2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

The hours and entertainment schedule for 10/30 can be found on the official Disneyland page

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2017-10-30/

Thank
You! That was my next stop and I have the app on my phone too for any other info but figured I'd pay a stop here first :-)

So is there no MHP on Monday then? It doesn't look like it per Disneylands website but I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be one the day before Halloween??
Should the crowds be crazy on Monday 10/30? Historically?

That is correct, there is no party on the Monday before Halloween. They usually try to avoid having parties on back to back nights and this year, went with a Tuesday & Friday schedule in October.

Normally I would say that Monday shouldn't be to bad crowd-wise, but lately it seems like Mondays are as bad (or worse) than the weekends. I think some of it was due to Columbus Day and some due to school breaks (fall breaks scattered throughout October). So I plan on there being crowds, perhaps not as bad as early October, but there will still be crowds.

My family is currently at Disneyland for the Halloween party tomorrow night (24th). I have a good friend who lives down here and ended up not having to work the night of the party. She really wants to join us but obviously the tickets online were sold out a while ago. Has anyone had luck with checking at a ticket booth the day of the party to see if they could get 1 extra ticket to join an already existing group with tickets? I thought I saw someone on here a few pages ago discussing something like this. We haven't seen each other for a couple years and it would be fun to catch up at the party :) .

You can always give it a try. In the past, you had to be present with your friend at the ticket booth and have all your MHP tickets in hand to show the CM. (In other words, no fair having your friend show up alone to say that "her friend" has tickets and she needs one, too.) The CM needs to see both parties and all the tickets. I haven't heard that this has worked for anyone this year. I have read that the on site hotels are selling day of tickets to their registered guests first thing in the morning on party days. Some of the earlier parties had tickets available at the booths on the day of the party. If this is the case, there should be signs in the esplanade announcing that tickets are still available. We haven't seen any of these signs recently.
Another option would be for your friend to join you in DCA for part of the evening. Since the MHP tickets are park hoppers this year, she will be able to join in all the fun in DCA with you. We had a friend join us for an evening in Cars Land, Carthay Circle lounge, Paradise Gardens, etc. for all the Halloween fun. It was really a great time and felt a lot like the party (especially with all the guests in costume and the fun drinks at CC lounge!).

Last edited:

On Sunday we were in the tomorrow land lounge and while there were some nice things about it, and we certainly could see the fireworks, we realized we missed out on a LOT by not being on main street - we had no idea why sometimes there was fire here or there as we couldn't see anything.

Tonight (weather permitting) we are determined to be on main street to see the fireworks, and are willing to camp out for an hour or so before that.

If you were willing to camp out starting at say 8:15ish, which I know may already be a bit late, where would you look for a spot? We aren't so interested in the parade, so if there is a good spot for the fireworks that is not necessarily a good spot for the parade, where would it be?

FYI, I did read this, and think I understand where to be.

Fireworks: I really like to watch from Main Street. I recommend either being between the Castle and Partner's Statue or on Main Street (from where the buildings start). Wherever you pick, make sure you have a good view of the left side of the castle. You really need to be able to see the area to the left of the third main turret and above the red line in the photo below. If you cannot see the area, then you'll miss out on the "orb", which is where they project Jack's face, Oogie, and other images.

View attachment 274493
If you're between the Castle and Statue, that's one of the "prime" spots and they fill up very early. I've never wanted to put that much time into waiting, so I don't really know how early you'll need to get there.

On Main Street, there are two options: you can follow the parade down from the Hub to whatever spot you want or wait somewhere in the crowd on Main Street and move into the street as soon as the parade passes. There isn't much time (~15 minutes) between the end of the parade on Main Street and the start of fireworks, so this tends to work pretty well. Last week, we followed the parade from the hub and then stopped when we got to the Camera Shop, in the middle of the street. There is really no way to know in advance if someone taller than you will end up in front, whether someone will put their child on their shoulders, or if someone will leave a balloon up. Unfortunately, those are just things that happen and there isn't really much that can be done.

disneyland-park.55
full

Would these spots work? It would be a few rows back from the parade route, on the curb. Or, would you recommend a different place? We would want to see the orb.

How do I get my photopass pictures from the Halloween party? I have pictures from my other regular days when we used MaxPass, but my pictures from the party have the watermark across them. I tried scanning my party ticket to purchase and that didn't work...? And thanks to those who replied about trying to get my friend in to the party. We decided to not bother and she is going in with us to the parks today for a regular day ;) .

Has anyone tried the dreamsicle beignets? It seems like such an odd flavor choice. They look like they have glitter on them, but I'm guessing it's shaped sprinkles or something. I'm curious, but I haven't decided if I'm curious enough to buy them when we go this weekend.

Has anyone tried the dreamsicle beignets? It seems like such an odd flavor choice. They look like they have glitter on them, but I'm guessing it's shaped sprinkles or something. I'm curious, but I haven't decided if I'm curious enough to buy them when we go this weekend.
I tried them on my last trip. My guess is they went with Dreamsicle because they're orange in color, like a pumpkin, but they didn't want to do pumpkin or a flavor they've done in the past. The sugar didn't have a really strong orange flavor. It was more like a hint of orange, with a strong sweet flavor. The orange sugar had edible silver stars mixed in; it looked pretty, but the stars themselves don't have much flavor.
DSC_0503_zpstllp6qgw.jpg

I tried them on my last trip. My guess is they went with Dreamsicle because they're orange in color, like a pumpkin, but they didn't want to do pumpkin or a flavor they've done in the past. The sugar didn't have a really strong orange flavor. It was more like a hint of orange, with a strong sweet flavor. The orange sugar had edible silver stars mixed in; it looked pretty, but the stars themselves don't have much flavor.
That's my guess for the rationale too. They have orange soft serve ice cream in DCA during Halloween too, and last year we loved it. I was just surprised to see it for beignets. Although I was imagining the actual dough being flavored, and it sounds like maybe it's more just the sugar coating, which seems less weird.

Yup, it's just the coating that is flavored. I think part of this is a streamlining process...they only have to make one type of beignet dough. Then when the guest orders it, they either add the powdered sugar or the flavored sugar to the bag and they're ready to go. When they used to do flavored beignets (e.g., pumpkin or gingerbread) it meant having two types of dough. Personally, I do think the flavored sugar adds more flavor to the beignets than when they flavored the dough itself. The Dreamsicles ones were okay, but the summer blackberry ones were really good. I wish those had stuck around (purple is a Halloween color too!).

Question.

Yesterdau the Halloween fireworks were cancelled due to high winds.

How do i know if they plan to present them today? I think i read that they always try to present them the next day if conditions are favorable .

How high do the winds have to be for them to cancel? Just curious, this will be our 4th year going to a Halloween party, and we've never seen it canceled, although once they waited about 20 minutes. This is the latest in October we've gone so I was wondering if the winds would be stronger. Plus now the weather app I was checking is saying cloudy for Halloween which is when we're going.Eek!

Question.

Yesterdau the Halloween fireworks were cancelled due to high winds.

How do i know if they plan to present them today? I think i read that they always try to present them the next day if conditions are favorable .
So I found out they are not planning to have thrle fireworks today.. that sucks...

So I found out they are not planning to have thrle fireworks today.. that sucks...

In non-peak season, the fireworks show on weekends only, so the next time they would be scheduled would be this Friday (which is a MHP day anyway). My guess is that they are not planning on unloading the fireworks, but just keeping them loaded until this Friday's party. And if the weather keeps up like this, there is a chance Friday's fireworks will get cancelled, too.

I'm hoping for no wind for the Halloween Party on the 31st! Right now the weather shows a forecast of 72 with partially cloudy. Fingers crossed that the winds die down, I'm so excited for our family to go. :-)

Last edited:
I'm hopping for no wind on the 31st! Right now the weather shows a forecast of 72 with partially cloudy. Fingers crossed that the winds die down, I'm so excited for our family to go. :-)

Me too crossing my fingers and toes for the halloween party!... We fly out tomorrow can't wait!!! Have a great trip!

I've seen lots of posts about all the wonderful fall foods, does anyone have a favorite, must try Halloween treat?

I've seen lots of posts about all the wonderful fall foods, does anyone have a favorite, must try Halloween treat?

These were some of my favorites:

Snake and Spider Chocolate Goo from the French Market - Dark Chocolate Cup filled with layers of Dark Chocolate Mousse, Green Pound Cake, and Chocolate Cookie Crumbles with Gummy Worms and Chocolate. This was the special dessert for HalloweenTime! It was actually really good! The green "pound" cake was more like normal cake, just very green. The cookie crumbles were really good when eaten with the mousse filling.
DSC_0024_zpsbnuom8k9.jpg

Mummy Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich from Schmoozies in DCA – Almond macaron shell with dark chocolate “eyes” drizzled with white chocolate and filled with rainbow sherbet. This was one of Schmoozies HalloweenTime offerings. It was pretty good. The rainbow sherbert added a nice flavor to the crunch of the macaron. Just make sure to eat it before it melts! :)
DSC_0613_zpskn6iapon.jpg

Mickey-Shaped Mummy Macaron from Jolly Holiday in DL – A white chocolate macaron with white chocolate drizzle and chocolate-salted caramel filling. This was another of the HalloweenTime offerings. It was very cute and tended to run out early. The filling was quite yummy.
DSC_0116_zpsylnjmkw7.jpg

S'Mores Bar from Jolly Holiday in DL - This isn't a Halloween treat per se, but it's usually only available seasonally (in the fall), so I make a point to get when it's being offered. It's very rich and very chocolately! So good!
DSC_0106_zpsppk168kl.jpg

Bat Wing Raspberry Sundae from Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Treats in DCA – White chocolate-raspberry swirl ice cream with raspberry splatter, blood-red sprinkles, whipped cream and Bat Wing cookie. This is one of the best look HalloweenTime treats, but I wasn't really that impressed with the sundae's flavor. The ice cream was very rich, but it needed more raspberry swirl in it. The bat wing cookie was kind of like a gingerbread cookie, but without the gingerbread flavor. That being said, others have really raved about it, so it's worth giving it a try.
DSC_0160_zpsug3ywubu.jpg

Within these 98 pages is there a post that gives meet and greet info, times of parades, shows, etc like the WDW Halloween thread, please?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter