2017-18 NHL Playoffs—all welcome

Happy for the Capitals! As a die hard Sabres fan, it gives me hope as we go thru endless years of rebuild.

I smiled as I watched Ovi, but I got teary eyed hearing Oshie talk about his dad.

As a lifelong Jets fan, I feel your pain. It does get better...especially with Kane gone lol

Well it's about time...Congrats to those Rocking the Red and our hometown star T.J. Oshie !

Last edited:
I can’t believe how fast nhl store had Caps Stanley cup champs stuff, under 3 hours!
Not surprised. For things like the "locker room" hats they pick a neutral color for the base hat and then they start hot gluing on the team logos on the space on the front at the warehouse the second the winner is determined. They can screen the t-shirts in nothing flat. The last time the Red Wings won, our local stores got their shipments of hats and shirts in two days.

Not surprised. For things like the "locker room" hats they pick a neutral color for the base hat and then they start hot gluing on the team logos on the space on the front at the warehouse the second the winner is determined. They can screen the t-shirts in nothing flat. The last time the Red Wings won, our local stores got their shipments of hats and shirts in two days.

Plus, don’t they also have merchandise with both winners and they ship off the unused apparel to third world countries? Maybe that’s just an urban legend?

Plus, don’t they also have merchandise with both winners and they ship off the unused apparel to third world countries? Maybe that’s just an urban legend?
It's partially true. They do produce sets to cover the players of both teams in order to hand them out right after the final game at the arena, and they might produce a limited number of items beyond that. And there have been photos of people in far away places wearing championship shirts with the losing team, but merchandise companies have gotten smarter in recent years and have worked to minimize the amount of stuff that they have to donated and then must be sent overseas.

Look at this "Locker Room" hat:
thumb.aspx

I can guarantee you that the the Caps logo is a embroidered patch that was glued to the neutral gray cap. They mass produce the hats and patches (both teams) ahead of time and then work like the Dickens when the word comes down to start gluing on the right team.

The "Locker Room" shirts are also a neutral color. Gray again in the case of this year's Stanley Cup models. Again, they just have to start screening the pre-purchased gray shirt stock when they decide to crank up the silk screen presses in the contract manufacturing facilities in the winning market area. The stocks pre-positioned in the losing markets will then be shipped to the "winning" producers. Later on, you will start to see apparel with team specific colors hit the selves.

Last edited:
Well it's about time...Congrats to those Rocking the Red and our hometown star T.J. Oshie !

Could I please steal your avatar?

We absolutely LOVE Oshie here. All the Caps, but Oshie is special. I'm amazed at the number of people that still talk about his Olympic shoot-out.

I'm happy that the Caps one, but I'm even happier that they did it through teamwork and determination.

Has anyone seen the footage of the Caps celebrating around town? It is hilarious and quite clear they are having the best time. I bet their livers are starting to hurt by now. Even Trotz admits he is staying well hydrated LOL

Yes the joke is that people in third world countries for years thought the Minnesota Vikings and Denver Broncos were the power house teams of the 70's and 80's. :rotfl2:

The last time the Red Wings won, our local stores got their shipments of hats and shirts in two days.

After the Eagles won the Super Bowl this year, there were t-shirts, hats, pennants and other things available within an hour after game time. People immediately rush to every local sports store (Modell's, Dick's, etc) and got in line. Same when the Phillies won the WS in 2008. I can remember getting a t-shirt at midnight. They prep really early now.

They did do it for a long time, but now they trash a lot of it. Here's a good article on it:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/world-series-loser-t-shirts_us_581b9c16e4b0d9ce6fbab6fb

I think some still donate it though.

After the Eagles won the Super Bowl this year, there were t-shirts, hats, pennants and other things available within an hour after game time. People immediately rush to every local sports store (Modell's, Dick's, etc) and got in line. Same when the Phillies won the WS in 2008. I can remember getting a t-shirt at midnight. They prep really early now.
I believe those are part of the limited quantities that I mentioned that they produce before the final outcome is known. The real mass production doesn't begin until the final outcome is certain, or an obvious blowout in winding down. Otherwise there would be an awful lot more waste.

I believe those are part of the limited quantities that I mentioned that they produce before the final outcome is known. The real mass production doesn't begin until the final outcome is certain, or an obvious blowout in winding down. Otherwise there would be an awful lot more waste.

I can see your point, but there were tables upon tables of t-shirts, sweatshirts, pennants and other things within an hour at Dick's and Modell's after the Eagles won the Super Bowl. And even more were delivered before 5 am, b/c I was able to stop on my way to work and get a few more shirts for my kids. Mass production has to be within hours to meet that quote, not days. They've become way more efficient now. Here are few articles to show what I mean (but it's one of those things you have to see to believe):

http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.co...ns-hit-stores-to-celebrate-super-bowl-victory

http://nj1015.com/where-you-can-get-eagles-super-bowl-championship-gear-in-nj/

I guess it depends on your definition of limited, but in my view when there are a dozen tables setup of merchandise at just one store (and a suburb store to boot), I consider that a significant amount of merchandise that would be wasted. And that they can restock all those tables by 5 am the next morning too. But the first two batches of merchandise at each local store were delivered within 6 hours of each other. Times that by the number of stores in the area, that's a lot of production in a very short time. A lot has to be done earlier than that.

From the Burlington County Times article: “I need to wear this shirt to work (Monday morning),” Upper Southampton resident John Heaton said.

Please. Nobody NEEDS a Super Bowl victory T-shirt within an hour. As long as they're produced in time for the parade, it's good enough.

From the nj101.5 article: It's a bit of an eyebrow raiser that stores in Manahawkin and Toms River were selling Eagles merchandise, especially within hours after the Super Bowl. Those locations are primarily Giants (or Jets) territory.

A story on one of the Philly news channels reported that a T-shirt printing plant went into mass production within seconds of the final score. There were dozens of employees waiting for the clock to expire. In previous blowout Super Bowls, I'm sure they started production well before the end of the game.

Last edited:
My best friend lives in DC and her company and others she knows have let people know they can WFH because the parade will make commuting/public transport insane tomorrow!

While I’m sad for my SO that his team didn’t win, the VGK have nothing to be ashamed. Awesome team, still a historic season. It was incredible seeing the support for the team in Vegas. You couldn’t turn around without seeing something VGK!

I’m so happy Ovi finally has a cup, and I love Oshie too. Seeing that Cup raised, even though it wasn’t my team or my SO’s team doing so, was one of the coolest experiences of my life.

This will make Toronto sports channels unwatchable for the next seven years.

We lost Stastny to Vegas which feels like a stab in the back. I will say, though, that his deal seems a little much but, you go where you can get paid. He also looked amazing thanks to to the line he was on. Centering between Laine and Ehlers was a dream line and I don’t see it happening in Vegas. Only time will tell though.

I didn’t understand the excitement behind getting Karlsson. I heard my husband say all we gave up for him, then he explained Karlsson! OK, I get it. Gonna be an exciting year!

I didn’t understand the excitement behind getting Karlsson. I heard my husband say all we gave up for him, then he explained Karlsson! OK, I get it. Gonna be an exciting year!

lol funny to bump up the playoff thread. It’s a big trade and I guess, again, only time will tell.

I have sympathy for any team who is in the process of rebuilding and restructuring. As one who’s team is finally done that phase, wait it out. I expect to see the Jets deep in the playoffs for years to come. A few years ago The Hockey News (hockey bible) predicted us to win it all. Fingers crossed...

I only heard it was big news, but I'm just a casual Sharks fan. I was watching the Oakland A's postgame show on NBC Sports California when Brodie Brazil (who also does Sharks coverage) had a "breaking news" segment on the trade. From what I gather, some are calling this as monumental as the trade for Joe Thornton back in 2005.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts