2017 Gay Days @ the Walt Disney World Resort

dano4

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
2017 Gay Days @ the Walt Disney World Resort is just about four months away and I can't wait! My partner and I will be flying in late Tuesday May 30th and flying out Tuesday June 6th. We're staying at Disney's Polynesian Villas for the very first time! I'll be posting our itinerary soon as well as details for the ever popular monorail crawl that will be held Wednesday May 31st. Looking forward to connecting with familiar faces and hoping to make some new friends as well.

I've been waiting for this thread to get started. My BF and I are coming in on Thursday June 1st and staying until June 5th at Walt Disney World's Yacht Club. Is it me or does it seem like Gay Days is a smaller affair than it was last year? There seems to be less festivities and such.

Solomon

Last edited:
2017 Gay Days @ the Walt Disney World Resort is just about four months away and I can't wait! My partner and I will be flying in late Tuesday May 30th and flying out Tuesday June 6th. We're staying at Disney's Polynesian Villas for the very first time! I'll be posting our itinerary soon as well as details for the ever popular monorail crawl that will be held Wednesday May 31st. Looking forward to connecting with familiar faces and hoping to make some new friends as well.
Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Marcel

Woots! Yay! Woohoo! Dan has started the thread this year for what is guaranteed to be another fabulously fun time at gay days! We are ready for the fun to begin! We fly in on Wednesday morning, May 31st and stay until Monday, June 5th. For anybody who has never joined us for the monorail crawl, it is a "must do!!!" Last year, it was one of the highlights of the week, and we really enjoyed meeting new friends from all over. Oh, and we just happened to be the last two survivors of the night. LOL! I can't wait! I can't wait! This is always such a fun week!
Solomon, it does appear as though there may not be as many OMW events this year. They had so many last year, that I wonder if they had to cut back a bit this year. Our Arizona buds are highly recommending Riptide on Friday night at Typhoon Lagoon and spending Sunday at Epcot.
Oh, and for those of you who have never been to gay days at Disney before, you really have no idea what you have been missing out on!

Riptide is always one of the highlights of our visit and I'm sure this year will be no exception. We used to purchase the VIP pass but due to the fact that they restrict you to a private area to indulge in your unlimited adult beverages, we now purchase just the regular ticket. It's much more fun to freely walk around Disney's Typhoon Lagoon with your drink. Last year, nine of us hung together enjoying the music and scenery. I think we even managed to stow away on two rafts for a journey down Gang Plank Falls together. Check out the link below if you're interested in joining us.

http://www.onemagicalweekend.com/riptide.php

Woots! Yay! Woohoo! Dan has started the thread this year for what is guaranteed to be another fabulously fun time at gay days! We are ready for the fun to begin! We fly in on Wednesday morning, May 31st and stay until Monday, June 5th. For anybody who has never joined us for the monorail crawl, it is a "must do!!!" Last year, it was one of the highlights of the week, and we really enjoyed meeting new friends from all over. Oh, and we just happened to be the last two survivors of the night. LOL! I can't wait! I can't wait! This is always such a fun week!
Solomon, it does appear as though there may not be as many OMW events this year. They had so many last year, that I wonder if they had to cut back a bit this year. Our Arizona buds are highly recommending Riptide on Friday night at Typhoon Lagoon and spending Sunday at Epcot.
Oh, and for those of you who have never been to gay days at Disney before, you really have no idea what you have been missing out on!
Yes Far City Guy....it will be good to see you bois again this year. It was really fun to meet you last year on Dano's monorail Crawl! And then hang out a bit after that. And I am very happy to hear that you guys are looking at Rip Tide and Sunday at Epcot.....those should both be good times.....and don't worry.......I will keep prodding Dano to post some more details about this year's Crawl :) .......but in the meantime....you know how he likes to keep us in suspense......so :ssst: until then.

Last edited:

Hey, dano! Something you may want to think about for this year's crawl is hitting the Grand Floridian before the Polynesian. That outdoor patio bar next to Trader Vic's Grotto at the Polynesian is a great place to see the fireworks over the MK. They even pipe in the soundtrack there. Not to mention that since you guys will be staying there, you can enjoy an extra drink or two and still be able to get back to your villa. Hehehe.

Hey, dano! Something you may want to think about for this year's crawl is hitting the Grand Floridian before the Polynesian. That outdoor patio bar next to Trader Vic's Grotto at the Polynesian is a great place to see the fireworks over the MK. They even pipe in the soundtrack there. Not to mention that since you guys will be staying there, you can enjoy an extra drink or two and still be able to get back to your villa. Hehehe.
Hey Far City Guy.....Now that's a pretty good idea.....this way Dano can just stumble back to his room instead of tripping onto his face on the monorail platform :)

If you want another quick way to keep up on Dano's Monorail Crawl, you can join a group on FaceBook. Look for "Gay Days Disney Monorail Crawl".

Riptide is always one of the highlights of our visit and I'm sure this year will be no exception. We used to purchase the VIP pass but due to the fact that they restrict you to a private area to indulge in your unlimited adult beverages, we now purchase just the regular ticket. It's much more fun to freely walk around Disney's Typhoon Lagoon with your drink. Last year, nine of us hung together enjoying the music and scenery. I think we even managed to stow away on two rafts for a journey down Gang Plank Falls together. Check out the link below if you're interested in joining us.

http://www.onemagicalweekend.com/riptide.php

New waterslide coming to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon

According to the Disney Parks Blog, the new ride, Miss Adventure Falls, will open in March and will become the longest ride in the history of Disney's water parks.

The pirate-themed, four-person attraction allows families to voyage to find the tropical treasure of "Captain Mary Oceaneer—a sea-faring treasure hunter whose haul was caught in a rogue typhoon."

Of course, no ride is complete without a slightly creepy audio-animatronic parrot, the captain's diving partner, which will interact with riders on the aquatic coaster.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...w-waterslide-coming-to-disneys-typhoon-lagoon

I have only been to WDW twice in my life and one of those times was as a child. The other was in 2014 with my wife on our honeymoon. She is not so much the Disney Freak I am, but I just might be able to persuade her to take a trip to WDW during this time if not this year in the future. It sounds like a blast.

New waterslide coming to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
According to the Disney Parks Blog, the new ride, Miss Adventure Falls, will open in March and will become the longest ride in the history of Disney's water parks.

The pirate-themed, four-person attraction allows families to voyage to find the tropical treasure of "Captain Mary Oceaneer—a sea-faring treasure hunter whose haul was caught in a rogue typhoon."

Of course, no ride is complete without a slightly creepy audio-animatronic parrot, the captain's diving partner, which will interact with riders on the aquatic coaster.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...w-waterslide-coming-to-disneys-typhoon-lagoon

That sounds like ALOT of fun. I've never been to the Riptide party before (or Typhoon Lagoon) for that matter. Are there alot of thrill sounding rides like this one there? In my head I always assumed there was like a lazy river...and a tub.

Solomon

Last edited:
I have only been to WDW twice in my life and one of those times was as a child. The other was in 2014 with my wife on our honeymoon. She is not so much the Disney Freak I am, but I just might be able to persuade her to take a trip to WDW during this time if not this year in the future. It sounds like a blast.

You should absolutely come! I've gone for the last two years and had an amazing time each time. There's nothing quite like it.

Solomon

That sounds like ALOT of fun. I've never been to the Riptide party before (or Typhoon Lagoon) for that matter. Are there alot of thrill sounding rides like this one there? In my head I always assumed there was like a lazy river...and a tub.

Solomon
No, not really. There is the lazy river, some tube slides and the main pool area. They have one ride that is better but it closes within the first hour or so. We missed it last year. This one sounds more thrilling that it likely will be. I got the impression is was fun but not a huge thrill ride. If it is then it will likely close early too. It's mainly drinking, dancing...

My husband & I will be back this year...looking forward to meeting some new people again...we will be staying at the WDW Swan & attending the parks on their specific days in addition to Riptide on Friday night which is a MUST do....lots of fun meeting new people, drinking, dancing & enjoying the waterslides.

My husband & I will be back this year...looking forward to meeting some new people again...we will be staying at the WDW Swan & attending the parks on their specific days in addition to Riptide on Friday night which is a MUST do....lots of fun meeting new people, drinking, dancing & enjoying the waterslides.
I hope that you guys will be able to join us for the monorail crawl on Wednesday night, too! We had a lot of fun last year meeting some of the guys on Wednesday night and then being able to hang out with them some during the following days. It will be cool this year to once again re-connect with the guys we met last year.

It is really a fun time for sure.....convince her that she will have a blast at the monorail crawl, rip tide and of course just the sea of red shirts at the parks.

If you are arriving on Wednesday.....be sure to check out Dano's Monorail Crawl.....it is a great way to get to know some new people and have a lot of fun besides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!