2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

In that case, no, I would not spend the extra money on MHP tickets. While the ride lengths do decrease during the party hours (compared to non-party nights), they do not really approach "walk-on" (or thereabout) until after fireworks ends (around 10:00 pm). So you'll have either an hour or two (depending on when the party ends) with relatively low lines, but that's still not really enough time to justify the cost of the party (at the start of the party, the lines are still fairly long because there are still day guests in the lines).

Maybe we had a good night, but we went mid October 2015 and almost every ride was a near walk on. We rode almost every ride, trick-or-treated, watched the parade and fireworks. We did not do any character meets. But I sure LOVED the party. We are going to do 2 this year! Can't wait.

Dumb question: are the parks closed to non-party guests during the parties? Or just certain areas?
Party People are let into the parks three hours before the party begins.
Once the party time rolls around, Non-Party people are to leave. So the whole parks is party people only.

If CM's see you in the park and you don't have a party wrist band you'll be asked to exit the park.

I just got my DVC/AP/Visa early ticket purchase. While on the phone the ticket agent told me they just announced the Buena Vista Street will have the Nightmare Before Christmas Overlay. Not sure if that has been reported or is even true, but if so that will be neat to see. I am going on October 6.

Our tickets arrived via snail mail today!
What did the outside of the envelop look like?
I live in rural area. No mail in our box today.
The mail delivery person is FAMOUS for not being able to get the mail in the correct addresses box.
Made me a little nervous having the tickets mailed to the house.
Now that I know the deliveries are happening, I'll keep an eye out.

Geemo

Just making sure here - based on past years, will the online purchasing be available at 7am pacific time? Or would I be better off calling at 7 am pacific?
When I chose our dates I thought we'd have a choice of two parties ... now there is only the one happening during our stay, and I really want to make sure I get them purchased as soon as possible.
TIA!

I just had to pop in and post this because I know that, somewhere out there, there are people who are secretly sick of summer and sick of heat, and cannot wait for anything even slightly resembling autumn to appear! I cannot be the only one who is delighted by any kind of sign from the pumpkin gods that summer will be careening to an end in the near future.

I used to always post "Pumpkin Pandemonium/Candy Corn Chaos/Caramel Apple Confusion/Halloween Hoopla" updates in my previous Halloween Time Superthreads, as Fall, Harvest and Halloween items began to hit the shelves (I am talking about the regular shelves in everyday stores -- not in Disney-specific stores). We would usually see or hear of early sightings sometime in July -- maybe in Costco -- and then in August, there would be a gradual increase of all things pumpkin, caramel apple and candy corn, with September just being an all out pumpkin palooza.

So, dedicated craft stores aside (because they kind of have to get Halloween and Christmas things in stock very, very early in the year), I have now seen photos of a full aisle of Halloween things in the At Home chain of stores. Also, I read that Febreze's pumpkin products have been spotted at Walmart. And apparently Cracker Barrel has gotten in on the Halloween action too.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel for the secret summer haters! Fall is moving in! :dancer::dancer:

Party People are let into the parks three hours before the party begins.
Once the party time rolls around, Non-Party people are to leave. So the whole parks is party people only.

If CM's see you in the park and you don't have a party wrist band you'll be asked to exit the park.
Thanks.

I just had to pop in and post this because I know that, somewhere out there, there are people who are secretly sick of summer and sick of heat, and cannot wait for anything even slightly resembling autumn to appear! I cannot be the only one who is delighted for any kind of sign from the pumpkin gods that summer will be careening to an end in the near future.

I used to always post "Pumpkin Pandemonium/Candy Corn Chaos/Caramel Apple Confusion/Halloween Hoopla" updates in my previous Halloween Time Superthreads, as Fall, Harvest and Halloween items began to hit the shelves (I am talking about the regular shelves in everyday stores -- not in Disney-specific stores). We would usually see or hear of early sightings sometime in July -- maybe in Costco -- and then in August, there would be a gradual increase of all things pumpkin, caramel apple and candy corn, with September just being an all out pumpkin palooza.

So, dedicated craft stores aside (because they kind of have to get Halloween and Christmas things in stock very, very early in the year), I have now seen photos of a full aisle of Halloween things in the At Home chain of stores. Also, I read that Febreze's pumpkin products have been spotted at Walmart. And apparently Cracker Barrel has gotten in on the Halloween action too.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel for the secret summer haters! Fall is moving in! :dancer::dancer:

I saw Halloween costumes at Sam's Club yesterday in Arizona!

PHXscuba

What did the outside of the envelop look like?
I live in rural area. No mail in our box today.
The mail delivery person is FAMOUS for not being able to get the mail in the correct addresses box.
Made me a little nervous having the tickets mailed to the house.
Now that I know the deliveries are happening, I'll keep an eye out.

Geemo
It is a plain, thin, standard size white envelope with black writing. It doesn't say Disney on it.

I just had to pop in and post this because I know that, somewhere out there, there are people who are secretly sick of summer and sick of heat, and cannot wait for anything even slightly resembling autumn to appear! I cannot be the only one who is delighted for any kind of sign from the pumpkin gods that summer will be careening to an end in the near future.

We are starting to get ready for DDs 6th birthday party (her bday falls during our trip) she has asked for a NBC themed party, so given we can't get any partyqare we are having to make everything from scratch.
It would have been a lot easier had she told me before last Halloween (or even Christmas)

Upthread somewhere (I can't find it) someone asked if they would be able to wear their costumes into DCA in the 3 hour crossover.
In my bored scrolling around the Disneyland website I came across this:

"For guests aged 14 years and older:
-Costumes may not be worn if entering Disneyland California Adventure Park before the commencement of the event or in Disneyland Park"

This wording seems weird, not worn in DCA before the event or in DL?

Got our tickets in snail mail yesterday - woohoo! October 6 here we come. Came in a plain white envelope that had Anaheim as the return address. The CM on the phone told us it would be a plain white envelope or we might have thrown it out as it looked like junk mail. Inside was the receipt and two small hard copy tickets that look like regular park tickets but they do say Halloween Party, the date and the time you can enter the parks. I am excited that we can go to both DCA at 4 PM and see the Halloween decorations and then to DL at 7 for the party. Plus I am really excited about Photopass being included! My only concern is if we will stand out wearing out costumes at DCA at 4 PM, but no other choice - not going to change while at the parks. People will have to just look at 2 adults dressed up like Camp Woodchuck rangers.
I have never been to DL during the party before, but have been to Orlando - in Florida there is usually a map online of where the different characters are for meet and greets. Does anyone know if this exists for DL? Can't wait until the party!!!

Upthread somewhere (I can't find it) someone asked if they would be able to wear their costumes into DCA in the 3 hour crossover.
In my bored scrolling around the Disneyland website I came across this:

"For guests aged 14 years and older:
-Costumes may not be worn if entering Disneyland California Adventure Park before the commencement of the event or in Disneyland Park"

This wording seems weird, not worn in DCA before the event or in DL?
I read it as you can't dress up pre-4pm (event start time).

I just had to pop in and post this because I know that, somewhere out there, there are people who are secretly sick of summer and sick of heat, and cannot wait for anything even slightly resembling autumn to appear! I cannot be the only one who is delighted by any kind of sign from the pumpkin gods that summer will be careening to an end in the near future.

Somewhere between the 100+ heat and seeing the air I'm breathing I'd forgotten about the other seasons, forgotten fall and pumpkin spice lattes are coming. Thank you for the reminder, there is hope!

I read it as you can't dress up pre-4pm (event start time).

I will see what the guests start saying after the September parties. I can't imagine they would make you change outfits - hopefully :0 We only plan on wearing our outfit - but it is a Camp Woodchuck ranger costume - could look like regular clothes (we would just look like old boy scouts :)
I know in Orlando - they let you dress up 3 hours before the party starts, not sure if the rules are different in California.

I have been looking at touringplans.com and they have EMM listed as wed and thurs instead of the Tuesdays that the party is held. So they have EMM on wed 10/4 instead of tues 10/3. Can EMM be changed like that? And how accurate do you think that is?

I am the one that asked if we could wear our costumes to Dca. I was looking for the 3 hrs before the party. I will keep my eyes here to see if they will still let you. It will be very cool if you get photopass included!

I am the one that asked if we could wear our costumes to Dca. I was looking for the 3 hrs before the party. I will keep my eyes here to see if they will still let you. It will be very cool if you get photopass included!
Ooohhh- when does Photopass start 4pm or 7pm? Excellent question, I want to know as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter