2016 Gay Days at WDW - 26th Anniversary!

FarCityGuy

Get ready, Orlando! We're coming back again!
2016 will mark the 26th year for Gay Days! As always, the days fall just before and around the first weekend in June. This year, most official events fall between Tuesday, 5/31 and Sunday, 6/5. This will be my 6th year-in-a-row, evidence that this is an awesome, fun time! Who's planning on attending this year? Anybody need any helpful tips on where to stay, what to do, or what it's like? I am arriving a day earlier this year, hoping that the guys will want to put together the monorail crawl again on Wednesday night. Let's get this thread started and get ready for the biggest and best Gay Days, yet!

Not gay but very gay friendly. Live just a couple of miles away from the castle in the MK and always make it a point to visit the park that day to show support. Met up with a group of ~20 DIS friends there last year and hope to do so again this year.

Im planning on doing a solo trip to orlando this year (junes my birthday as well) so i'll probably be heading there!

Im planning on doing a solo trip to orlando this year (junes my birthday as well) so i'll probably be heading there!
Cool deal! I have done the trip solo and also with friends. I always have a great time, regardless. Overall, the crowd is always friendly; and I have always found it to be easy to strike up conversations and make some new friends.

Gutted that I get into Orlando on the 10th! :( would love to do GayDays at some point!

Gutted that I get into Orlando on the 10th! :( would love to do GayDays at some point!
Yikes! Only one week too late! Just remember that Gay Day at the MK is always the first Saturday in June. Hopefully, you can attend in the future. It's one big gay party, and a lot of fun for everyone!

Not gay but very gay friendly. Live just a couple of miles away from the castle in the MK and always make it a point to visit the park that day to show support. Met up with a group of ~20 DIS friends there last year and hope to do so again this year.
Wow! You can almost walk to the MK! That's pretty awesome. Thanks for your support! I am waiting to see if some of the guys who usually try to organize the annual monorail crawl will post here. They usually try to do that on the Wednesday evening before the first Saturday in June. If it happens again this year, you are more than welcome to join in the fun!

My boyfriend and I have already booked our hotel and flights! Can't wait!
Always a good idea to book flights and rooms early to get the best deals. I always make my reservations just after the beginning of the new year. Have u guys attended previously?

Always a good idea to book flights and rooms early to get the best deals. I always make my reservations just after the beginning of the new year. Have u guys attended previously?

I went last year, but this will be his first year!

What is the best way to get to the host hotel? We are staying on site in June and using the magical express from Orlando International and will not have a car. We will be spending most of our time in the park, but wouldn't mind visiting for the expo, etc.

What is the best way to get to the host hotel? We are staying on site in June and using the magical express from Orlando International and will not have a car. We will be spending most of our time in the park, but wouldn't mind visiting for the expo, etc.
The Gay Days host hotel is The Doubletree at SeaWorld. I would think uber would be a good possibility for transportation. Or, maybe u will meet up with somebody where u r staying who has a car and would like to drive over to check out the expo, parties, and guy watching. If u drive over for the expo, they do charge a parking fee ($5 last year), but they give u a $5 coupon that u can use toward a drink or food once u get inside. By all means, avoid the temptation of trying to park for free at the small shopping center across the street from The Doubletree or some of the other nearby hotels. U could end up paying a lot more than $5 if your vehicle gets towed. They monitor the surrounding parking lots very closely.

The Gay Days host hotel is The Doubletree at SeaWorld. I would think uber would be a good possibility for transportation. Or, maybe u will meet up with somebody where u r staying who has a car and would like to drive over to check out the expo, parties, and guy watching. If u drive over for the expo, they do charge a parking fee ($5 last year), but they give u a $5 coupon that u can use toward a drink or food once u get inside. By all means, avoid the temptation of trying to park for free at the small shopping center across the street from The Doubletree or some of the other nearby hotels. U could end up paying a lot more than $5 if your vehicle gets towed. They monitor the surrounding parking lots very closely.

Thanks! Definitely have to try it and figure it out. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the weekend!

Another supportive family here - we have planned our annual family trip for Gay Days (which used to coincide with SWW) since accidentally stumbling on the event in 2011. Unfortunately we missed last year so 2016 will make our 5th year. In our experience it is the best mix of people, weather, and crowd levels.

Cool deal! I have done the trip solo and also with friends. I always have a great time, regardless. Overall, the crowd is always friendly; and I have always found it to be easy to strike up conversations and make some new friends.

Thats what im hoping that I can strike up some conversations with people and make some friends! It'll be my first solo trip so i'll be nervous haha

2016 will mark the 26th year for Gay Days! As always, the days fall just before and around the first weekend in June. This year, most official events fall between Tuesday, 5/31 and Sunday, 6/5. This will be my 6th year-in-a-row, evidence that this is an awesome, fun time! Who's planning on attending this year? Anybody need any helpful tips on where to stay, what to do, or what it's like? I am arriving a day earlier this year, hoping that the guys will want to put together the monorail crawl again on Wednesday night. Let's get this thread started and get ready for the biggest and best Gay Days, yet!

We were hoping to go but not going to be able to make it this year so putting my reservation up for rent! Maybe next year!!!

Sorry to hear that u won't be able to attend this year, Misty.
Only four months to go! Woots! I am soooo ready for it to get here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter