2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Hey another dumb question -- adults can do the treat trails..right? It isn't just for kids is it?

"Watching" the parade now in the hub... seems like the Haunted Mansion float broke down and now the gravediggers and Shadowmen are screwing around. People seem restless.

...and we're finally moving again.

I have the map but it says my photos are too large to upload, only have my phone so no way to change my images sorry!

Spoke to a character CM who said villains would include Ratcliff, Malicefint and Hades

Anymore reports on villains? I had to google as I had no idea about the ones from Hercules and Pocahontas. I have 48 hours left in my kids Disney boot camp so I need to figure out what movies and characters they don't know so I can add on more to watch.

Per Mickey's Halloween party fans on Facebook the Toontown party officially is on!!:hmghost:

Could anyone give me a run down of the "pre-party" it has been many years since we have been to the DL party but making a last minute trip this year and want to make sure we get to all the good stuff. :) Thanks!

Could anyone give me a run down of the "pre-party" it has been many years since we have been to the DL party but making a last minute trip this year and want to make sure we get to all the good stuff. :) Thanks!
It only happens in ToonTown for people with MHP tickets. It has trick or treat trails and photo opps with characters dressed in costume. This occurs one hour before the start of the party starts.

Anymore reports on villains? I had to google as I had no idea about the ones from Hercules and Pocahontas. I have 48 hours left in my kids Disney boot camp so I need to figure out what movies and characters they don't know so I can add on more to watch.

I saw photos of Dr. Facilier and the Evil Queen from Snow White.

Dr Facilier, Snow Queen and Hook are meeting, they are all also daytime characters

The villains float broke down right in front of us, luckily it was the end of the parade so we just worked our way through the crowds towards Tomorrow land.

We had so much fun!! Great party this year, ride lines were non existent.....and I mean that seriously. We walked on to every single ride, including ghost Galaxy and all the headliners without stopping at all. Every single ride we just walked through the line and then right onto the ride. It was amazing. Some Treat trail lines were long but they all moved very quickly. Parade was the same as last year, but the gravediggers were less "dramatic" which was my favorite part last year. Overall, super fun. This is my fourth or fifth year doing this party and I love it! Never done one so early in the season but still super fun. The projections on the castle and Main Street were sooooo cool is year.

And because I know people will ask, we found a front row spot at 8:10 for the parade and headless horseman across from the bathrooms by Alice. Main Street front row was already taken at that point. In front of the castle was packed by 7:30. Fireworks were delayed, I think. Because the parade seemed to have a late start and a few "breakdowns" the headless horseman was right on time at 8:50. We watched the fireworks while riding BTMRR x 2 which was completely and totally magical :love:

Spoke to a character CM who said villains would include Ratcliff, Malicefint and Hades
Do they rotate throughout the evening? If I wanted to meet all 3, do I have to time the lines just right or if I've seen say Maleficent and want to see Hades and get to the front and it's still Maleficent, can I wait to the side for the next character? SUPER want to see all 3!!!

Disney bootcamp sounds like my type of boot camp lol

I'm getting sooooo excited. I spent a good hour look at the mickeyshalloweenparty tag on Instagram last night. Friday the 13th can't come soon enough!!!

The villains float broke down right in front of us, luckily it was the end of the parade so we just worked our way through the crowds towards Tomorrow land.

We had so much fun!! Great party this year, ride lines were non existent.....and I mean that seriously. We walked on to every single ride, including ghost Galaxy and all the headliners without stopping at all. Every single ride we just walked through the line and then right onto the ride. It was amazing. Some Treat trail lines were long but they all moved very quickly. Parade was the same as last year, but the gravediggers were less "dramatic" which was my favorite part last year. Overall, super fun. This is my fourth or fifth year doing this party and I love it! Never done one so early in the season but still super fun. The projections on the castle and Main Street were sooooo cool is year.

Awesome report! Thank you! 19 more days til my party!

And because I know people will ask, we found a front row spot at 8:10 for the parade and headless horseman across from the bathrooms by Alice. Main Street front row was already taken at that point. In front of the castle was packed by 7:30. Fireworks were delayed, I think. Because the parade seemed to have a late start and a few "breakdowns" the headless horseman was right on time at 8:50. We watched the fireworks while riding BTMRR x 2 which was completely and totally magical :love:
Actually the horseman was supposed to start at 8:40; they were about 10 minutes late. Haunted Mansion float kept breaking down near us and the parade didn't finish clearing the hub until after 9:30. Fireworks were about 20 min late.

Will post more info later re the first party.

So to get a really good spot in front of the castle for Fireworks what is the suggested time to arrive and stake out a spot? And any specific place that is best to stake out? I have never tried this and this time I want to make sure I do. This may be a good time to rest and have a late dinner while waiting for the fireworks to start.

Edited to add I am specifically referring to the fireworks during MHP.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!