2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

FFigawi

DIS Veteran
Just read on the Interwebs that the half at Disneyland Paris was announced at the Princess start this morning. Race weekend is Sept 23-26, 2016. It's about damn time. :)

Why not create a World Showcase type of medal when they create a half at every park worldwide. ::yes::

I'm on a facebook page where we are discussing this. I didn't run princess this year, but saw people posting about the announcement on the RunDisney Facebook page. I asked on the other facebook page (not the official RunDisney one) why they don't have it on the RunDisney twitter account, website, etc. Someone suggested that it might be run by a different company, not RunDisney.

How do you all feel about that? Generally, I'm reluctant to sign up for any inaugural races-especially one that will cost so much money. I did do the Star Wars and Avengers halves in the past few months--but only because they were RunDisney and I know they know how to put on a great race.

Have you all heard that it might be a different race company, and how do you feel about it?

I am currently planning to skip Dopey and marathon weekend in 2016, but if they announce any kind of special continental medal challenge before registration opens, I may be compelled to go for it!

About freakin time!
Cant wait for this.
They are gonna need a Coast to Coast to Coast medal.

OMG. We were planning for France for our 10-year anniversary next year ... maybe we'll just plan it for September instead of July!

My DW and I honeymooned in Paris 17 years ago....might be a great way to celebrate our 18 year anniversary! I just might do this one!

My sister and I are seriously considering taking part. It is great for us Europeans if there is a Disney race here as well!

Someone suggested that it might be run by a different company, not RunDisney.

They might go with an established European company that has experience to put on races in Europe. I think it might useful if the company has experience with suppliers etc. in Europe.

Late 2016...I might actually be able to swing this. I signed up for the e-mail notification to find out more.

I've signed up for more information, but I doubt we'll be able to make it. After a few trips to the US in quick succession, our travel budget will definitely be on the low side next year. And Europe is even further and more expensive to get to than the US lol! Not much change out of $2000 each just for airfares from here.

Would be awesome though - that is my birthday weekend! And DLP is beautiful.

I'm hanging out for them to announce one at HKDL! It's still expensive, but at least it's doable for an extended long weekend.

I'm now trying to decide between keeping my Dopey streak in perfect form or to spend a week in Paris and do this run. I hate that money doesn't grow on a tree in my backyard.

I'm planning to run both Dopey Challenge and Star Wars Weekend next year but now i can't miss this new race. I live in Italy near french border and with an hour flight i'm in Paris.
I hope there will be some kind on Intercontinental Medal....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!