2017 MLB Playoff Thread - Predictions?

soccerdad72

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I'm jumping the gun a day or two, but with 98% or so of the playoff picture set, I thought I'd throw this out there. Who you got in the various playoff series?

AL Wild Card:
  • New York Yankees versus Minnesota Twins
AL Division Series:
  • Cleveland Indians versus Wild Card Winner
  • Houston Astros versus Boston Red Sox

NL Wild Card:
  • Colorado Rockies versus Arizona Diamondbacks

NL Division Series:
  • Los Angeles Dodgers versus Wild Card Winner
  • Washington Nationals versus Chicago Cubs

My predictions? I would go with the Yankees and Diamonbacks winning their wild card games, but neither of them winning the divisional series. The Dodgers had their slump, but I think they've got themselves going in the right direction now.

So, divisional series, I would say the Indians over the Yankees, the Red Sox over the Astros in the AL (no clue why the Red Sox, just a gut feeling). In the NL, the Dodgers over the Diamonbacks and the Nationals over the Cubs (sorry, Cubs Nation ;) )

Indians over the Red Sox and Nationals over the Dodgers in the LCS.

I'd love to say Indians take it all, but I'm a Clevelander, so I'm too pessimistic. :p So I'll say Nationals win it all.

Anyone else? :)

Since my Rangers are knocked out, I predict Indians to take it all. Cleveland is a steamroller this year. And my hope/desire/dearest wish is that the Astros get knocked out in the first round.

For the AL I would like to see either the Twins, Astros, or Indians go to the WS.

For the NL I would like to see either the Nats, Rockies or D-Backs go to the WS.

I predict how ever the tribe looses it will be heart breaking, and i will enjoy it because I love pain

Scherzer may have an injury for the Nats. I'll go ahead and take the Cubs in that matchup. Nats remind me of the Capitals in the NHL. They're so good every year but just can't get it done when it counts.

I know who I want to win, but I don't want to jinx them. So I'm not going to say it out loud. I do know who I don't want to win - the Nats, the Yanks or the Sox.

So I'll say Nationals win it all.

I SO hope you are right. But, being from the city of sports disappointments, I wonder if we will even get past the Cubs. :sad2: Even if Scherzer is heathy. But then, I am a Caps fan....

The Yankees, Red Sox, Twins, Dodgers, Cubs, and Diamondbacks have won the World Series in my lifetime, so they're out.

The Indians, Rockies and Astros have made it to the WS, so I'll eliminate them.

That leaves the National Expos win it all.

I predict how ever the tribe looses it will be heart breaking, and i will enjoy it because I love pain

Spoken like a true long suffering Cleveland fan! I am going to be optimistic and say Cleveland all the way! I do wish they would change their team name though.

Bumping up - the Yankees are through and on to the ALDS against Cleveland.

As an Indians fan, I didn't care much either way who won, but it was nice to see both teams burn through their bullpens two days before the ALDS starts. ;)

As an Indians fan, I didn't care much either way who won, but it was nice to see both teams burn through their bullpens two days before the ALDS starts. ;)

Good point. That was a crazy game!

I'd love to say Indians take it all, but I'm a Clevelander, so I'm too pessimistic. :p So I'll say Nationals win it all.

Spoken like a true long suffering Cleveland fan! I am going to be optimistic and say Cleveland all the way! I do wish they would change their team name though.
My people!! :grouphug:

Lifelong Tribe fan here (@georgina I agree, despite being a lifelong fan I am rooting for a team name change and am more than happy to embrace the block C logo)...I was devastated in '95 and '97, and again last year (actually was in MK when the Championship parade was about to start - salt in the wound!). The Cavs winning was amazing, but baseball has been my #1 true love, so if the Tribe wins this thing I'll lose my freaking mind. :teeth:

Not surprised that the Yankees won yesterday. As for the other series...well, I can't say I follow other teams too closely, but why not?

Cleveland Indians versus New York Yankees (CLEVELAND OH PLEASE)
Houston Astros versus Boston Red Sox - Houston

Colorado Rockies versus Arizona Diamondbacks - Arizona

Los Angeles Dodgers versus Wild Card Winner - LA
Washington Nationals versus Chicago Cubs - Washington

Thinking it'll be a LA/Cleveland World Series.

What a crazy game!! The first two innings seemed to go on forever, must have been so stressful for the NYY/Twins fans to watch that one!

I feel sad about the Yankees winning yesterday. I am not a big fan, and was rooting for the underdogs.

Tonight's game I feel ambivalent about. I suppose I prefer the Rockies. Will watch if it's still going on when I am home at 10ish. I am truly a baseball junkie.

I am a die hard any Boston/New England team. That being said unless we make a major turnaround in hitting, not looking so good

Tribe fan here.

More worried about the Yankees series than I am about the potential ALCS against Boston or Houston.

Yankees are playing really well, and it's a short series, so anything can happen.

I predict Cleveland vs. L.A.

Which means it'll be Houston vs. Washington.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!