2018 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR

Updated the first post, added "A Wrinkle in Time" and a few other dates to the third post.

Added End Date for Pixar Fest.
Thanks for posting. I wonder what that means for September 4. Will Halloween time start early this year? Will their be a gap in entertainment between Pixar Fest and Halloween? My family will be there Sept 10-14. The article linked said the fireworks will go through Sept 3 (labor day) but I hope PTN will continue past then.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a short gap between the end of the Pixar Fest and the start of HalloweenTime. My guess is that HalloweenTime will start on either 9/7 or 9/14 (with a slight lean towards 9/14 just because it started on 9/15 in 2017). I think there is a chance that they'll go back to the more typical off-peak schedule (fireworks, F! on weekends only - not sure about PtN) after Labor Day. I'm also curious to see what the end of Pixar Fest means as well for the three main entertainment offerings (fireworks, Pixar Play Parade in DL, PtN in DCA and, tangentially, WoC). Lots of things seem to be in flux!

Though not officially announced this year yet, generally BlizzCon tends to draw tens of thousands of people and typically falls on the first weekene in November (expected to be 1st to 4th November 2018).
But because its next door to Disneyland (Anaheim Convention Center), it may affect the crowds

Last edited:
If nothing else, it will have an impact on the area hotels. I'll add it a placeholder for BlizzCon until the dates are formally released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter