2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

::sigh::

Nope. I got a very helpful CM and explained to her exactly what @SOAT said to do. She said her system defaults to that but she tried manually entering an end time anyway. She also tried different party sizes and a couple of other tricks, but wasn't able to book. Sorry @Astryd

Sorry you cant seem to get yours either. We even changed our flights to a day earlier for this and added another night for this event, be cause our flight came in too close to the starting time for this. Oh well. My AP expires in December, my DH and I will be going for a short trip in December, but Im not renewing my AP, we will be going elsewhere. This is just too much work for what we are getting and the price we are paying.

::sigh::

Nope. I got a very helpful CM and explained to her exactly what @SOAT said to do. She said her system defaults to that but she tried manually entering an end time anyway. She also tried different party sizes and a couple of other tricks, but wasn't able to book. Sorry @Astryd

I am so sorry you were unable to get it. Maybe it is not fully booked and this is just more IT problems. On a related note, I really wish Flying Fish would resume their Chef's Tastings. That way, we would not have to wait all year to enjoy his food! Has anyone heard anything about when they might resume that? It stopped the moment Little T took over, but you can still see it in the Disney site.

Hi, I have a question about the $17 culinary demos. I understand they give you a sample size of whatever food they are cooking, but do they also give you an alcoholic beverage? Is it a sample size or full size? Just trying to understand since I've read conflicting things... thanks!

Hi, I have a question about the $17 culinary demos. I understand they give you a sample size of whatever food they are cooking, but do they also give you an alcoholic beverage? Is it a sample size or full size? Just trying to understand since I've read conflicting things... thanks!

I know that what they give you is a sample size. I remember because DH went for the first time last year and he thought he'd be getting a full size, so he didn't eat breakfast. To say he was grumpy afterwards is an understatement. I knew it was just a sample size, so I was fine. And yes, they do give you an alcoholic beverage. It may be wine or champagne, depending on what they determine goes best with the dish.
And regarding the specifics of beverage demonstrations, I had the same questions. So I really appreciate the pictures. We just booked our first beverage demonstration this year. Tried for one, but it was sold out, both in prebooking, and then during the first few hours of regular booking. Who knew Austrian Wine was so popular! So I don't even know what we ook, California wine, I think.

I can't seem to find if it was said but roughly how long are the Demo Seminars? Thanks for any help.

I remember the culinary seminars when they were free. Had nothing to do with drinking. There would be the same people who would show up no matter what day it was and they'd get in line, then leave the seminar early and run around to get in line for the next one. All day long, every day.

They didn't put enough in the wine/beer samples to slam them down. Hardly anybody could get stinking drunk on those. at least not the wine sampling ones or the Sam Adams tastings. People just wanted the free stuff.

Seminars are about 45 minutes. For the culinary ones they give a sample of wine but it is in a regular size glass. I don't think it is a full pour.

We found the last week of October to be miserable last year, and specifically targeted the end of F&W for next year, hopefully for the bestest weather and a chance at MVMCP. I'd go in September for a few days if I had the opportunity, though...

Hrm.
I really enjoy end of October and was there last year - fist week of November is also very good as you get the Halloween and Christmas decorations - amazing how quick they change it over

Oh and I like the warm weather - especially before having to deal with the winter- although the sudden downpours can be annoying

I really enjoy end of October and was there last year - fist week of November is also very good as you get the Halloween and Christmas decorations - amazing how quick they change it over

Oh and I like the warm weather - especially before having to deal with the winter- although the sudden downpours can be annoying

Do you know how early the Christmas decorations were put up in MK last year? We will be there Oct 28th-Nov 5th

Do you know how early the Christmas decorations were put up in MK last year? We will be there Oct 28th-Nov 5th
I think by Saturday at the latest - If I recall correctly they were up on the morning after the last MNSSHP - Ive been at that time so many yeears I cant say for sure - but almost always by the Saturday after Halloween. You may even see the tree in Epcot by that time

For those of you playing along with the "does Signature Dining actually exist?" game... I tried again this morning and the CM had the same trouble as the one yesterday. They can find the SD events but can't book any of them. They know they aren't sold out. There's now a note on at least some of them to tell guests attempting to book them to try back later if unsuccessful, but no additional information.

I was able to book the signature dinner at Tiffins on Tuesday with no problem. She just found it without any special research!

Gosh, I hope you're eventually able to get what you want!

Can anyone share some insight for the Wine Tasting Seminars?? What are they like and would you recommend them??

They did at our duck seminar. Both the sample dish and sample wine were similar to the booth sample sizes in my foggy memory.

Funny. We've brought our kids to multiple demos as young as maybe 7yo and CMs/staff never seemed rattled. Just asked them what they wanted to drink.

The only issues I've seen with children at the demos is with parents who didn't realize that they'd have to buy a ticket for the kids. I've seen them bring out sodas in cans for kids and teetoatalers. Never saw anything like juice or milk though.

Sorry you cant seem to get yours either.

Gosh, I hope you're eventually able to get what you want!

I am so sorry you were unable to get it. Maybe it is not fully booked and this is just more IT problems.

Thanks, everybody. It's just frustrating because I really do think it is *not* sold out. I wish someone on that end could just definitively tell me! Even if it's full, at least I'd know and could stop calling two or three times a day to check.

Can anyone share some insight for the Wine Tasting Seminars?? What are they like and would you recommend them??
The beverage seminars are $17 each and last about 45 minutes. A representative from the winery, beer company, or distillery, generally gives an overview of their products. If its wine tasting, the winery usually will have a short presentation on their vineyards, the types of grapes that they use, and other information. Often there will be a video showing the vineyards and a history of the company. There are usually three beverages which are presented for tasting. The presenter will give a description of the wine (or spirit) and what to expect from the tasting.

The beverage seminars are $17 each and last about 45 minutes. A representative from the winery, beer company, or distillery, generally gives an overview of their products. If its wine tasting, the winery usually will have a short presentation on their vineyards, the types of grapes that they use, and other information. Often there will be a video showing the vineyards and a history of the company. There are usually three beverages which are presented for tasting. The presenter will give a description of the wine (or spirit) and what to expect from the tasting.

Thank you very much!

I'm really irritated that I can't book some of the special dining events online. I keep checking to see if the booking for the Tequila lunch is available. I don't want to actually pick up the phone and talk to someone.

I'm really irritated that I can't book some of the special dining events online. I keep checking to see if the booking for the Tequila lunch is available. I don't want to actually pick up the phone and talk to someone.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to. For whatever reason, some of these events just aren't available online. The good news is, at this point, you can pretty much get right through on the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter