2017 Hilton Head Roll Call

Hi! We are booked for Easter this year. Does anyone know if the resort does Easter Baskets?

Hi! We are booked for Easter this year. Does anyone know if the resort does Easter Baskets?

When we were there for Easter several years ago they didn't, don't know if that's changed. They did, and I think they still do, offer an Easter Brunch at the Beach House.

4th of July week....heading down from Wooster, Ohio in our SUV!

(Just a little Gregg Russell humor there...lol)

Why is HHI such a big draw for Ohioans? I noticed nothing but Ohio car tags on two visits there, and there's even an Ohioan themed sports bar on the island too.

Rumor has it that it's just about as far as you can drive in a single day....and they marketed using bill boards at a time when this was a big deal. We had never even heard of HHI until we moved to Ohio. Then everyone talked about going there....like it was a law or something (lol).....it wasn't "Are you going to HHI?" it was "When are you guys headed to HHI this summer?" like it's just assumed! So after we bought DVC in Florida, we thought we'd give it a try and loved it so much that we bought our own DVC contract at HHI....

I remember them having them a few years ago. They also have candy giveaways and egg hunts. Or at least they did. I have been there for many holidays and there is always something holiday-themed going on. We have a very small family and it feels more festive being at the resort than at home by ourselvespixiedust:

When we were there for Easter several years ago they didn't, don't know if that's changed. They did, and I think they still do, offer an Easter Brunch at the Beach House.

Planning our second trip to HHI April 17 to 23. Flying from Detroit into Atlanta Easter evening and staying at a nearby hotel. Then will make the 4-5 hour drive first thing Monday.

Has anyone done the drive before, any recommended routes or places we should stop?

We're traveling with a 6 year old, let me know if any others with similar ages will be there. She always loves making new friends.

Going for first trip to HHI June 18-23. Driving from PA with DD16 and DD23. The west coast crew (son and future DIL) flying into Charlotte and we will collect them on our way down.

Just wanted to let you know that a section of I 85 collapsed tonight. You'll be on 20 east to get to HH most likely, but just be aware and there may be more traffic issues than usual. Edit: just saw the map and you should be able to avoid the area as it is north of Atlanta.

Planning our second trip to HHI April 17 to 23. Flying from Detroit into Atlanta Easter evening and staying at a nearby hotel. Then will make the 4-5 hour drive first thing Monday.

Has anyone done the drive before, any recommended routes or places we should stop?

We're traveling with a 6 year old, let me know if any others with similar ages will be there. She always loves making new friends.

Last edited:
We'll be on HHI in July with 43 people but at Marriott's Grande Ocean.

We will be in Hilton Head the end of April with our children and grandkids. We are staying at Waterside By Spinnaker this trip. Just bought back into Marriott Vacation Club so hoping to get to stay at Marriott Grande Ocean again or Marriott Barony in the future. Love the Disney resort, too, but always use our DVC points at Disneyworld.

I have reservations for my spouse and I in mid October. It will be our first time to visit and we plan to spend a day in Charleston and a day in Savannah.

We'll be there July 28-Aug 5. Been going for 15 years, and this is our first time flying. I will not miss driving through the parking lot that is northern VA!

Just found out no more shrimp boil on Tuesday. Do you have any go to restaurants?

Several-Skull Creek Boathouse, Black Marlin, Kenny Bs, Sea Shack, and Kroger precooked food to heat up (when we're tired of going out).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter