2013 honeymoon itinerary thoughts and suggestions???

disnmooner2013

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Disney World this June staying at Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon Room w/ Club Level. To make things even better we just got a HUGE savings on our room with the 20% room discount :dance3: :cool1:. Listed below is our day by day itinerary. Please let me know of your thoughts; and any ideas to make trip even more unforgettable and romantic. The only thing that is out is a fire works cruise.

Monday: day at Wilderness Lodge - Check-in around 11 am :yay:. Surprise my wife to be to ears to the bride and groom package from disneyflorist.com in the room :goodvibes, get celebration buttons, and spend afternoon exploring Wilderness Lodge and swimming; Sanaa dinner (5:00 PM res - hopeful to get window table to view animals). After dinner; shopping at Boardwalk then shopping at Downtown Disney.

Tuesday: day at Hollywood Studios - breakfast at Roaring Fork (7:00 AM breakfast); lunch at Mama Melroses (12:15 PM res); Boatwright's dinner (7:45 PM res); after dinner Carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside (9:00 PM res). Then take boat to Downtown Disney for Characters in Flight hot air balloon ride.

Wednesday: day at Magic Kingdom - breakfast at Crystal Palace (8:30 AM res) have someone take our picture at the rose garden before breakfast; lunch at Columbia Harbour House (12:30 PM lunch): dinner at Kona Cafe (7:40 PM res); then watch Wishes from hammock at Polynesian Beach.

Thursday: day at Epcot - lunch at Via Napoli (11:30 AM res); dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse (6:00 PM res) Watch Illuminations from World Showcase (probably France). See below for follow-up questions.

Friday: Wilderness Lodge resort day - breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe (9:00 AM res). Rent Surrey bikes; then pontoon boat in the morning. In the afternoon lunch at Roaring Fork (1:00 PM lunch), massages at Sturdy Branches, and swim at pool. Dinner at Narcoossee's (7:55 PM res) watch Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from either the restaurant or the Grand Floridian Marina.

Saturday: day at Animal Kingdom - breakfast at Roaring Fork (7:00 AM breakfast); lunch at Rain Forest Cafe (11:30 AM lunch). Dinner at Cape May Cafe (5:50 PM res); or considering Bluezoo. After dinner; walk over to Jelly Rolls for evening entertainment.

Sunday: late breakfast at Kona Cafe (10:35 AM res). Early Afternoon at WL pool and hot tub. I am surprising my wife to be with our last dinner at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table :lovestruc :goodvibes :dance3: . After dinner, walk around Grand Floridian.

Monday: morning and early afternoon at Epcot - lunch at Teppan Edo (our last meal in Disney World :( :sad: ).

Do you suggest :confused3: For Saturday evening considering switching ADR from Cape May Cafe to Bluezoo; which would you do? For the best Filet Mignon and New York Strip and wine and Pina Coladas should we go to Le Cellier, Yachtsman Steakhouse, or Shulas? I have switched my Thursday Dinner ADR from a 4:45 PM ADR at Le Cellier to a 6 PM ADR at Yachtsman Steahouse; since Le Cellier the tables are too close together and afraid we would have no privacy. Please still give your opinion on which of the three steakhouses you would suggest for the above criteria. We are not on the dining plan. Where is the best spot to view Illuminations in World Showcase (leaning towards viewing it from France)? Should we watch Wishes twice from both Polynesian Beach (Wednesday evening) and from Narcoossee's (Friday evening)? If not worth watching twice, which would you recommend? Any other suggestions to make this honeymoon most romantic and unforgettable (just not going to do fireworks cruise)?

my husband and i go to Fulton's crabhouse eveytime we go to Disney. I love the resturant, service is great and food is always delicous!! its a really romantic location looking out on the water and having a glass of wine. If you go I would request to sit at the front of the boat or outside on the front if its not to hot.

Thank you for the response Wish Upon A Star 520. I was torn on whether to go to Narcoossee's or Fulton's on Friday Night. I asked AJ from dinseyfoodblog.com her suggestion. She suggested to definitely go to Narcoossee's. So we are not going to go to Fulton's Crab House.

Hi,

All sound wonderful :) Bit unsure on Narcoosees though, I went there for my birthday one year- they shoved us on a table for 2 by the door- we asked to move and said we would wait by the bar until a table was available, no problem. Were then seated at a lovely window seat- however, we like nice food- I would say it was good but not mind blowing. Also when the fireworks started everyone stands outside so we couldn't see hardly anything-we were eating and other guests were stood in front of our view. Fultons has better seafood choices if that is what you like, and is pretty lit up- spent another birthday meal there. However it's no where near as ambient as Sanaa in the evening- we had such a good night there and the resort is so nice lit up at night, very romantic! After our meal we grabbed some drinks and chilled in one of the quiet areas- was perfect :) Cali grill is also fab as is Jiko at AKL, really good atmosphere food and service.
Another cool thing to do is parasail in the contemporary- we went up tandem- I'm afraid of heights and was petrified! However we laughed so much when we got back on ground- I booked it as a surprise for my other half and he still talks about it! Not quite a candlelit dinner tho! :)

I have read through your plans and you have given me some great ideas/plans of my own! We'll be Disneymooning in September 2013. As far as parasailing goes, it is $170-$195 for a tandem flight.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have read through your plans and you have given me some great ideas/plans of my own! We'll be Disneymooning in September 2013. As far as parasailing goes, it is $170-$195 for a tandem flight.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks for the cost information on para sailing. I am glad to have given you ideas to help plan your Disneymoon.

We are on our Disneymoon as I type. And we went to a few of the places you are planning so I thought I would give my thoughts on them.
Narcosees- We had a 730 ADR which was perfect. We had apps and drinks and when Wishes started at 8 we went out on the patio with our drinks. It was a great view and felt very romantic. When we returned to our table we waited just a few minutes and our dinner arrived. I had the filet with lobster tail, my husband had the New York strip with lobster tail. It was all really good. My husband wasn't a fan of the potatoes, he said they were sweet but I liked them. Dessert was delicious. We had some sort of coconut Creme brûlée and they had white chocolate pieces that said congratulations on them. We also got special menus to keep which I thought was great since I do a bit of scrapbooking.

Now, your choice between BOG and the luau just makes me sad. We've done both this trip and loved each experience. BOG was my must do and it didn't fail. It's just beautiful. And the food was so good. We are planning on trying the lunch service on one of our last days. Maybe that's an option? As for the luau, that was my husbands must do. He is a Pacific Islander and a sucker for all things luau and the all you care to eat didn't hurt either. I, on the other hand, wasn't particularly looking forward to it, but I was so glad we did. It was so much fun. Cheesy, yes, but you're at Disney, what do you expect? We were upgraded when we arrived so we got a much better seat than what we booked with the dining plan. The food was tasty. The all you care to drink beer and wine was lacking so we ordered fancy tropical drinks. We both had huge smiles the whole time. The show is so much fun and the fire dancer is just outstanding.

I know that's not much help but sounds like you have the rest of the trip well planned out. Don't forget to relax! We are doing much more sleeping in than normal which has been quiet nice.

We are on our Disneymoon as I type. And we went to a few of the places you are planning so I thought I would give my thoughts on them.
Narcosees- We had a 730 ADR which was perfect. We had apps and drinks and when Wishes started at 8 we went out on the patio with our drinks. It was a great view and felt very romantic. When we returned to our table we waited just a few minutes and our dinner arrived. I had the filet with lobster tail, my husband had the New York strip with lobster tail. It was all really good. My husband wasn't a fan of the potatoes, he said they were sweet but I liked them. Dessert was delicious. We had some sort of coconut Creme brûlée and they had white chocolate pieces that said congratulations on them. We also got special menus to keep which I thought was great since I do a bit of scrapbooking.

Now, your choice between BOG and the luau just makes me sad. We've done both this trip and loved each experience. BOG was my must do and it didn't fail. It's just beautiful. And the food was so good. We are planning on trying the lunch service on one of our last days. Maybe that's an option? As for the luau, that was my husbands must do. He is a Pacific Islander and a sucker for all things luau and the all you care to eat didn't hurt either. I, on the other hand, wasn't particularly looking forward to it, but I was so glad we did. It was so much fun. Cheesy, yes, but you're at Disney, what do you expect? We were upgraded when we arrived so we got a much better seat than what we booked with the dining plan. The food was tasty. The all you care to drink beer and wine was lacking so we ordered fancy tropical drinks. We both had huge smiles the whole time. The show is so much fun and the fire dancer is just outstanding.

I know that's not much help but sounds like you have the rest of the trip well planned out. Don't forget to relax! We are doing much more sleeping in than normal which has been quiet nice.

Thanks so much Penguin312. Have a great rest of your honeymoon.

Thank you to those who have made suggestions so far. I have been given some suggestions to add more relaxation time into my itinerary. I have taken this into account along with being given the suggestion that on Monday our RFC and Sanaa ADRs were too close together:thumbsup2. I am updating my plan. I am canceling our 1:30 PM ADR at RFC on Monday and are not going to go to Animal Kingdom at all on Monday. We will get into Disney World in the late morning Monday. We will spend the afternoon relaxing and exploring Wilderness Lodge. We will still keep Sanaa dinner reservation. I have changed my Thursday dinner ADR from a 4:45 PM res at Le Cellier to a 6:00 PM res at Yachtsman Steakhouse. The tipping point was that at Le Cellier I was worried about the closeness of the tables. We are also no longer going to go to Blizzard Beach. Instead on Saturday, we are going to Animal Kingdom. I have made an 11:30 am ADR for lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. Saturday evening plans remain the same. Sunday we will sleep in and go to a late breakfast at 10:35 am at Kona Cafe. Then go back to the hotel and swim in the pool and relax :beach: until time to get ready for V&A Chef Table dinner. i have updated my original post with the changes that I have made. Please keep the helpful thoughts and suggestions coming.

disnmooner2013 said:
Thank you to those who have made suggestions so far. I have been given some suggestions to add more relaxation time into my itinerary. I have taken this into account along with being given the suggestion that on Monday our RFC and Sanaa ADRs were too close together:thumbsup2. I am updating my plan. I am canceling our 1:30 PM ADR at RFC on Monday and are not going to go to Animal Kingdom at all on Monday. We will get into Disney World in the late morning Monday. We will spend the afternoon relaxing and exploring Wilderness Lodge. We will still keep Sanaa dinner reservation. I have changed my Thursday dinner ADR from a 4:45 PM res at Le Cellier to a 6:00 PM res at Yachtsman Steakhouse. The tipping point was that at Le Cellier I was worried about the closeness of the tables. We are also no longer going to go to Blizzard Beach. Instead on Saturday, we are going to Animal Kingdom. I have made an 11:30 am ADR for lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. Saturday evening plans remain the same. Sunday we will sleep in and go to a late breakfast at 10:35 am at Kona Cafe. Then go back to the hotel and swim in the pool and relax :beach: until time to get ready for V&A Chef Table dinner. i have updated my original post with the changes that I have made. Please keep the helpful thoughts and suggestions coming.

I noticed you have a carriage ride at port Orleans but I remember reading somewhere that wilderness lodge or fort wilderness has some during wishes and the fireworks are visible, might be something nice to look into since it's your home resort anyway!

I noticed you have a carriage ride at port Orleans but I remember reading somewhere that wilderness lodge or fort wilderness has some during wishes and the fireworks are visible, might be something nice to look into since it's your home resort anyway!

I did not know you could see some of Wishes on the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. I was told that the carriage ride at Port Orleans was more romantic, since it goes along the Sassogula river there. I will look into this though. Thanks mashmeloh.

Apologies - posted to wrong thread. Congratulations - you seem much more organised than we are for our DisneyMoon in August!

Changed Wednesday Evening from Spirit of Aloha to Kona Cafe then watch Wishes from hammock at Polynesian Beach

We are going to get bride and groom hats. Thinking about getting them in the ears to bride and groom package from disneyflorist.com. If they will personalize them with our names at no extra charge. This package is $81. However, it comes with bride and groom mouse ears, bottle of sparkling fruit juice, and two Mickey Mouse etched champagne flutes. It also comes with a Mickey milk chocolate candy box. What do you think of this idea? pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter