2017 MLB Playoff Thread - Predictions?

Wow - that Yanks/Indians game 2 was very interesting! When I saw the Yanks had handled Kluber and were winning 8-3, I figured they would win and have some momentum going to the Bronx. Then when Lindor hit the grand slam and then Bruce tied it, I just had a feeling the Yanks would lose.

And I'm petty enough to say I'm enjoying ex-Met Jay Bruce give the Yanks fits. They could have had him, but they didn't want to pay his salary. Too bad, too sad.

DH was rooting for the Yankees. I'm a Mets fan (here in NY, that's called a mixed marriage ;)), so I don't care.

Well, one team is out: Astros defeat the Red Sox 5-4 and move on to the ALCS! Congrats Astros!

I can't believe the Yanks - if they win this ALCS, I have a feeling they will win the series.

Astros just won 4-0. So the World Series will be LA vs. Houston. Should be interesting!

Wonder what the TV network execs are doing now? I suspect they were rooting for a Dodgers Yankees World Series. Not sure there will be much interest on the East Coast now.

First World Series since 1970 with two 100+ game winning teams.

A lot of storylines. Happy for both teams.

And an interesting tidbit: Houston will be the first modern team to represent both leagues in the World Series. When they made the series in 2005, they were in the National League.

DH and I will be arriving in L.A. about 2pm Pacific time on Wednesday (Game 2), and we have no real plans for that evening. (5pm Pacific start). Last week when the Dodgers clinched over the Cubs, he jokingly suggested we go to the game. Now he's starting to talk seriously about it. Hmmm, seems intriguing. I've never been to a World Series game. We'll have to check prices on the secondary market. If they're not TOO outrageous, maybe we'll go. Bleacher or nosebleed seats will be fine.

Or maybe we can follow the Dodger fan stereotype and arrive after the 3rd inning when scalper prices might be cheaper. We'll then have to leave after the 7th inning to conform.

We'll still be in town for possible Games 6 & 7. Game 6 would be on Halloween, and we already have tickets to Disneyland's Halloween Party. Game 7 would be on November 1. We're available, buy prices for a Game 7 would likely be prohibitive. So Game 2 looks like the best possibility.

In any event, I'm rooting for the Astros because they've never won the WS.

Edit: Eeeek!!!! StubHub prices START at $690 for Wednesday's game. More than twice what we'd be willing to pay. Oh, well, scratch that idea.

Last edited:
Supposedly, tomorrow's game is going to likely break a record as the hottest WS game - somewhere in the range of 96 degrees at first pitch. Yikes. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!