2014 charity groups question

huskies90

DIS Veteran
I was hoping to run my first run disney event in Nov but as we all know, it sold out before I could blink. Has anyone ever joined a charity group to get a race entry? Some allow for multiple runners (a team?) which lowers the minimum fund raiser amount. Anyone else on disboards who missed getting an entry want to form a team for the wine and dine half marathon? (Hope it is ok to ask that on this forum). This is all new for me.

I was hoping to run my first run disney event in Nov but as we all know, it sold out before I could blink. Has anyone ever joined a charity group to get a race entry? Some allow for multiple runners (a team?) which lowers the minimum fund raiser amount. Anyone else on disboards who missed getting an entry want to form a team for the wine and dine half marathon? (Hope it is ok to ask that on this forum). This is all new for me.

My family runs several races with a charity organization each year. I also have a lot of friends who run various races through a charity program. The group we raise money for allows teams to be formed for morale, but each member is still held accountable for their required minimum fundraising. I think most organizations are set up this way. Each person on the team still needs a registration for an entry into the race.

If you go on the Wine and Dine page, look under registration information. On the bottom is a list of links for charity groups that are doing the W&D. Two of them listed are also sold out of entries. You can look further into those listed to see if any would work for you. Best wishes!

That is where I got my information - on the run Disney wine and dine official site. One of the charities, has this staggered fundraising minimum --> 1 runner $1250, 2 runners $2000... up to 5 runners $4000. So if I can get 3 other people (I already have a friend who said she would join in) the fundraising minimum is only $800. And that includes your race reg and 2 nights in a disney hotel. I think I can raise that much (or pay donate myself).

I got a spot for the wine and dine half thru Save the Children. I found the link on rundisney when I went to sign up for the half and found it was sold out. I have to raise a $1000 and had to pay for my entrance fee to the race. I love running for a charity, gives my running more meaning beyond myself. I ran the tower of tower 10 miler for autism speaks and had to raise $750 which was easier that I thought it would be. I want to run for LLS for my next race, my husband had two forms of leukemia so that charity is very near and ear to my heart. If they had entries to the wine and dine half I would have jumped on that one first.

That is where I got my information - on the run Disney wine and dine official site. One of the charities, has this staggered fundraising minimum --> 1 runner $1250, 2 runners $2000... up to 5 runners $4000. So if I can get 3 other people (I already have a friend who said she would join in) the fundraising minimum is only $800. And that includes your race reg and 2 nights in a disney hotel. I think I can raise that much (or pay donate myself).

That's a great deal then, and makes sense to offer an incentive to get more runners to raise money for them! Hope you are able to form a team!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter