2017 Holiday Events Start 11/18 This Year

He hasn't gotten his schedule for that week yet. This week he's at frog Saturday and the rest of the week at ragtime gals at Jimmy Fallon

Make sure to post back so we can catch him if we can

Looking forward to seeing some videos posted :wizard: of this weekend's events.

Thank you for sharing. My son is the vocal percussionist (Gryffindor)
He was great! Loved the new songs too.

I wasn't going to watch the projection show because I didn't want any spoilers but I ended up watching it of course and...yup not gonna lie, I got all teary eyed. Well done Universal!

There's a media event going on right now, here's a video of the frog choir
and the castle show

(I could hear it from my house and saw the short fireworks at the end, even from here it looked impressive)

Thank you so much for posting this!!!! Really enjoyed it........

Thank you for sharing. My son is the vocal percussionist (Gryffindor)

Your son is so good!!! I hope I get to see him when we go next month.........

The Christmas parade at studios also got very well upgraded this year, (it was already pretty good), but the new one this year has a great many more custom floats (and large balloons)

Here's some of it I could find from the preview last night:
DO NOT WATCH if you'd rather see it in person first.

Last edited:
He was great! Loved the new songs too.

I wasn't going to watch the projection show because I didn't want any spoilers but I ended up watching it of course and...yup not gonna lie, I got all teary eyed. Well done Universal!
I'm trying not to watch the video of the projection but it's so hard :)

The Christmas parade at studios also got very well upgraded this year, (it was already pretty good), but the new one this year has a great many more custom floats (and large balloons)

Here's some of it I could find from the preview last night:

Thank you atricks!!

It's super...

There's a media event going on right now, here's a video of the frog choir
and the castle show

(I could hear it from my house and saw the short fireworks at the end, even from here it looked impressive)
Oh my gosh, 12/16 cannot get here soon enough!!! DS has no idea we are going and will be thrilled!

Yay! And more Yay!

Your DS sounds so good Yulilin.

Cannot wait. We'll see the last 4 days of the year viewing these great new stuff. So excited. Like to view it and see it in person. Thanks Atricks.

I'm having trouble finding times. I can find some for tomorrow but haven't trouble finding much past that. So, anyone know in general?

What time(s) can we expect the projection show(s) other than after dark?
Parade says 5pm most days but said 2pm another day. Is it safe to assume most days will be at 5pm then?

I could find some times for Grinchmas and Mannheim Steamroller so I just need to figure out the projection show and parade.

I don’t think the projection show is just playing once I’m pretty sure it’ll repeat throughout the night. I wish they would post more details about schedules...

Last edited:
I think the idea is to replay the projection show every 15-20 minutes or so until park close (Once it gets dark enough for it).

5PM for the Christmas parade (until Christmas week), 2pm is the normal daytime superstar parade.

So I managed to find some free time and I'm going for the 2pm frog choir set. Come say hi if you're there
I'll also be live streaming it

Last edited:
Arriving tomorrow morning. Planning To see the Macy’s parade and MS concert tomorrow night. Castle show on Monday. And Friday morning breakfast with the Grinch!

I went to the preview Friday night, and the castle projection show was better than I expected, it just works well and doesn't feel hokey at all. It's about 6-7 minutes, and it started up again every 20 minutes or half hour once we got in. (Two AP groups, and then team members, they didn't force anyone out since they had Hippogriff and Forbidden Journey running.) I was with my 2 year old, so she had to ride the kiddle coaster multiple times (once while the show was running, which was just a cool experience) The show is fairly low key and elegant, with a burst of fireworks at the end, it just works (The projection tech itself worked there better than I expected).

Today we went late in the afternoon and did the Grinchmas show (good as always), and the new Christmas parade is amazing, in my opinion better than the Christmas parade at MK even (Which is part of an upcharge event) . We watched it from by the Macy's storefront across from the big Christmas tree in NYC (Which is probably the best place to be for the parade). The parade has been improved from last year in about every way, Universal has really stepped up the parade game with this one. Also ran into Tim Tracker... again (5th time this year).

We didn't see Mannheim, Diagon Celestina show, the Barney Christmas show, or the Frog Choir, unfortunately, but will be back again for that later (only so much the 2 year old can take). I did hear Hogsmeade was absolutely slammed packed tonight (like when it first opened) once dusk rolled around. The preview Friday was nice since it wasn't too crowded.

I have a feeling word of mouth will spread quickly and this will probably be the busiest Christmas season ever at Universal.

A few photos (I didn't take much):

23658718_10210824203186548_2856731509365471406_n[1].jpg 23559789_10210824205546607_8837901809580744054_n[1].jpg 23659390_10210824206306626_4427585069239805396_n[1].jpg 23659241_10210830855552853_3666958351024276803_n[1].jpg

Last edited:
So I managed to find some free time and I'm going for the 2pm frog choir set. Come say hi if you're there
I'll also be live streaming it

We caught the 10:30 show and your son (and the whole group) was excellent. It’s really good.

We had planned to catch both the parade and MS concert tonight but the parade was pushed back to 5:30 which made it impossible to feed hungry kids between (and it seemed like they were late on top of that). We ended up seeing the floats from the windows of Finnegans and they looked awesome. We’re going to see the parade proper tomorrow night. MS was really good. I only got to see half the show because my DS5 was Done but it was good. DH and DDs stayed. Maybe because it was an older crowd but everyone stayed sitting during the show which worked out great for the kids. They were able to actually see the stage.

Parade and castle tomorrow night. :santa:

I went to the preview Friday night, and the castle projection show was better than I expected, it just works well and doesn't feel hokey at all. It's about 6-7 minutes, and it started up again every 20 minutes or half hour once we got in. (Two AP groups, and then team members, they didn't force anyone out since they had Hippogriff and Forbidden Journey running.) I was with my 2 year old, so she had to ride the kiddle coaster multiple times (once while the show was running, which was just a cool experience) The show is fairly low key and elegant, with a burst of fireworks at the end, it just works (The projection tech itself worked there better than I expected).

Today we went late in the afternoon and did the Grinchmas show (good as always), and the new Christmas parade is amazing, in my opinion better than the Christmas parade at MK even (Which is part of an upcharge event) . We watched it from by the Macy's storefront across from the big Christmas tree in NYC (Which is probably the best place to be for the parade). The parade has been improved from last year in about every way, Universal has really stepped up the parade game with this one. Also ran into Tim Tracker... again (5th time this year).

We didn't see Mannheim, Diagon Celestina show, the Barney Christmas show, or the Frog Choir, unfortunately, but will be back again for that later (only so much the 2 year old can take). I did hear Hogsmeade was absolutely slammed packed tonight (like when it first opened) once dusk rolled around. The preview Friday was nice since it wasn't too crowded.

I have a feeling word of mouth will spread quickly and this will probably be the busiest Christmas season ever at Universal.

A few photos (I didn't take much):

View attachment 284034 View attachment 284035 View attachment 284036 View attachment 284037

I'm going to be streaming the parade at 5:30 on Monday from the same spot you watched, how long do you think it takes to arrive at that spot and how long is the actual parade? The plan is to watch the parade and then head to Hogsmead for the projection show, I hope I have enough time

Interested to see how the timing of everything works out. I will be there on December 16th park to park and obviously can’t do everything but would like to see the parade and the projection show and maybe one of the singing performances.

I'm going to be streaming the parade at 5:30 on Monday from the same spot you watched, how long do you think it takes to arrive at that spot and how long is the actual parade? The plan is to watch the parade and then head to Hogsmead for the projection show, I hope I have enough time

We got there around 45 minutes before the parade (mainly because we thought the parade was at 5, but it was actually 5:30) Anywhere by Mummy or the tree is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter