2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Actually the horseman was supposed to start at 8:40; they were about 10 minutes late. Haunted Mansion float kept breaking down near us and the parade didn't finish clearing the hub until after 9:30. Fireworks were about 20 min late.

Will post more info later re the first party.

I think he did start pretty close to 8:40.... he got to us about 8:50. So he had to have started by about 8:40-8:45.

So the Haunted Mansion broke down....so it sounds like the villains float didn't break down it was just that they were waiting for the HM float to go! Hearing the "dialogue" over and over was kind of funny, the characters ar amazing how they keep in character and just keep up the show though!!

So to get a really good spot in front of the castle for Fireworks what is the suggested time to arrive and stake out a spot? And any specific place that is best to stake out? I have never tried this and this time I want to make sure I do. This may be a good time to rest and have a late dinner while waiting for the fireworks to start.
Are you doing the parade? We found a good spot next to Coke Corner for the parade around 8:15. Not front row of course, but it worked for us 2 adults. Then immediately after the parade passed us, we moved north to the hub a little to the west of Partners. We had a couple trees in front of us but had a great view anyway. Castle was almost fully unobstructed.

Also I'm not certain the Haunted Mansion float was the one that broke down. It may have been the one ahead of it as the dancers ahead of it were also stopped. I think that if something is stuck, they may just keep the whole parade in place.

Now that I think of it, HH actually may have started on time after all. He is much slower than at WDW and also stops along the way.

I just read on Facebook on the Disneyland Annual Passholders page that a limited number of party tickets are available for 9/22 It says to visit main entrance ticket booths for more details so, anyone wanting to go 9/22 here's your chance!

Are you doing the parade? We found a good spot next to Coke Corner for the parade around 8:15. Not front row of course, but it worked for us 2 adults. Then immediately after the parade passed us, we moved north to the hub a little to the west of Partners. We had a couple trees in front of us but had a great view anyway. Castle was almost fully unobstructed.

Also I'm not certain the Haunted Mansion float was the one that broke down. It may have been the one ahead of it as the dancers ahead of it were also stopped. I think that if something is stuck, they may just keep the whole parade in place.

Now that I think of it, HH actually may have started on time after all. He is much slower than at WDW and also stops along the way.
Yes we will definitely watch the parade. We usually watch the second parade as there is a better chance of good space. There are only 2 of us as well. We have tried to get a good view of the fireworks in the past but never get there early enough and can't see hardly anything. I would prefer to get a better view this time.

Yes we will definitely watch the parade. We usually watch the second parade as there is a better chance of good space. There are only 2 of us as well. We have tried to get a good view of the fireworks in the past but never get there early enough and can't see hardly anything. I would prefer to get a better view this time.
You shouldn't have a problem finding something if you aren't doing the 1st parade. Check out near Partners for sure. I was shocked we were able to get a good spot without much wait.

2nd parade was totally dead compared to the first. First was packed, second was maybe 2 rows deep at most. We didn't watch the 2nd, but saw the Main St area as we walked out a few minutes before it was due to start.

You shouldn't have a problem finding something if you aren't doing the parade. Check out near Partners for sure. I was shocked we were able to get a good spot without much wait.

2nd parade was totally dead compared to the first. First was packed, second was maybe 2 rows deep at most. We didn't watch the 2nd, but saw the Main St area as we walked out a few minutes before it was due to start.
This is good news! :lovestrucWhat are the times for the parades and fireworks?

This is good news! :lovestrucWhat are the times for the parades and fireworks?
I don't know if they change the times for the parties that start at 7pm, but with the 6pm start the fireworks were scheduled for 9:30 (ended up being around 9:50 due to the parade problems), HH starts the parade at 8:40 and 10:20.

Can I ask what is probably a silly question? Does the pre-party start an hour before the party starts or an hour before the 3 hour window you get with your ticket? Like if the party starts at 7, but my ticket gets me in at 4, would the toon town party be at 3 or 6? (I will already be in DL that day.)

Can someone explain treat trails? My understanding is it's a set path with trick or treat stations? What is a station? Is there more? Are the treats the only reason to go on them? Thanks!

Can someone explain treat trails? My understanding is it's a set path with trick or treat stations? What is a station? Is there more? Are the treats the only reason to go on them? Thanks!
The stations are a CM with a cart full of candy handing each person a few pieces. Trick-or-treating is the main point, but there are also decorations to see along the trail.

I don't know if they change the times for the parties that start at 7pm, but with the 6pm start the fireworks were scheduled for 9:30 (ended up being around 9:50 due to the parade problems), HH starts the parade at 8:40 and 10:20.
Hi! Did you notice if there were projections on Mainstreet during the fireworks show?

My understanding is that GotG has different variations randomly assigned on each ride, like Star Tours, right? Does anyone know if "after dark" also has different versions? I haven't been to the parks since GotG opened so I'm trying to anticipate about how many re-rides we'll want to do. Sorry if this was already discussed, I don't recall seeing it.

I'm holding out hope! That would be a huge bummer if they didn't have one.
Wow! Jack the prices up, most tickets do not have AP discounts, no AP trick or treat trail. Shame, shame Disney Corp. Bring back the AP trail along with a special treat. You have very loyal AP holders that helped you through the rough times. Please don't screw them over anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!