2018 Bounce Back released today!!

Sorry, not meaning to be picky but would hate for someone to lose out. I believe the BB phone lines close each day at either 10pm or 11pm EST.
Oh you are correct. I guess it was end of day, so that would depend on customer service. Thank you for the reminder. I work for a company that is staffed 24 hours so I forget other customer service places are not.

I'm not sure. You can always give it a try. I remember there was talk last July/early August of people calling the bb number to see if the FD bb was available to book yet or to ask about which resorts were included.
Honestly it depends on who you talk to and what rumor they hear.

Can you call it just to inquire about availability? Just wondering if a few days before I arrive in April I would be able to gauge what is even left so me and DH can discuss on plane
I don't think this will work, but you can do what I did and book something and then call back later and see if you can change it (note: I'm having zero luck changing mine). You need to be onsite or have your BB reservation. I know the folks that were calling to see if FD BB was out, but they were onsite, and trying to get it booked before they were scheduled to leave. I wish we could check availability online!

The rate you were getting for September, can I ask which resort?
We are arriving in April and I had hoped to be able to book a BB for September, if the availability is that bad I may have to wait for the AP discounts to drop in June.
For my dates, The lowest rate was around $330 at Yacht Club. It was a Garden view room. That’s not a bad rate for Christmas or Easter week, but for a bounceback for September, it seemed exceptionally high. I can get a room at Universal’s Royal Pacific for $225 for the same week. Last September we stayed Club Level at Universal’s Portofino Bay for $300. In September 2015, we paid $180 a night at CBR, but that was rack rate because we got free dining.

Beach Club only had availability for 1 bedrooms when I called. Nothing available at WL. The lowest level room at AK was a pool view bunk bed, which also was around $345 a night (I paid $214 for an AK standard July 4th week of 2016). No availability at POFQ. Only RR at POR and those were $250 a night. Nothing at the Poly except a VIP suite (I think the VIP suite was at the Poly. I didn’t pay much attention. I just laughed because I am not paying for a VIP suite anywhere).

For my dates, The lowest rate was around $330 at Yacht Club. It was a Garden view room. That’s not a bad rate for Christmas or Easter week, but for a bounceback for September, it seemed exceptionally high. I can get a room at Universal’s Royal Pacific for $225 for the same week. Last September we stayed Club Level at Universal’s Portofino Bay for $300. In September 2015, we paid $180 a night at CBR, but that was rack rate because we got free dining.

Beach Club only had availability for 1 bedrooms when I called. Nothing available at WL. The lowest level room at AK was a pool view bunk bed, which also was around $345 a night (I paid $214 for an AK standard July 4th week of 2016). No availability at POFQ. Only RR at POR and those were $250 a night. Nothing at the Poly except a VIP suite (I think the VIP suite was at the Poly. I didn’t pay much attention. I just laughed because I am not paying for a VIP suite anywhere).
Exactly my experience trying to check availability for FD BB. Very limited options.

I’m sorry if this has already been asked, but if you book a moderate resort with free dining, will they let you pay the difference to upgrade to the regular dining plan?

We are coming down to stay in July and wondered if anyone knew if the bounce back would still be a room discount for fall? We are wanting to come back down in October. Do they blackout dates in October?

We are coming down to stay in July and wondered if anyone knew if the bounce back would still be a room discount for fall? We are wanting to come back down in October. Do they blackout dates in October?
The Bounceback will likely be the Room Discount for 2018 (should be bookable through mid-August). All of October and all of November is blocked out. The dates available can be found earlier in this thread:
img_0254-jpg.295891

The Bounceback will likely be the Room Discount for 2018 (should be bookable through mid-August). All of October and all of November is blocked out. The dates available can be found earlier in this thread:
img_0254-jpg.295891

I am sorry this has probably been asked and answered a bunch: but if you check in before bounceback ends can you get the rate for the entire week or is it just for the bounceback dates? I.e. we check in 9/27 could we have the bounceback rate until 10/3 or only until 9/29?

I am sorry this has probably been asked and answered a bunch: but if you check in before bounceback ends can you get the rate for the entire week or is it just for the bounceback dates? I.e. we check in 9/27 could we have the bounceback rate until 10/3 or only until 9/29?
As long as you check in before the offer expires, the offer is good for your entire stay (as long as your stay is 14 days or less I believe).

As long as you check in before the offer expires, the offer is good for your entire stay (as long as your stay is 14 days or less I believe).
I don’t think this is correct.

My understanding is that for Room Only discounts, you only receive the discount for the nights that actually fall within the promo dates. (In the example above, the PP would only receive the RO discount through 09/29).

For “Free Dining,” historically as long as your check-in date falls within the promo dates, your entire stay gets the promo. (If the promo ends on 12/16, for example, and you check in on 12/16, you’ll receive the promo for the duration of your stay).

I tried for a Bounceback (room only) for December last week. It was slim pickings...

AKL Savannah View
BC Club level
CSR
CBR
All-Stars and Pop

Those were the only ones available so I passed

My understanding is that for Room Only discounts, you only receive the discount for the nights that actually fall within the promo dates. (In the example above, the PP would only receive the RO discount through 09/29).

For “Free Dining,” historically as long as your check-in date falls within the promo dates, your entire stay gets the promo. (If the promo ends on 12/16, for example, and you check in on 12/16, you’ll receive the promo for the duration of your stay).
I have always done free dining bounce backs. Didn't realize they treated those promos differently. Sorry if I posted incorrect information.

We actually were there in January and I booked a bounceback for May. It has turned out the best deal of all...even better than the AP rates at CBR. (Not by much but even $50 helps!) I had a feeling it might be like you stated (only within promo dates) but I guess I will just see what they say when I am there in May and call again. I guess I will try to book the entire 9/28 to 10/3 and if it has to be rack rate for a while until/if other discounts open up I will deal with it?!? Although it sounds like might not be much availability anyway.

Thanks for the responses.

We should make this a sticky because it does vary depending on the type of discount offer, which makes it confusing.

If the offer is a package offer, such as Free Dining or Stay, Play, Dine, then what matters is your check-in date. If your check-in date is within the dates, then you get free dining for the entire stay.

If the offer is a room discount, it is applied per night, so if your dates are 9/27 - 10/3, it will apply to the first 3 nights (9/27 - 9/29) and the last 3 nights would be rack rate.

HTH!

Is there a way to know (or have an idea) if there are usually bounce back offers in December? We will be at Wilderness Lodge this Dec 8-17th. Are bounce back offers usually available during this timeframe? If so, is it usually a room discount or free dining? Sounds like a lot of you guys know some great details about the bounce back...I'm still trying to learn more about this offer. Sorry in advance if this is a repeated question.

Is there a way to know (or have an idea) if there are usually bounce back offers in December? We will be at Wilderness Lodge this Dec 8-17th. Are bounce back offers usually available during this timeframe? If so, is it usually a room discount or free dining? Sounds like a lot of you guys know some great details about the bounce back...I'm still trying to learn more about this offer. Sorry in advance if this is a repeated question.

There are bounce back offers in December. They are normally room discount offers. The room discount BB usually runs from around the beginning of November through the following mid-August. The Free Dining BB usually runs from mid-Aug. through approximately the end of October each year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!