2016 Gay Days at WDW - 26th Anniversary!

Hey y'all. While at PartyCity to finalize the balloon arches for Pride, I found this really festive flower lei skirt. I don't know how to post pictures, so a picture of it is found here: http://www.partycity.com/product/rainbow+flower+lei+hula+skirt.do

The New Orleanian in me doesn't know such things as "too-much" festive attire, so I'm not sure if wearing a red reunion shirt plus a flower lei skirt at MK on Saturday would be okay. Would this be "too much" rainbow at MK? Just right? Is MK Saturday like a Pride day with lots of rainbow/glitter/sparkle?
Personally, I don't think you can ever have "too much" rainbow, but my past experience with gay day at the MK is that you will see thousands of red shirts but not much in the way of the typical "pride attire." The Disney folks frown upon adult patrons who arrive in too much of a "costumed appearance." A couple of years ago, I saw a really cute young guy dressed up like a princess who was denied entrance to the park. I am not really sure that the rainbow skirt is "over the top," but maybe come prepared just in case the folks at the entrance think that it is. One thing for sure...you would definitely be "seen." Hehehe.

It's been super hot and humid lately. Flip flops and a swim suit are my go to.
I agree with the hot & humid attire. Butttttttt...... I am from AZ and for Dano4's Monorail Crawl, I do think I will be sporting some cowboy attire. And not sure how well flip flops and a swim suit goes with my cowboy hat. :)

I agree with the hot & humid attire. Butttttttt...... I am from AZ and for Dano4's Monorail Crawl, I do think I will be sporting some cowboy attire. And not sure how well flip flops and a swim suit goes with my cowboy hat. :)
I think flip flops and a swim suit go with anything ahaha epically a cowboy hat!

Reminds me of a movie where the guy in the cowboy hat says, "My hat only comes off for one reason." LOL!

Just to summarize a couple of things for next week: the monorail crawl happens on Wednesday night, June 1st (really bummed that some don't fly in or arrive in O-town until Thursday. I will drink one for u guys. Maybe Dan and Cowboy will drink one for u, too.) We r also planning on meeting up with fellow DISboarders for the Big Gay DISCruise at the Jungle River Cruise ride in the MK on Saturday, June 4th, around 4:30pm. As for AverageAnt and me, I think we will head to the P House for the "PI at PH" night on Thursday, June 2nd, head downtown to Hamburger Mary's on Friday night, June 3rd. Not totally sure about Sat or Sun nights, yet. But, we will be somewhere!

Just to summarize a couple of things for next week: the monorail crawl happens on Wednesday night, June 1st (really bummed that some don't fly in or arrive in O-town until Thursday. I will drink one for u guys. Maybe Dan and Cowboy will drink one for u, too.) We r also planning on meeting up with fellow DISboarders for the Big Gay DISCruise at the Jungle River Cruise ride in the MK on Saturday, June 4th, around 4:30pm. As for AverageAnt and me, I think we will head to the P House for the "PI at PH" night on Thursday, June 2nd, head downtown to Hamburger Mary's on Friday night, June 3rd. Not totally sure about Sat or Sun nights, yet. But, we will be somewhere!
And yes.....I would certainly be willing to help consume an extra adult beverage for those who cannot make it to the Crawl :drinking:

I sadly won't be 21 until the end of June :( someone better have an extra drink for me!

I sadly won't be 21 until the end of June :( someone better have an extra drink for me!
Aww, that sux! Sooo close, but not quite close enough. Only thing worse would be turning 21 on June 6th, one day after gay week is over. Hope u guys will still be able to meet up with us sometime during the week.

Last edited:
Aww, that sux! Sooo close, but not quite close enough. Only thing worse would be turning 21 on June 6th, one day after gay week is over. Hope u guys will still be able to meet up with us sometime during the week.
We will definitely be in the parks throughout the days. Just sober (sadly) lol

Only 4 more days/96 more hours until the monorail crawl! See the schedule above for more info.

Only 3 more days/72 more hours until the monorail crawl! See the schedule above for more info.

I just missed the 48 hour mark. So, let's make it, "Only 2 more days/46 hours until the monorail crawl!" See the schedule above for more info.

OK. Let's do it! Only one more day/24 more hours until the monorail crawl! All packed up and ready to go! Plane leaves in 13 hours! Woots!

I'm straight, but will be attending with a few gay friends to show support. Hopefully the weather stays fabulous over the weekend. I can't wait to see the seas of red shirts. I hear the country bear jamboree is a hoot during Gay Days.

The monorail crawl last night was a lot of fun! Thanks to Dan, Ed, and everybody who participated! Only 364 more days, and we will do it again! Can anybody remember everyone's name who was there last night? LOL!

i
The monorail crawl last night was a lot of fun! Thanks to Dan, Ed, and everybody who participated! Only 364 more days, and we will do it again! Can anybody remember everyone's name who was there last night? LOL!
t was really great to meet you guys and hope that our paths will cross again during the next 3 1/2 days. and yes I can remember most. Ed, Dan, Greg, Jason, Todd, James, Erik, David, Greg, Billi, Tim, Mike, John, Bill, Andrew, Jeff, Pat and of course......Jay & Tim :drinking:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter