2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I wonder if that bit of detail was there from the start, or if it was only recently added. I don't remember seeing it when events were first listed.

It was there, because I was disappointed there wasn't one when I will be there, or else I would have scheduled it. I thought it looked interesting.

Wow just embarrassed i never saw that. Nothing was said when we purchased and the emails said nothing about it. No one at the tables around us has Any idea they would be doing a presentation. I guess in the future ill ask.

Once again, sorry it was a bad experience, hope PFTS is better!

Has anyone attended the French Family meal yet this year? Would love to know what's on the menu. There's a gorgeous crusted lamb on the website that looks delicious.

Has anyone attended the French Family meal yet this year? Would love to know what's on the menu. There's a gorgeous crusted lamb on the website that looks delicious.
They normally change their menu weekly so you will almost definitely get something totally different than whatever anyone else has already been served. We did it two years ago and the only constant seemed to be that rice was served with each meal. The meals were served in a small Le Creuset Casserole and you added the rice to what was in the dish after they brought it to the table. It was delicious but I can't recall what meat we were actually served.

My DD has a food allergy and this is her first Food and Wine festival. Does each booth have a list of ingredients for the choices like a quick service restaurant or the concession carts? Any experience with a non top 8 allergen at Epcot's Food and Wine festival would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I took a good friend of mine for her first F&W experience. Neither one of us are really "cultured", shall we say, and some of her comments on the items had me in tears:rotfl2:...

On the $16 champagne from the Almond Orchard booth..."It tastes like dirty socks":rotfl:...(she doesn't like champagne but decided to try it because we had purchased the sampler and it was a good use of the coupon...or not!)

On the BaiJoi (sp?) punch from China..."It tastes like cold dishwater"...it looked like it too. I tried a sip of hers and I agreed, it was gross:crazy2:.

I was eagerly awaiting her commentary on the food and drinks they were serving at the Mix It, Make It demo that we did, but fortunately, that was all delicious:teeth:! I was nervous to see three red wines and one white because reds tend to give me headaches:headache:. I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty they were and no headache followed:love:.

My DD has a food allergy and this is her first Food and Wine festival. Does each booth have a list of ingredients for the choices like a quick service restaurant or the concession carts? Any experience with a non top 8 allergen at Epcot's Food and Wine festival would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

My food allergy is seafood so it was pretty easy to Police. I don't remember seeing if a particular food was say gluten free so I would ask the CM where you pay if they have an ingredient list.

... nevermind...

Last edited:

Thanks!

Each booth is supposed to have a book that lists the ingredients for each item they are serving. If I remember correctly they have the book at the window where they serve the food from so best to ask the CM's stationed there before you try to order rather than at the actual registers where you order from.

I attended PFTS last night with guaranteed seating. My wife and I were placed at a table with two others which was fine because we had a great conversation. I really enjoyed this year as there was no stampede at 7:30 to rush and look for a table. We were able to walk around to the various stations together without worrying about trying to hold our seat.They actually let us in early at about 7:20 which I was surprised by. I didn't see a cheese station in the WVL but I did see a bar.

There was a station with chocolate truffles which was my first stop as I knew they would run out before the end of the night (they ran out with an hour to go). There were more non dessert items this year than last. My wife is a vegetarian and all of the chefs were very accommodating.

My table was next to Robert Irvine who was there with his family so lots of people were taking pictures with him. Hmmm what else...the entertainment was a saxophonist by the name of Grace Kelly followed by a dj which was nice. The food was excellent except some of the items were cold near the end of the night. I had an excellent time and will be attending next year once again in guaranteed seating.

I attended PFTS last night with guaranteed seating. My wife and I were placed at a table with two others which was fine because we had a great conversation. I really enjoyed this year as there was no stampede at 7:30 to rush and look for a table. We were able to walk around to the various stations together without worrying about trying to hold our seat.They actually let us in early at about 7:20 which I was surprised by. I didn't see a cheese station in the WVL but I did see a bar.

There was a station with chocolate truffles which was my first stop as I knew they would run out before the end of the night (they ran out with an hour to go). There were more non dessert items this year than last. My wife is a vegetarian and all of the chefs were very accommodating.

My table was next to Robert Irvine who was there with his family so lots of people were taking pictures with him. Hmmm what else...the entertainment was a saxophonist by the name of Grace Kelly followed by a dj which was nice. The food was excellent except some of the items were cold near the end of the night. I had an excellent time and will be attending next year once again in guaranteed seating.

Thanks

We are going 11/11. I got Disney to change us from Wine View to reserved seating as there was no reason to pay for Wine View after the cutbacks.

Hard to say since it changes every week. We had a chicken dish last Sunday. We were so full of food and wine I did not want to eat or drink anything but water for the rest of the day! We did stop at Ample Hills creamery after the last concert of the night though.

Can it be??? After months of anticipation we are waking up an uber ride from EPCOT!

No plans at all today except to head over by noon and stroll around and sample until we don't want to any more!

let the 12 day adventure begin! Cheers

Have a wonderful time! :)

Hard to say since it changes every week. We had a chicken dish last Sunday. We were so full of food and wine I did not want to eat or drink anything but water for the rest of the day! We did stop at Ample Hills creamery after the last concert of the night though.
Thanks. I'd be happy with chicken (or beef). I'm a tad picky with seafood so just hoping that's not the main dish. Shrimp, lobster and some fish I like, other fish I don't nor mussels at all.

Glad you enjoyed your meal, shows and ice cream!

Last edited:
No one came to mention that Robert Irvine was great today at the Sunday brunch event? We brought our nieces (who had never heard of him) with us because WE have seen Robert before and really enjoyed him. They both enjoyed the food and the show, too. It was a bit chaotic to start because people didn't pay attention to their table assignments and someone was sitting in one of our seats. But as soon as that was straightened out, most things smoothly. The dish Robert cooked for us was lamb. My niece is a REALLY picky eater and I was amazed that she TRIED it! I guess she was impressed by his presentation.

This was our only "extra" event for Food and Wine this year. Based on the couple of reviews I read, I'm glad we skipped PFTS. That was our other choice of event to take the girls to if I had not been able to get a reservation for Robert's presentation.

No one came to mention that Robert Irvine was great today at the Sunday brunch event? We brought our nieces (who had never heard of him) with us because WE have seen Robert before and really enjoyed him. They both enjoyed the food and the show, too. It was a bit chaotic to start because people didn't pay attention to their table assignments and someone was sitting in one of our seats. But as soon as that was straightened out, most things smoothly. The dish Robert cooked for us was lamb. My niece is a REALLY picky eater and I was amazed that she TRIED it! I guess she was impressed by his presentation.

This was our only "extra" event for Food and Wine this year. Based on the couple of reviews I read, I'm glad we skipped PFTS. That was our other choice of event to take the girls to if I had not been able to get a reservation for Robert's presentation.

We saw Robert Irvine last year and it was fun. He cooked scallops last year. Did you get your picture with him after the event?

We attended this a few weeks ago and loved it. The main entree served in the Le Creuset pan was a beef bourguignon which was wonderful. Many other fabulous courses and at they even wrote Happy Birthday in chocolate on my plate.

We saw Robert Irvine last year and it was fun. He cooked scallops last year. Did you get your picture with him after the event?
We did! We have also seen Robert Irvine before. Maybe 3 or 4 years ago? He did an event like the one this morning and then also had a station at PFTS. Come to think of it, I think he did lamb that year, too! I would much have preferred scallops. But he didn't ask me. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter