I still can't wrap my mind around the time difference but I know you must be exhausted!

It took me a week to recover after only 8 days in California and only a three hour time difference, if I were you, it'd take me a month. :rotfl2: Glad you made it back safely Toni and Christine.

When we went to Australia, it took more than a week to adjust properly. We arrived in Sydney mid-day and decided not to go to sleep. The time change wasn't unlike going to California. We wanted to go to bed early and work up at 4 AM.

The bigger problem wasn't the time change, it was the hemisphere change something I had never experience or thought about before. When you come from the US in the summer, you are used to the sun setting at 9 PM or later. Suddenly your somewhere where sunset is 5 PM. It took weeks to get mentally adjusted to 8 PM not feeling like it was the middle of the night because it had already been dark for 3 hours. Pretty much the whole 3 weeks we were there we were going to bed early because of that.

Don't know if you notice the same thing, Toni!

Edited: I'm wearing my Club 33 shirt today. Since no-one at work notices, I had to mention it here...

When we went to Australia, it took more than a week to adjust properly. We arrived in Sydney mid-day and decided not to go to sleep. The time change wasn't unlike going to California. We wanted to go to bed early and work up at 4 AM.

The bigger problem wasn't the time change, it was the hemisphere change something I had never experience or thought about before. When you come from the US in the summer, you are used to the sun setting at 9 PM or later. Suddenly your somewhere where sunset is 5 PM. It took weeks to get mentally adjusted to 8 PM not feeling like it was the middle of the night because it had already been dark for 3 hours. Pretty much the whole 3 weeks we were there we were going to bed early because of that.

Don't know if you notice the same thing, Toni!

Hey how is Ulana doing? Say hi

Edited: I'm wearing my Club 33 shirt today. Since no-one at work notices, I had to mention it here...

i know exactly what you mean Pete, I was determined to stay awake till normal bedtime last night but it being dark by 5pm hit hard and I was sound asleep in my chair at 7pm - My Mum turned up to stay the night and woke me up to go to bed :confused3 and all of a sudden it was 5am and I was wide awake and up again. I went out this morning to supermarket and was shivering - need to acclimatise again. More tired today than yesterday - so think it will take quite a few days to get with it again. Thankfully I dont return to work until next Thursday so can catch up on the sleep.

Yay to the Club 33 shirt - honestly fancy people not noticing :)

Hey has anyone tried the photos from ABD - it still says no pics there - seems strange as its nearly two weeks now - wondering if I am entering the code wrong.

Eric wore his last Friday & I asked if anyone asked about it & he said no. What is wrong with people? :confused3 :rotfl:

lets face it they are all uneducated ;) :rotfl2:

Actually I was telling a friend about it today and she knew where I was talking about but said when she went years ago (nearly 30 yrs) they were told by a castmember that it was the door to the Millionaires club, she always wondered why it had 33 on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter