2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

My husband and I have tickets for Halloween itself. Should be lots of fun. We're primarily going for the rides. Trick-or-treating, parades, shows, characters, fireworks, etc. will have less priority. If we see them, great. If if happen to miss some, not a big deal. Monday October 30 will be for California Adventure. We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel so we'll be eligible for early entry that morning.

I just wanted to let everyone know for tonight party the weather will be great!! It will be be in the mid 70's today. It will be in low 100's on Tuesday's party

We're going Tuesday - good thing I bought the Moana costume for DD!!

I just wanted to let everyone know for tonight party the weather will be great!! It will be be in the mid 70's today. It will be in low 100's on Tuesday's party
Yesterdays weather was great as well. However DL was extremely packed yesterday. More than most years. This is our 4th time going to Halloween time during this same weekend.

had a blast on the 13th party!
22539861_10155702009945561_1585680544642582766_n.jpg

22448264_10155689128750561_142681998805658576_n.jpg

This was posted by Disneyland Today on their Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/DisneylandToday/status/921488706896384000

I guess Trader Sam's is going to be a zoo on Tuesday at 7:00 am...

Ugh, this brought back flashbacks! I had an acquaintance who insisted that my annual pass and proximity to the parks meant I could literally leave work at any point to get the 2016 version for him. I managed to get one, due to some finagling...and he never told me that he had arranged to get it from someone else. :rotfl:

I know the one at the Polynesian went on sale on 10/13, I was wondering when the west coast version was going to arrive.

Has anyone stayed at a resort hotel and seen if they are selling Mickeys Halloween party ticket? Last year they did of people staying there. I am thinking I am out of luck for 10/20 party.

You must go down first thing in the morning of the party 6am or as early as possible. People were buying 5-6 tickets at a time.

I called a few weeks ago and was told to check at the front desk the day of the party (we are staying in the Villas at the Grand Californian) I will try calling again today. Thanks for the idea.

The day of the party, go to the front desk and purchase the tickets. The earlier the better. When I got in line around 6am, there were 10 people ahead of me, (mostly women) purchasing tickets. There was one family checking in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last nights party was pretty packed compared to the other years I've gone. It seems like every year more and more people attend.

The Halloween fireworks were cancelled due to the wind. I'm hoping the do it tonight but not sure they will.

A CM was telling people that MHP is only moving to CDL for two years starting next year due to construction at DL and then it will be coming back to DL. Not sure if its true but would be happy to know it would be coming back to DL.

I also wanted to say that for once there were many photopass photographers at both DCA & DL. We were able to get quite a few magic shots. We got the poison apple and zero ones. Also, if you want to do the AP photo opp I suggest waiting until toward the end if the party as the line is pretty short then. At least that's what we did. We were able to get pics on main street with a few characters in costume and also on Buena Vista Street in CDL. The lines weren't too bad.

For those who are visiting the L.A. area between now and Halloween, Disney's El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood just started their annual run of "Nightmare Before Christmas 4D" (= 3D with other special effects). Very fun! There is a display of props from the movie (and some costumes from "Hocus Pocus") downstairs. And the Oogie popcorn buckets are for sale at the concession stands, too!

For those who are visiting the L.A. area between now and Halloween, Disney's El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood just started their annual run of "Nightmare Before Christmas 4D" (= 3D with other special effects). Very fun! There is a display of props from the movie (and some costumes from "Hocus Pocus") downstairs. And the Oogie popcorn buckets are for sale at the concession stands, too!

That sounds so fun

Hi, maybe someone in this thread can help me. I have a friend and her family (husband, 9 yr old daughter and 2 year old son) going to DL only on 10/30 while they are in Southern California to visit family....without going back and reading this entire thread can I get a few pointers to share with her as far as:
-potential park hours
-fireworks and Fantasmic! Schedule
-any other pertinent information that might be helpful specially for Monday 10/30

I would be forever greatful! Thank you!

Hi, maybe someone in this thread can help me. I have a friend and her family (husband, 9 yr old daughter and 2 year old son) going to DL only on 10/30 while they are in Southern California to visit family....without going back and reading this entire thread can I get a few pointers to share with her as far as:
-potential park hours
-any other pertinent information that might be helpful specially for Monday 10/30

The hours and entertainment schedule for 10/30 can be found on the official Disneyland page

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2017-10-30/

-potential park hours

Please note that because your friend will be visiting during non-peak season, there won't be any fireworks or F! on Monday, 10/30. But there will be WOC at DCA, if your friend chooses to upgrade to a park hopper ticket. Also, your friend should download the free DLR app so that she can keep track of the schedule on her phone.

ETA: If your friend can reschedule by one day to Sunday, Oct. 29th, she will get much longer park hours in both parks, fireworks, and F!: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2017-10-29/. But be aware that southern California has entered Santa Ana wind season, so fireworks can get cancelled (be prepared!).

Last edited:
A few years ago at the Halloween parties the tiki room closed early, but I haven’t seen any mention of that on any blog posts from last year or this year. -does anyone know if portions of the park close early, other than toon town?

We will be taking our family to the Halloween party on Halloween , very excited. This will be our 4th year going to a Halloween party, but the first time going actually on the 31st. It’s interesting that DCA is included this year, we’ll have to pop over there first for a bit.

Right now I’m hoping we can get a fast pass for Cars,then check out a few things while we wait, the head over, take the train to the back, get on Roger rabbit before it closes, then move on to the rest of the park. Any recommended strategies with DCA being included this year?

Also the photo pass is included this year with the party tickets, what have been experiences with that, were wait times reasonable?

I don't recall seeing the Tiki Room close early this year; I know it's not open during the party, so perhaps the last "show" is scheduled to end at park closing (6:00 or 7:00 pm, depending on the day) rather than start at closing. There are other attractions that are not open as part of MHP and those would (most likely) close at the start of the party (e.g., Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, TSI & ROA attractions, Tarzan's Treehouse, etc.). Toontown is the only portion of the park that closes early (that I know of).

It might be faster to walk from Main Street to Toontown. While the train is fun to ride, it's been very popular since it re-opened, so it's not uncommon to have to wait for several trains before you're able to board. Otherwise, to be safe, I'd plan on a wait of 20-30 minutes at the Main Street train station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!