*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

We went 3 times (last on Sat Nov 9th) and loved every minute of it! I thought the food kiosks did a better job this year keeping things fresh, crisp, warm etc.!

Faves:

Tuna Poke, Hawaii, Loved the Golden Wave Ale Beer (?)
Beef w/ Chimichurri, Argentina and I think a Malbec
Roast Pork Lettuce Wrap w. Kimchee, South Korea
Australia, Lamb Chop
Japan, Salmon & Tuna Spicy Roll, Sapporo
Escargot, France w/ Kronenbourg Blanche (in 3 trips, I ate several of these tasty little puppies! Lait au Chocolat Crème Brulee
Kafta Burger, Morocco

Biggest disappointments:

Greece (Marinated Calamari could have been marinated rubber) and the cheese booth (I did like the Pinot & the Brie)!

Looking forward to next year!

It could be November 9. Used to end on a Sunday until they started adding Monday in the last couple of years to accommodate the Veterans Day holiday. In 2014, Veterans Day is on Tuesday. Can't see them extending until Tuesday.

Also won't be going back to the Italian Regional. French, yes, but not champagne. I'd do the Via Napoli beer paring though if I could.

We did two French regionals along with the Italy lunch and Italy beer pairing...next year the Italy lunch is out for us too - light on the pours and you had to beg for more. French regional and Italy beer pairing both had plenty of refills and we hope to book again next year.

I'm not sure we'll be going back to F&W next year. We had a good time, but it was hotter than I ever remember it and the crowds after the first 10 days were much, much larger than I remember. Those things usually don't affect me, but maybe my age is catching up with me.

My faves were ALL the beer, the mussels in New Zealand, and just about everything else. I didn't have anything I didn't like. I can say though that 28 days was a bit too much.

ETA: My favorite event was the Parisian Breakfast - it had special significance for us.

I'm not sure we'll be going back to F&W next year. We had a good time, but it was hotter than I ever remember it and the crowds after the first 10 days were much, much larger than I remember. Those things usually don't affect me, but maybe my age is catching up with me.

My faves were ALL the beer, the mussels in New Zealand, and just about everything else. I didn't have anything I didn't like. I can say though that 28 days was a bit too much.

ETA: My favorite event was the Parisian Breakfast - it had special significance for us.

Yeah, I kind of thinking I'd feel the same way. I was there for ten days and it was enough for me.

I wish they changed more of the food items year to year. Maybe I'm mistaken and there are more changes, but I think from what I've read, the menus don't change much. I would be more likely to go next year if there were more new items to try. Otherwise, it will be a few years for me, I think.

This was our first trip during F&W and I have to say we had an absolute BLAST, but the crowds really were quite something!! (we usually just go in January every year, when crowds are low and the weather is cooler)
We already have plans to return next year BUT I cant imagine we will keep returning if there aren't meaningful changes from year to year.
We only had one thing that we disliked so much that we threw it away and this was the spanakopita. We like spanakopita but this one was awful, dripping with grease, blechkk!!
Some of our favorites were the grapefruit beer, the golden wave ale, and frozen drink from Brazil. The pork belly, lobster roll, chowder, teriyaki chicken hand roll, griddled cheese, pork sliders, pistachio and cherry mousse, any many more I'm sure I have left out!

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the top items sold (in terms of # units not $) were:

1) Filet - Canada
2) Kalua Pork Slider - Hawaii
3) Beef Skewer - Argentina
4) Beef Empanada - Argentina
5) Cheddar Cheese Soup - Canada

And a BIG THANK YOU to TDCNala for organizing and monitoring this thread. I used this thread extensively in planning our F&W trip, and felt much more knowledgeable about the whole process. Now, rest up and we'll look forward to seeing you here again next year. THANKS! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

And on that (thanks Diane) I think it is time to unstick the thread. I hate unsticking the thread every year!

Tune in next year, same Bat time, same Bat channel.

Have the dates been set yet for next year's event? My sister and I just realized that we REALLY want to go to this next year. It's surprising we've never been before.

:) Karen

Have the dates been set yet for next year's event? My sister and I just realized that we REALLY want to go to this next year. It's surprising we've never been before. :) Karen

The dates are the same plus or minus a day. It usually begins around sept 27 and goes they Veterans Day weekend.

Have the dates been set yet for next year's event? My sister and I just realized that we REALLY want to go to this next year. It's surprising we've never been before.

:) Karen

The Festival begins the last Friday (although some of the kiosks open on Thursday) of September and continues to Veteran's Day in November. :yay:

Sorry, no actual dates yet. But it's probably September 26 - November 9.

We also don't know if it will be continued all the way through Veteran's Day when the holiday is not a Monday (next year it's Tuesday.)

The only years it's been extended a day (to end on Monday instead of Sunday) were 2012 and 2013. Both years, the holiday was Monday.

Sorry, no actual dates yet. But it's probably September 26 - November 9.

We also don't know if it will be continued all the way through Veteran's Day when the holiday is not a Monday (next year it's Tuesday.)

The only years it's been extended a day (to end on Monday instead of Sunday) were 2012 and 2013. Both years, the holiday was Monday.

Thanks TDC Nala--got sloppy and didn't check the 2014 calendar--I should have indicated the Sunday before Veteran's Day--for some reason I always think of Veteran's Day as being on a Monday. :headache:

Did anyone happen to get pictures of the food during the kitchen memories with Bryan and Michael Voltaggio? My camera decided the food looked so good it would eat it too...disk failure ugh!

I seem to be missing it. Where is the official 2014 thread? I need to know about this years 3D party!!! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!