2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

I just got a survey emailed to me about the event.

The most interesting question I found to be:
"What would your interest level be with each of the following themes for a 2017 Half Marathon Weekend Disneyland Paris - Val d'Europe race?
•A Princess Theme
•A Star Wars Theme
•A Villains Theme
•A 25th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris Theme"

I just got a survey emailed to me about the event.

The most interesting question I found to be:
"What would your interest level be with each of the following themes for a 2017 Half Marathon Weekend Disneyland Paris - Val d'Europe race?
•A Princess Theme
•A Star Wars Theme
•A Villains Theme
•A 25th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris Theme"

Also enjoyed the questions about Marathon, Night races, obstacle races and figuring out what time of year.

Just got back from Paris. I thought the races were great. I loved the courses for the 5k and the half and that there were so many characters out in the parks. I also loved how deserted the parks were later in the week. I wish World was like that every time I went! :earboy2:

Though I will say that I was really mad after waiting in line for Remy for Emile for 20+ minutes, only for them to walk away. >:( There were about 10-15 people ahead of us at that point and at least 50 behind us. If they were going to pull characters, they really should have cut off the line. People started booing (loudly); there was one of the film crews there at the time, which I thought was rather amusing. Hope someone at runDisney sees that video. Also, at some stops, the cast members would take pictures with your phone and other places they wouldn't. I didn't get a picture on my phone with Marie because the cast member refused. To be fair, I was more annoyed that they pulled away Berlioz and Toulouse right before my picture and I was stuck with Marie. (I also had to wait when it was my turn so another cast member could fix Marie's bow. Although it was so cute that Marie kept trying to tickle her and then fluffing up her own fur. She's so high maintenance! :P) It was rather annoying, but for the most part, people in line just passed their phone to the person behind them.

Rest of my trip was only so-so (remind me who thought spending an entire week with my mom would be a good idea?!) :eek: I don't think I'll do the Paris race again, but I'm so glad I got the chance to do it this year.

p.s. @dancingtodisney I saw you guys on the big screen before the 5k started! We were about 8 rows of people behind you. Wish I could have made my way up to say hi!

Has anyone been able to see their race photos yet? My understanding was that we could enter our bib number on the photopass site, but it wants a 4-digit number and our bib numbers are 5-digits.

Has anyone been able to see their race photos yet? My understanding was that we could enter our bib number on the photopass site, but it wants a 4-digit number and our bib numbers are 5-digits.
What page are you looking at where you can enter numbers? Like the poster above I'm still only getting the 'photos coming soon' message on the page at www.run.disneyphotopass.eu which is the website on the photo pass we were told to go to. Getting antsy as they scanned hubby's 5k bib and we were told we would have to manually enter his 1/2 number. Even if the photos weren't ready yet I think it would give us all peace of mind if we could even just link the bibs rather than continuing to see a 'waiting' page

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one wondering where the PhotoPass pics are. Was anyone else disappointed with the lack of photographers on Main Street and in front of the castle?

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one wondering where the PhotoPass pics are. Was anyone else disappointed with the lack of photographers on Main Street and in front of the castle?
If you download the Disneyland Paris phtotpass app your non-running photos should appear if you put your photopass number in.

The only reason I wasn't disappointed in the lack of Main Street and castle photographers was because I'd previously read there weren't any. We were very disappointed at no character photopass photographers (at least the ones we did) as I was expecting those.

There were definitely photopass photographers in front of the castle for the half marathon.

There were definitely photopass photographers in front of the castle for the half marathon.

Unlike the Stateside races where the photographers catch you in motion, there were photographers that you had to run out to the Hub area and they were set up for still shots. I may have seen like 1 motion photographer, but I felt there was more emphasis on the stills.

Unlike the Stateside races where the photographers catch you in motion, there were photographers that you had to run out to the Hub area and they were set up for still shots. I may have seen like 1 motion photographer, but I felt there was more emphasis on the stills.

Oh. They have those still shots in the Magic Kingdom races too.

I thought they were talking about in general rather than race specific.
I did stop for the still photo in front of the castle during the race. I was referring to in general during regular park hours. I didn't see any photographers with the characters either. Outside of the race the only thing I was able to use PhotoPass for was on ride photos. I saw a lot of people in the hub trading cell phones for "I'll take your pic, will you take mine" exchanges.

@dancingtodisney - you guys are just too freaking cute! Love those pictures, you could definitely tell you were having a blast!

Aw thank you :hug:
We had such a blast... So much so that we are now booked to go back to DLP in January and March next year... have a hotel reserved for the half next year too... OBSESSED MUCH! haha

Outside of the race the only thing I was able to use PhotoPass for was on ride photos.

There are normally a lot more Photopass photographer around with a lot of the characters having them. I suppose as they drafted in every photographer they had for the race, they did not have any to go around for the parks.

Corinna

Running photopass site is now working. We are missing a fair number of 5k meet and greet photos, but have lots of running ones. The half (after we linked the bib which did crash a few times before linking) we seem to have all the meet and greets and lots of running. I'll give it a couple of days to see if the others show then contact them. Hubby got his own photos at the meet and greets so can give them times to go looking.

I can't get my PhotoPass to work. The site says it does not excist. And none of the 4 bib Numbers I type in excists according to the site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter