2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

They said it wouldn't be the Festival Center for the Flower and Garden festival, didn't they? If so, that's pretty short notice! So I wonder where the festival center will be now. They'd better start scrambling to find a spot!

So i just read a post on the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies forum referencing Kenny the Pirate and a F&W start date of Aug 31. I've seen that name mentioned here before but I don't know who he is. How reliable is this info? Has anyone else heard anything?

So i just read a post on the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies forum referencing Kenny the Pirate and a F&W start date of Aug 31. I've seen that name mentioned here before but I don't know who he is. How reliable is this info? Has anyone else heard anything?
I'm familiar with the website but don't know about his accuracy. I was hoping that the September 2018 park hours would be out this morning, maybe they will out later today. That will tell story as Epcot is usually open an additional hour on Friday and Saturday nights during the run of the festival. I also think the festival will start on 8/31 because the closing time for Epcot on that Friday is one hour later than the other days of that week.

We're roughly six months away from the start of the 2018 festival, seems like Disney would get their act together and make an announcement so people can plan travel, book airfare, etc.

I don't think it usually opens on a Friday does it? I would guess they would do Thursday the 30th.

I don't think it usually opens on a Friday does it? I would guess they would do Thursday the 30th.
I was thinking the same thing. I’m really hoping they start on Thursday. We return back home on 08/31. Last year we were lucky enough to enjoy two days.

Catching at least a couple of days of F and W festival would be really great while we are there!! Fun Fun!!

He's pretty reliable.

Am I the only one thinking... this just might be the year to skip. Even based on Disney's "no advance warning" system this seems late to not even have announced dates. I am looking at some other options!

If Food & Wine doesn't start Labor Day - my mother and I are just going to have fun with V&A, California Grill Brunch and Wine Bar George. For our November Trip, it will be a lot of Disney Spring bar hopping time and maybe some Universal Visits as well.

Am I the only one thinking... this just might be the year to skip. Even based on Disney's "no advance warning" system this seems late to not even have announced dates. I am looking at some other options!
I'm not planning on going this year, have a Disney cruise booked instead. After about seven to eight consecutive years going, its time to take a break.

I'm sure Disney knows that the masses will come to the festival irregardless of when the dates are announced. There are October and November dates that are already sold out at many of the resorts. For people who would like to travel in late August, this presents a major planning issue, especially if you need to book airfare.

At least I will not have to stress out this year about when will the marketplace menus be released, when will the special events be released, when will reservations begin, and all of the other crazy planning stuff that goes along with attending F&W.

If you go into My Itinerary to view the hours for Labor Day and the following weekend (as someone here showed me how to do LOL) it shows 10pm closings for the first two weekends in September. So that indicates it was be going then.

Certainly seems like something is up and behind the lack of announcement/vague timing. And there’s the Festival Center question too. Certainly other open spaces in the park but if doing culinary demos need to outfit the “show kitchen” as well as have to have the backstage kitchen/prep area. I hate to be cynical but I imagine the first events in the new space will be chaos. That said, am still hopeful and looking forward to another festival! I just wish they’d offer some details!!

Certainly seems like something is up and behind the lack of announcement/vague timing. And there’s the Festival Center question too. Certainly other open spaces in the park but if doing culinary demos need to outfit the “show kitchen” as well as have to have the backstage kitchen/prep area. I hate to be cynical but I imagine the first events in the new space will be chaos. That said, am still hopeful and looking forward to another festival! I just wish they’d offer some details!!

They used to use the Odyssey Center so I think they could go back to that again. It would just take away the Craft Beer station but that could move to Innovations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter