*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

TDC Nala

1937, what a year that was
Welcome to the 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival thread. The Festival is scheduled to take place September 27 - November 11.

This thread is for discussion of and information about the 2013 Food and Wine Festival only. Please, no discussion of regular restaurant reservations, possible meets, comparing dates you're going, or off-topic chat.

The first post is where the links to festival information will be placed!

Events will be available for booking on August 13, 2013.

FESTIVAL GUIDEhttps://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...l/Food_Wine_Festival_Guide.pdf?20092013114227

Per Tables in Wonderland, EARLY BOOKING for CULINARY DEMONSTRATIONS, BEVERAGE SEMINARS AND MIXOLOGY ONLY opens on August 9, for TIW members, DVC members and AP holders (by phone only, not online)

CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT TO BOOK WHEN? SEE BOOKING TUTORIAL POST 565

Link to the Disney web page regarding the seminars and demonstrations (it appears this page will have a link for booking starting 8/13, and the schedules when they get them):

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-demonstrations-seminars/

Beverage seminars:
http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/members-msi/images/specialoffers/BeverageSeminars2013-080613.pdf

Culinary seminars:
http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/members-msi/images/specialoffers/CulinarySeminars2013-080713.pdf

Mixology:
http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/members-msi/images/specialoffers/MixologySeminars2013-080713.pdf

Yes, there will be a $2 discount on the seminars and demonstrations for AP/TIW/DVC on Mondays-Thursdays only.

Link to the Disney Food Blog's listings for the 2013 Special Events which will be available for booking on August 13:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-special-events/

Link to the Disney Food Blog's listings for the 2013 World Showcase Festival Marketplace Kiosks (no prices yet):

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-...val-marketplace-booths-menus-and-food-photos/

By popular demand, here is the list of ways you may pay for items at the Food and Wine Festival Marketplace Kiosks:

- Cash
- Credit or debit card
- Disney gift card (including the wristbanded special Festival gift card)
- Disney resort key card with charging privileges (We are anticipating use of tap-to-pay with RFID-enabled resort key cards that have PIN numbers established - or Magic Bands if you have them)
- Disney Visa reward dollars

Although it is not at this time official for 2013, we are anticipating that Disney Dining Plan snack credits will be accepted for all kiosk items with the exception of alcoholic beverages.

Here is the Eat to the Beat Concert lineup:

Sep. 27-29: Starship starring Mickey Thomas
Sep. 30-Oct. 1: Go-Gos
Oct. 2-4: Air Supply
Oct. 5-6: Sister Hazel
Oct. 7-9: Sugar Ray
Oct. 10-11: Edwin McCain
Oct. 12-13: The Manhattan Transfer
Oct. 14-15: Wilson Phillips
Oct. 16-17: Pointer Sisters
Oct. 18-20: Night Ranger
Oct. 21-23: Boyz II Men
Oct. 24-25: Survivor
Oct. 26-27: 38 Special
Oct. 28-30: Smash Mouth
Oct. 31-Nov. 1: Spin Doctors
Nov. 2-3: Christopher Cross
Nov. 4-5: Hanson
Nov. 6-8: Dennis DeYoung
Nov. 9-11: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

For information on the 2012 festival, and some new items leaking out about 2013, see reviews at
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

SWAN/DOLPHIN FOOD AND WINE CLASSIC

For those interested, here is the event website for the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic, October 18-19. This is a separate event, not affiliated with the Epcot festival.
http://www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/

I can't believe it's that time again to plan for Epcot Food & Wine! :thumbsup2

Here's the press release from WDW regarding the Scotland Marketplace and other interesting stuff:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Disney guests can sip and savor fresh flavors from six continents during the 18th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sept. 27-Nov. 11, 2013 at Walt Disney World Resort.

Disney chefs will debut the authentic tastes of Scotland at the celebrated 46-day festival known for innovative food, wine, beer, cocktails, music and entertainment. The sizzling aromas of more than 25 ethnic and specialized marketplaces including Africa, Brazil and Florida Local will tempt guests strolling the World Showcase Promenade. Celebrity chefs like Warren Brown and Jamie Deen will bring culinary cachet to special festival events and demonstrations.

Festival planners will present a delectable menu of premium programming, plus daily wine tastings and mixology seminars. Nightly Eat to the Beat concerts will keep the party rockin’, and five bands will make their festival debut this year. In Future World, the iconic Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog will return for a third year to introduce families to the cranberry’s rich agricultural heritage.

Fresh for 2013: New marketplace debuts; favorites return -Traditional flavors with a twist will pair with beers, meads and Scotch at the new Scotland Marketplace designed by Walt Disney Imagineering. Scottish officials were so impressed with the hit Disney film, “Brave,” that they contacted festival planners about participating in this year’s festival. The Brazil Marketplace returns by popular demand with an exciting new menu following a one-year hiatus. Hawai’i is back with its flavorful Kalua Pork Slider, and Terra, which debuted last year, returns with vegan favorite Trick’n Chicken Curry.

Fan favorites rock the house at Eat to the Beat! Concerts – “We Got the Beat” with the Go-Go’s (Sept. 30-Oct. 1) and four other musical acts are set to make first appearances at Eat to the Beat nightly concerts. Also new to the festival stage: Edwin McCain (Oct. 10-11), The Manhattan Transfer (Oct. 12-13), Spin Doctors (Oct. 31-Nov. 1), and Christopher Cross (Nov. 2-3) Nineteen bands are slated, with STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas kicking off the concert series Sept. 27-29. Returning fan favorites include The Pointer Sisters, Smash Mouth, Boyz II Men, Sister Hazel, Air Supply, Hanson and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

Celebrity chefs cook and dish - Renowned chefs like Warren Brown, Paula DaSilva, Gale Gand, Jamie Deen, Robert Irvine, Dean Max, Rock Harper, Jeff Henderson, Art Smith, Buddy Valastro, Allen Susser, “Cake Boy” Eric Lanlard, Duskie Estes and John Stewart, Donald Link, Bryan Voltaggio and Emily Ellyn share their talents during culinary demos and premium events.

Festival Welcome Center buzzes with activities – Guests can make the most of complimentary Authentic Taste seminars. Culinary demonstrations and wine seminars feature new tastes and sips for a nominal fee.

Reserved culinary events draw foodies — Special culinary programs showcase a lineup of renowned winemakers, guest chefs and speakers like Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson as they participate in elegant dinners, luncheons, seminars and wine schools.

Other festival highlights include:

•More than 270 chefs including Disney chefs and culinary stars from across the country
•A complimentary Marketplace Discovery Passport to be stamped at each international marketplace visited for the perfect scrapbook souvenir.
•Party for the Senses grand tasting events Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, and Nov. 2 featuring tempting bites from eminent chefs, more than 50 wines and beers and live entertainment.
•Premium events including “3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery on select Fridays, Cheese Seminars on Saturdays and Sweet Sundays on Sundays.

I am glad to see this :thumbsup2 I have been looking forward to this years Food and Wine festival since I left last years event! I am also really excited to see what the new Scotland Marketplace has to offer!

Is this actually a little early this year for the initial F&W info? ...

I love Scottish Ales, so I'm looking forward to the Scotland kiosk offerings. I would really like to see something from Orkney Brewing on the menu

We just came back from our first family trip to DW a few weeks ago.

As soon as we heard about the Food and Wine Fest, we knew we had to come back sans kids. We're hoping to celebrate our wedding anniversary there.

To you veterans, is there anything that you think first-timers to the fest should know (or you wish you had known)?

I've read that weekend are crowded. We can't get time off of work, so we'll be doing two full weekend days. Thus, we won't be able to take advantage of lower crowds mid-week. Should we be concerned?

Any strategies if we will be there long enough to close the park both Sat and Sun?

I've read that weekend are crowded. We can't get time off of work, so we'll be doing two full weekend days. Thus, we won't be able to take advantage of lower crowds mid-week. Should we be concerned?

Any strategies if we will be there long enough to close the park both Sat and Sun?

Saturday WILL be crowded. The only thing that might stop it will be bad weather. Get there when they open WS, hit as many booths as you can. After that, there will be long lines, and the longer you stay the thicker the crowds will get. The lines do move relatively quickly. Toward the evening there will be a lot of people walking around to wade through, especially around the World Showplace before the Party for the Senses (if you're there on a weekend they have one) and around the America Gardens Theater when the concerts let out. Sunday won't be uncrowded but it will not be as bad as Saturday.

This October will be our 5th visit to F&W. We love just eating and drinking our way around the world, making new friends and enjoying the time together. We have never done anything special like the seminars. DH is a beer drinker, and I'll do whatever :drinking1:
Any recommendations for us to attend??

Sep. 30-Oct. 1: Go-Go's

party:

Never seen the Go-Go's live, gotta relive the 80's any way I can, at least without a mullet :lmao:

Yay! As soon as I saw the initial information was out for F&W the next place I came to was here to find the sticky thread. Looking forward to planning for this year's trip! I'm hoping Robert Irvine is there again the same time we are for the 3rd year in a row. (Oct 23-31)

Never seen the Go-Go's live, gotta relive the 80's any way I can, at least without a mullet :lmao:

Wish I could see them but I'm not going until 10/20. ....and the other band I'd like to see, 38 Special, is performing the day I head home. :sad:

Subscribing - favorite thread of the year

We will be in EPCOT on the 12th and the afternoons of the 14th and 17th so will be able to see The Manhattan Transfer, ????, and The Pointer Sisters respectively. Hopefully "????" turns out to be something good - not that interested in the other two (not that they are bad, just don't interest me)

Also looking forward to more event announcements

Hoping they again have the tequila lunch - or at least something tequila themed ;)

I've seen persistent rumors that the last week will have a repeat of last year's schedule with Dennis DeYoung and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, but I can't confirm that from either's website yet.

I've seen persistent rumors that the last week will have a repeat of last year's schedule with Dennis DeYoung and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, but I can't confirm that from either's website yet.

Any rumors on who will be scheduled from 10/20 through 10/26? Last year, Hanson and the Pointer Sisters where scheduled during this week.

I can't wait to see what Hanson's dates are! Based on their schedule, it's going to be between October 21-25 or November 4-6. So, probably the same as last year (October 22-23) or right around there.

I'm glad to see this thread! I looked for it over the weekend but I guess I was too soon.

To the person who asked tips for a newbie. Dont make dining reservations on the days you plan to visit the kiosks.

party:

I'm going to have to google to find out if I know their music. The 80's was the decade that I turned off the radio.

Air Supply is playing between 2 - 4 September. I love this band....but I think there is something rather ironic about the fact that I'm flying nearly 10,000 miles to go see an Australian band.

I'm all out of love!

:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts