2017 Gay Days @ the Walt Disney World Resort

Okay guys. I've never been to Disney World. My partner of 16 years and I are going during the "Gay Days". Any suggestions on where to stay? Should we do a BRB? Should we stay on the resort? If we stay on the resort, what's the best hotel? What time is this monorail crawl on Wednesday, it sounds fun!

Okay guys. I've never been to Disney World. My partner of 16 years and I are going during the "Gay Days". Any suggestions on where to stay? Should we do a BRB? Should we stay on the resort? If we stay on the resort, what's the best hotel? What time is this monorail crawl on Wednesday, it sounds fun!

Below is pasted from page 2 of this thread.

OK, I will offer my "two cents worth" about "where to stay." If the primary purpose of your trip is to visit all of the WDW theme parks, then I would think that staying at one of the Disney Resort hotels would have some nice perks. If you are interested in taking in some of the pool parties and other events happening throughout the Orlando area, then you can consider some other options: One Magical Weekend has the B Resort for its host hotel, the bears Tidal Wave event has the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs for its host hotel, the host hotel for Gay Days, Inc. is the Doubletree at Seaworld. Now, if you are on a budget (my hand goes up), then I highly suggest a hotel close to any of the three host hotels. My friend and I have found Uber to be a great way to get around, and we enjoy attending some of the parties at the Parliament House and the pool parties, in addition to going to the Disney parks. The great news is that there are so many hotels in and close to the WDW area, that you should easily be able to find a place that meets your budget and convenience to most all of the events.

Our annual passes expire today. I called to renew them and to my surprise, the new passes won't expire until June 28, 2018. Not only do we have tickets for this year, but also next year's gay days. When you purchase or renew an annual pass, currently, you get thirteen months instead of twelve. I believe this has something to do with the 45th anniversary of Magic Kingdom. Only 63 more days until check-in and just 3 days until we can select our fast passes! Can't wait!

Our annual passes expire today. I called to renew them and to my surprise, the new passes won't expire until June 28, 2018. Not only do we have tickets for this year, but also next year's gay days. When you purchase or renew an annual pass, currently, you get thirteen months instead of twelve. I believe this has something to do with the 45th anniversary of Magic Kingdom. Only 63 more days until check-in and just 3 days until we can select our fast passes! Can't wait!
And 64 more days to Dano's 4th Annual MonoRail Crawl! :drinking::drinking::drinking:

So yes, Far City Guy has provided various options for hotels. I will focus a bit more on Disney Resorts because we primarily do the Parks for Gay Days. By staying "on property", you can book your FP at 60 days instead of 30. Furthermore, you will get free transportation from your resort to/from the Parks (so no parking lot fees for those who might have a rental car and no uber/cab fees). And also free transportation ("Magical Express") to/from MCO, including your luggage which leaves your home airport and will then arrive at your Disney room after check in. Plus it ads to the total Disney experience if your Gay Days is focused on the Parks. As far as where to stay, check out My Disney Experience. Disney has 20+ resorts and offers "value resorts", "moderate resorts" and "deluxe resorts". Although they are a bit more expensive, we prefer staying on either the Monorail resorts (Contemporary, Bay Lake, Polynesian or the Grand Floridian) or the Epcot resorts (Beach club, Yacht Club, Swan, Dolphin or the Boardwalk). One way to cut the costs of these resorts a bit, is to check out "Daves DVC Rental". Ok......there's my 2 cents.:sunny:

Hi everyone - wanted to say hello and check in for our first Gay Days at WDW! My partner and I are really looking forward to it and bringing along a Disney first timer. Arriving for the week on May 30th and staying at the Boardwalk Villas until June 5th. Both Riptide and the Monorail crawl sound like some great fun. We have dinner reservations at 'Ohana the night of the crawl so hopefully we could start and/or end the night with the group. ;)

Dave and Alan

Jumping in here, I think there have been some excellent points.

Hotel preference is subjective to what you're comfortable with... both price and comfort-level. I will say, if you're staying on property, the resorts are all unique, but none are actually bad. I don't like the Grand Floridian, but I love Old Key West. It's just personal style and preference.

If you want to do both the parties and the parks, think long and hard about the distance between the two. The host hotel may not look that far away on a map, but that is NOT a fun drive with traffic and definitely would get expensive Uber/Lyft-ing back and forth. From host hotel to the MK train station, I'd say you'd need at least an hour, but it would probably be closer to 1.5 by the time you drive, park, walk, tram, security, monorail/ferry. If you're only doing that one day, though, it's certainly less expensive to stay over near the parties and you wouldn't have to drive to those. And, if you're going to P-House or something downtown, I haven't cabbed it in a while, but it was close to $50 each way the last time I did from Disney (which was probably 8 years ago).

My opinion is, it's hard to do both, but it sure is easy to have fun no matter what you decide to do or stay!

Hey, Bdawg! The early gathering for the monorail crawl actually starts at Crockett's Tavern at Ft. Wilderness. So, if you guys get an early enough start, you may arrive in time. If not, maybe you can join in a bit later that evening. In the worse case, maybe you can meet up with our "helluva lot of fun" group on Thursday at AK.

Thanks for the reminder. It's not likely we'll actually make it down there in time due to how long of a day that is. Plus, after sitting over the engine all day in the Florida heat, you'll definitely want me to take time to shower before hanging out with you all night.

Jumping in here, I think there have been some excellent points.

Hotel preference is subjective to what you're comfortable with... both price and comfort-level. I will say, if you're staying on property, the resorts are all unique, but none are actually bad. I don't like the Grand Floridian, but I love Old Key West. It's just personal style and preference.

If you want to do both the parties and the parks, think long and hard about the distance between the two. The host hotel may not look that far away on a map, but that is NOT a fun drive with traffic and definitely would get expensive Uber/Lyft-ing back and forth. From host hotel to the MK train station, I'd say you'd need at least an hour, but it would probably be closer to 1.5 by the time you drive, park, walk, tram, security, monorail/ferry. If you're only doing that one day, though, it's certainly less expensive to stay over near the parties and you wouldn't have to drive to those. And, if you're going to P-House or something downtown, I haven't cabbed it in a while, but it was close to $50 each way the last time I did from Disney (which was probably 8 years ago).

My opinion is, it's hard to do both, but it sure is easy to have fun no matter what you decide to do or stay!

I second the Old Key West resort. My boyfriend and I go down to Disney several times a year and Old Key West has become one of our resort favorites. We are however staying at Bay Lake Tower this time next to MK for a little treat. If anyone needs help booking a trip, I do Disney Travel Planning as a side gig and would be happy to help anyone. It's all free :-)

Hi everyone - wanted to say hello and check in for our first Gay Days at WDW! My partner and I are really looking forward to it and bringing along a Disney first timer. Arriving for the week on May 30th and staying at the Boardwalk Villas until June 5th. Both Riptide and the Monorail crawl sound like some great fun. We have dinner reservations at 'Ohana the night of the crawl so hopefully we could start and/or end the night with the group. ;)

Dave and Alan
Hey guys....i am sure you will enjoy this experience and will most likely put it on your annual calendar.....looking forward to meeting you at the Crawl.

Hey all!!! Very much looking forward to this trip! My fiance and I now live in the Orlando area and still booked ourselves a room at Old Key West so we can partake in all of the enjoyment. Don't know anyone on this thread, but would love to join the Monorail Bar Crawl and am extremely excited to be doing the Typhoon Lagood event!!!

As recent transplants from Chicago, this will be our first Disney Gay Days and are very excited to be experiencing the rainbow magic first hand!

Hey all!!! Very much looking forward to this trip! My fiance and I now live in the Orlando area and still booked ourselves a room at Old Key West so we can partake in all of the enjoyment. Don't know anyone on this thread, but would love to join the Monorail Bar Crawl and am extremely excited to be doing the Typhoon Lagood event!!!

As recent transplants from Chicago, this will be our first Disney Gay Days and are very excited to be experiencing the rainbow magic first hand!

You're going to have a blast for sure! It's so close!

Well hey there transplant....I am quite sure you will enjoy Disney Gay Days.....i mean, what's not to enjoy? It's Disney...:).....anyway, please do join us at Dano's 4th Annual Monorail Crawl. It is a great way to kick off Gay Days and meet some new people that you may hang with at the Parks over the 4 days. And Riptide is also a favorite of ours. And needless to say, drinking around the World Sunday night is an awesome way to finish the celebration. Looking forward to meeting you guys at the Crawl.

I've hit the mark that says just 50 more days until check-in! I should probably consider what to pack.

Me and my BF were initially going to wear the obligatory red for Gay Days then we were thinking about going for a nautical look since we're staying at the Yacht Club...in the end we decided to Disneybound. Which is likely more my fault. Once he started showing me all of the cool character driven looks I was like...yea...I'm definitely doing this. Any excuse to dress up. :)

Solomon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter