2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Can I use my Disney Vacation Account to buy party tickets? I've been loading it with gift cards for the specific purpose of using it for party tickets!

Can I use my Disney Vacation Account to buy party tickets? I've been loading it with gift cards for the specific purpose of using it for party tickets!
Yes you can. I successfully used my DVA account to buy party tickets several days ago. When buying tickets on line you can simply input your 16 digit DVA account number into the gift card redemption section when checking out. Good luck!

Yes you can. I successfully used my DVA account to buy party tickets several days ago. When buying tickets on line you can simply input your 16 digit DVA account number into the gift card redemption section when checking out. Good luck!

Thanks! I thought I could, just wanted to make sure before the 24th!!

I just called and got a cast member immediately. I was expecting a wait, so I wasn't ready with my card, lol. Anyway, we are booked for Oct 8-15th with a party on the 10th. Now to decide on costumes!! Only 81 days!!

Question. We are traveling from Canada. Planning on spending 5 days at DL. Was going to get the 5day park hopper. Debating spending an additional $600cdn for the Halloween party
Does it make sense to still buy the five day park hopper plus party tickets for a day we already are at the park? No we can't extend our vacation for an extra day unfortunately.

Trying to decide if Halloween party is worth it too. That's a huge chunk of money!!

Crossings my fingers the general sale
Monday for tickets is online. Only day we can go is the 31st.

Might have to add a long distance package on my cell phone incase I need to call in. This is the one time I'm kicking myself for canceling my land line phone lol. Long distance from Canada sucks if I'm on hold for over an hour.

Hmmm to add a package before Monday or wait to see what happens that morning. Other option is to wait till 9 am to call from work. :confused3

Question. We are traveling from Canada. Planning on spending 5 days at DL. Was going to get the 5day park hopper. Debating spending an additional $600cdn for the Halloween party
Does it make sense to still buy the five day park hopper plus party tickets for a day we already are at the park? No we can't extend our vacation for an extra day unfortunately.

Trying to decide if Halloween party is worth it too. That's a huge chunk of money!!

I would probably buy the 4 day hopper if I was going to the party.

The 5th day isn't very much. I'd do the park that morning, or use the 5th day to enter the park a couple hours before the party to avoid the backup at the gates when they start letting party people in.

But many will recommend that you sleep in and relax that morning. Everyone is different. We like to squeeze in as much park time as possible.

If you want to do the party keep the 5 day hopper. It's like $15(?) more per ticket (been awhile since I've looked at DL tickets) for the 5th day which would give you park access from approx. 9am-4pm day of the party. That's some serious bang for your buck, so unless your budget is really tight I'd keep the 5 day PH with the Halloween party.

5 day PH and no Party? This is a much harder q! Are you interested in trick or treat trails, seeing extra villains, characters in Halloween costumes, Halloween parade and Halloween fireworks? If you aren't interested in those ditch the party tickets, if your crew is interested in all that YOLO :)

I am so excited! Dh agreed on doing the party this year! It will be our first time going. We are gonna go Sept 27th. Just need to buy our tickets Monday. Do the Sept dates sell out fast? Now I need to get to putting together our costumes. We can wear those into Dca for the early entry right?

I am so excited! Dh agreed on doing the party this year! It will be our first time going. We are gonna go Sept 27th. Just need to buy our tickets Monday. Do the Sept dates sell out fast? Now I need to get to putting together our costumes. We can wear those into Dca for the early entry right?
Oh yeah, there's no way they'll demand people in costume change or strip before entering DCA on their party tickets :rotfl2: ...well, actually, there might be confusion about this during the first party (because that's the kind of unorganized thing Disney would do) but they out to have it straightened out by Sept 27!

In 2005, the sell out dates were:
Sep 25 (Fri) - Sold Out Online August 24, 2015
Sep 28 (Mon) - Did Not Sell Out
Sep 30 (Wed) - Sold Out Online September 30, 2015

In 2006, these were the sell out dates:
Sep 23 (Fri) ($89/$89/$89) - Sold Out Online September 17, 2016
Sep 26 (Mon) ($79/$72/$89) - Did Not Sell Out
Sep 28 (Wed) ($79/$72/$89) - Sold Out Online September 28, 2016
Sep 30 (Fri) ($89/$89/$89) - Sold Out Online September 11, 2016

However, given that September are the only dates with a discount it is possible that they'll sell out faster this year. No one knows, but I highly doubt any of the dates will sell out until August.

That is a big amount of money, but I wouldn't cancel the park hoppers. I really like having the ability to hop between the two parks because they're so close together. I think hoppers give you more flexibility in terms of doing all of the things you want.

In terms of going to the party, that's a tougher question. I really like the MHP and find that there are a lot of things go do. However, as others have said, it really depends on whether you're interested in the party exclusive activities (e.g., fireworks, parade, characters, and trick-or-treating). The attractions are the same (although lines can be pretty short towards the end of the party). I guess, if you have the funds and aren't likely to get back to DLR during Halloween in the near future, I would go to the party because you'll already be there!

If you want to do the party keep the 5 day hopper. It's like $15(?) more per ticket (been awhile since I've looked at DL tickets) for the 5th day which would give you park access from approx. 9am-4pm day of the party. That's some serious bang for your buck, so unless your budget is really tight I'd keep the 5 day PH with the Halloween party.

5 day PH and no Party? This is a much harder q! Are you interested in trick or treat trails, seeing extra villains, characters in Halloween costumes, Halloween parade and Halloween fireworks? If you aren't interested in those ditch the party tickets, if your crew is interested in all that YOLO :)
We would be more interested in hitting low ride lines to be honest.

In that case, no, I would not spend the extra money on MHP tickets. While the ride lengths do decrease during the party hours (compared to non-party nights), they do not really approach "walk-on" (or thereabout) until after fireworks ends (around 10:00 pm). So you'll have either an hour or two (depending on when the party ends) with relatively low lines, but that's still not really enough time to justify the cost of the party (at the start of the party, the lines are still fairly long because there are still day guests in the lines).

Yeah, I'd drop the party too... As for getting lots done I think your 5 day PH will have you covered there. 5 day PH tickets result in my fam doing everything we want and being able to repeat all our favorites a few times. We usually arrive halfway through day 1 and leave halfway through day 5, so we don't even use 5 full park days, but we do stay onsite and use EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter