*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

I need to find out if I can take food and wine fest food outside of Epcot.

Can I take the food samples out if I bring in a tupper ware container?
We've taken food from the F&W booths back to our room at BWV. The booths don't have "to go" containers but they will give you a second paper tray (the same one they use to serve the food) that you can use as a loose cover. It was a bit of a challenge to keep the "lid" on as we made our way through the crowd but we managed to get everything back to BWV. Real containers with proper lids and a flat bottomed bag to transport them would have made this easier but we managed.

And don't worry -- no one will ask you for an explanation as to why you want to take some of the food home instead of eating it in the park. There is no reason to be embarrassed. I think it's a nice thing to do for your grandmother.

Attended PFTS last Saturday and had a great time even in General Admission. We did arrive early with another couple we met at the concert and shared a table with them.

We were staying off site so chose to take a taxi home from Beach Club. As we were waiting, we noticed an unmarked small private bus loading about 20 passengers that all appeared to from the Wine View Lounge (they all had the gift bags that I remembered from WVL last year.) A cast member stood at the bus doors and then drove it away.

Any ideas of who this group could be? Disney VIPs of some kind? Execs?

Thank you to all that answered my question. Good news is that we were able to figure out a way for her to go! :)

Now hopefully the weather will hold out for us.

But I will keep that in mind just in case we can't get to everything she has on her list today due to the weather.

Thanks again! :)

Trip Report from Saturday Nov 2nd.

Started off cold and rainy. We were able to take my Nana and she enjoyed herself very much.

She's an old southern lady and to my surprise I think her favorite item was from Africa.

The Berbere Style Beef wuth Onions, Jalopenos, Tomato, Okra and Pap.
She doesn't like spicy but she loved this and wants to make a version of it at home. She loved the sauce, Okra is one of her favorites and she likened the Pap to grits.

Other stand outs for her were:
The Pork Belly from Brazil
The Empanada and the Beef Skewer from Argentina - Our empananda had a good amount of filling, so i think some or more filled than others.
All 3 items from Germany
Zapiekanki - (mushroom cheesebread) from Poland
Berry Compote Waffle from Belgium
Escargot in France

She wears dentures and said the Filet Mignon in Canada was too chewy. It was much more tender last year, though she did like the sauce and the mushrooms.

Despite the rain, which settled down at points we had a lot of fun.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I got my Nana to try a California Roll at the Japan Booth.

The avocado in it was not ripe at all. She said it was just okay. I couldn't believe they would serve it with avocado that was so unripe you couldn't bite into it.

Sigh. I'll have to get her to try the California roll at my favorite sushi place in town. It is much better.

About to start day 3 of our trip and wanted to provide some updates.

The cheese seminar was wonderful! Rouge Valley had some phenomenal cheeses to share. Wines were good too, but better without the cheese.

Grand Marnier tasting was fun with interesting information. I still don't care for it though.

This year's PftS was ok. Very little stood out as being exceptional. Ahi was great, but I love that anyway. Hot Toddy was AMAZING! Crowd was ok.

French Regional Lunch was phenomenal. Ours was served with 4 champagnes. Mmmm! Filet melted in you mouth. Wow. I would do that one again. Champagne Wayne was amusing.

Lamb Culinary Demo later today. Will report back about that.

Scotland salmon and Canadas sparkling Niege favorites so far, but Scotland to Canada is as far as we have gotten!

Trip Report from Saturday Nov 2nd.

Started off cold and rainy. We were able to take my Nana and she enjoyed herself very much.

She's an old southern lady and to my surprise I think her favorite item was from Africa.

The Berbere Style Beef wuth Onions, Jalopenos, Tomato, Okra and Pap.
She doesn't like spicy but she loved this and wants to make a version of it at home. She loved the sauce, Okra is one of her favorites and she likened the Pap to grits.

Other stand outs for her were:
The Pork Belly from Brazil
The Empanada and the Beef Skewer from Argentina - Our empananda had a good amount of filling, so i think some or more filled than others.
All 3 items from Germany
Zapiekanki - (mushroom cheesebread) from Poland
Berry Compote Waffle from Belgium
Escargot in France

She wears dentures and said the Filet Mignon in Canada was too chewy. It was much more tender last year, though she did like the sauce and the mushrooms.

Despite the rain, which settled down at points we had a lot of fun.

I loved the Pork Belly.

I loved the Pork Belly.

She's on a permanent heart healthy diet and doesn't get many chances to eat salty foods. She got to splurge and loved the pork belly. She hasn't had something like that in a long time and it brought a smile to her face.

The Pork Belly seems to be a big hit this year. I haven't met anyone who didn't like it.

So yesterday we did one of the culinary demonstrations for the first time. Mahi Mahi prepared by Chef TJ from the Grand Floridian. The mahi was excellent, but we weren't really into the cooking demo thing like other attendees. I would rather do a wine seminar. It was only 45 min though, so easy to sit through.

EP was super crowded yesterday evening, but oddly, lines for the food booths were short. Hmm. The chicken roll in Morocco was the only stand out for both of us. The sides were wonderful. New Zealand was a hit, but only because I liked the spicy lamb meatball, which was huge, and tasting buddy loved the venison sausage.

We made it to hops and barley last night, only to be very disappointed to find out the festival had already used the ENTIRE stock of Rogue River Chocolate Stout! Before last week even! Disappointing, to say the least.

Today we have the daunting task of getting all the way to Africa, through Italy and Germany, in about three hours. Will update tomorrow on our level of success.

We made it to hops and barley last night, only to be very disappointed to find out the festival had already used the ENTIRE stock of Rogue River Chocolate Stout! Before last week even! Disappointing, to say the least.

Odd ... I was there both Friday and Saturday and they were serving the Chocolate Stout. I had it on Friday night and a friend that was with us tried it on Saturday night.

To be honest though, you didn't miss much as I found it VERY bitter and not pleasant at all.

It is not unusual for some of the beers to run out before the last weekend.

We has reserve seating for our first try at PFTS. I was stunned at the disorganization of check-in. We arrived early to find no sign directing us where to go. The CMs were overwhelmed. When we finally got into the right line, we stood for 20 minutes while ONE CM checked in all reserved seating. She eventually got some helpers to put on wrist bands.
I know we didn't spring for Wine View, but I thought that reserved seating would have kept us from feeling like cattle.
The food was good, not great. For over $300 a couple, we expected more and having done it once, we will not return. Just one more disappointment in a snake-bit trip.

Agreed on the reserved check-in. This was the worse I've seen (Oct 26 PFTS). No way were we seated by 7:15PM either. We were happy with the food and drink choices - 2 1/2 hours goes by too fast to get to everything - wish they would set it back to three hours.

For what its worth at this late date, here are my favorites:

Kimchi dog (I was shocked at how much I loved this :goodvibes).
Pork Belly
Belgian Waffle
Also, the frozen drink at South Korea - sweet, but good.

And the Parisian Breakfast was amazing :love:. I felt completely spoiled.

We also did the 3D dessert party - much better than I expected, and it really wasn't so bad to not have the sweet seats. We lined up a little more than a half hour early, sat down on the floor, and had no trouble getting seats. We sat with a nice couple on their anniversary trip. I was stunned by how much food and alcohol was there - my expectations were not that high, so it was a wonderful surprise for me.

For what its worth at this late date, here are my favorites:

Kimchi dog (I was shocked at how much I loved this :goodvibes).
Pork Belly
Belgian Waffle
Also, the frozen drink at South Korea - sweet, but good.

And the Parisian Breakfast was amazing :love:. I felt completely spoiled.

We also did the 3D dessert party - much better than I expected, and it really wasn't so bad to not have the sweet seats. We lined up a little more than a half hour early, sat down on the floor, and had no trouble getting seats. We sat with a nice couple on their anniversary trip. I was stunned by how much food and alcohol was there - my expectations were not that high, so it was a wonderful surprise for me.

Which Belgium Waffle? They had 3 different types.

Which Belgium Waffle? They had 3 different types.

Is there any kind but chocolate :goodvibes? Sorry, I should have specified. I probably should have tried the one with berries, but darn, there's only so much I can get down!

There was a photographer at all the events. Does anybody know where the pictures are posted? No one seemed to be presented with one of the photo pass cards. My wife was the one who noticed but she never asked him either.:confused3

If you mean the guy with the beard who photographs most of the events, I do not believe his photos are accessible to the public. I'm certain Disney uses them for promotional purposes.

Just back. I couldn't get enough of the meat on a stick from Argentina and the lemongrass chicken curry in Singapore.

It is really easy to spend some coin, especially with the magic band. It is truly magical how quickly the money goes. I treated a friend one afternoon and that was a $200 day!

Just back. I couldn't get enough of the meat on a stick from Argentina and the lemongrass chicken curry in Singapore.

It is really easy to spend some coin, especially with the magic band. It is truly magical how quickly the money goes. I treated a friend one afternoon and that was a $200 day!

The DBF and I each spent close to $100per day at the Festival
:eek:

We cant manage to spend even $100 between the two of us! I guess if we spent ALL day there instead of just a tour around the booths each time we go? Going again tonight and tomorrow, A LOT more things we want to try.
Faves so far, the frozen drink & pork belly in Brazil, the dessert trio, the sangria, shrimp and rib eye tacos in Mexico, the lobster roll & Oktoberfest from hops & barley, and the filet from Canada. Everything we tried has been good, with the exception of the kimchee dog which was ok but just TOO spicy. On the list for tonight, China, Cheese, Germany, Italy, France, Hawaii & Scottland. We already have an idea of what we are getting and it is about $75. We will waddle away, how do others manage to try so much more?:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts